At home salon business forced to close because owner wouldn't wax a trans "woman's" balls. (Canada)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I got to say this is an excellent post. While the rights of transgendered people need to be protected and respected, those rights don't overrule everyone else's rights. There needs to be a balance.
Those rights should be the same rights as anybody has!!Why a balance?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Look at the discussion now happening in this thread. People are talking about the issue.

There's a delicate balance between protecting the rights of trans people and respecting the rights of women and small business owners. Somewhere between the extremes a reasonable line exists. Regardless of spidey's intent, reasonable people can have a health debate about it because it's a real issue as the pedophile man now named Jessica Yaniv has shown.
Yes there is a discussion of sorts!! But that still does not change the fact that Spyder has an agenda that is not in keeping with the norm and his SOP is exactly as has been stated!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
Those rights should be the same rights as anybody has!!Why a balance?

A quick Google search reveals a home waxing salon not far from my house. She specifically lists bikini waxes for women. She does work with men but does not list genital waxing:

1567473079431.png

If I call and tell her I identify as a women she MUST wax my male genitalia? Refusing to do so would be illegal? By saying I'm a woman I acquire new rights I didn't have before since, as a man, she could refuse to work on my ball sack, and she loses her right to choose what genitalia she works on.

That is not EQUAL RIGHTS that is preferential treatment for the transgendered.

If there is a need for these services (Brazilian waxes for men who identify as women) then ANYONE is free to start a business catering to these people without FORCING anyone to perform services they aren't comfortable with or trained for.

Reactions: SlowSpyder

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That is all your projection and not reality. I leaned left, I am onboard with classic liberal values, what liberals used to fight for. But what they are for today is some far left twisted version of those values that has no real semblance to what liberalism was about. This is not equality, this is not what equality looks like. Some here are so indoctrinated in the modern leftist way of thinking they're actually arguing that this salon owner must touch this guy's balls. And if you step back and look at it from a higher level view, it does call into question decisions like that made recently with the cake baker that refused to make a wedding cake for a LGBT couple. I think we're going to need some better discussion over where civil rights and one party's rights ends and another party's rights begin.

Being that the majority of domestic terrorist attacks are carried out by radical right wing white males, Slow, please get help. Facts are facts, you're statistically more likely to end up being a terrorist than just about any other demographic in the US.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
For those who believe that it was right to force this business to close, what if someone asked you to perform a task that you were opposed to? Would you want to retain your right to say no without penalty?

For the business owner this will mean that in the future they will have to have even more express terms surrounding what they will and will not do for their customers.

Not that I think driving these women out of business was right at all, but there are a hundred ways to say no that don’t open you to a suit such as this, I would have done that.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
No you dolt, my issue isn't inclusion. I accept that anyone has the right to live how they'd like, if they're not harming others' rights then have at it. That is equality. My problem is this, that the left fights for privilege and not equality today. You cannot read this story and say this is about equality. This is about forcing people, at the threat of government action, to play his game of make believe. That is fascism. And today, I think the leftists honestly think they are fighting for freedom and some kind of just moral crusade when the reality is that they are the oppressors today.

Who's privilege? Who is being oppressed?

Last edited:

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
If I were presented the opportunity, you can bet that person would never come back to me for a ball waxing again. Unless they really like pain, then I'd up the charge for the added value I provide.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
A quick Google search reveals a home waxing salon not far from my house. She specifically lists bikini waxes for women. She does work with men but does not list genital waxing:

View attachment 10333

If I call and tell her I identify as a women she MUST wax my male genitalia? Refusing to do so would be illegal? By saying I'm a woman I acquire new rights I didn't have before since, as a man, she could refuse to work on my ball sack, and she loses her right to choose what genitalia she works on.

That is not EQUAL RIGHTS that is preferential treatment for the transgendered.

If there is a need for these services (Brazilian waxes for men who identify as women) then ANYONE is free to start a business catering to these people without FORCING anyone to perform services they aren't comfortable with or trained for.

Yup, not at all equal rights. This is the privilege that the left fights for today, they aren't for equality any longer. Now they want a caste system of privilege, a hierarchy, while they pretend to be for equality.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
And this sample, is the best argument against multi space anyone bathrooms.

Why? Any sicko can dress as a woman (or man) now and enter the opposite gender locker room. Allowing persons who identify as different gender, and certified as such, to use their preferred bathroom won't make that any easier. I don't understand this argument. It's illegal and possible now, it would be illegal and equally possible then.

Oh, stop with your clear minded logic. Bigots are being oppressed!

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Yup, not at all equal rights. This is the privilege that the left fights for today, they aren't for equality any longer. Now they want a caste system of privilege, a hierarchy, while they pretend to be for equality.

Genuine question. Why do neo-nazis get to stay on the forums, and peddle obvious lies and disingenuous nonsense? Is this what Anandtech is happy to have as part of the community?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Genuine question. Why do neo-nazis get to stay on the forums, and peddle obvious lies and disingenuous nonsense? Is this what Anandtech is happy to have as part of the community?

Who are you calling a neo-Nazi? Please, point out this person's posts. I'm in the equality club.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Oh, stop with your clear minded logic. Bigots are being oppressed!

So if I don't care for an environment championed and pushed into existence by leftist pressure, where women can be forced to touch male genitals at threat of government action, I'm the bigot?

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Who are you calling a neo-Nazi? Please, point out this person's posts. I'm in the equality club.

Oh yes I wonder. If only we had some idea, some clue! Maybe if they peddled neo-Nazi talking points, we'd be able to know! If only!

Fuckin' right wing cunts, I swear.

Reactions: Amused

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Oh yes I wonder. If only we had some idea, some clue! Maybe if they peddled neo-Nazi talking points, we'd be able to know! If only!

Fuckin' right wing cunts, I swear.

Did you see the post above?

I think this is some kind of twisted passive aggressive personal attack towards me. I am NOT a neo-Nazi and am against everything they stand for. I would like for you to find one post of mine where I support Nazism. That is a fairly big accusation, so please provide support for this. Good luck finding any.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Did you see the post above?

I think this is some kind of twisted passive aggressive personal attack towards me. I am NOT a neo-Nazi and am against everything they stand for. I would like for you to find one post of mine where I support Nazism. That is a fairly big accusation, so please provide support for this. Good luck finding any.

You've been purveying anti-transgender nonsense this whole thread. The intentional misgendering is obvious. If you don't like being called a neo-Nazi, stop regurgitating daddy Steve Bannon's talking points. Besides, you support Trump, who was tutored by Steve Bannon when he employed him as Chief Strategist.

Feel free to be disingenuous, but it does show you to be a thick-brained fuckwipe with no empathy nor knowledge of basic biology.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You've been purveying anti-transgender nonsense this whole thread. The intentional misgendering is obvious. If you don't like being called a neo-Nazi, stop regurgitating daddy Steve Bannon's talking points. Besides, you support Trump, who was tutored by Steve Bannon when he employed him as Chief Strategist.

Feel free to be disingenuous, but it does show you to be a thick-brained fuckwipe with no empathy nor knowledge of basic biology.

I am putting science ahead of the feels. This is exactly what I mean when I say fighting for privilege. This person is a man. Obviously a man. The biology doesn't lie. I agree 100% and would have words with anyone that says this person does not have a right to live life how he wants. If he wants to live as a female and take on that identity, I fully support that and agree he is a human with the same rights and protections as you or me. But, I do not have to call a him a her because that's what he or you wants. That doesn't make me a Nazi. It means I'm simply using reality as my guide vs. his feelings.

Reactions: jayzds

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
I am putting science ahead of the feels. This is exactly what I mean when I say fighting for privilege. This person is a man. Obviously a man. The biology doesn't lie. I agree 100% and would have words with anyone that says this person does not have a right to live life how he wants. If he wants to live as a female and take on that identity, I fully support that and agree he is a human with the same rights and protections as you or me. But, I do not have to call a him a her because that's what he or you wants. That doesn't make me a Nazi. It means I'm simply using reality as my guide vs. his feelings.

Here we go, false science that's not supported by anything. That's exactly what the Nazi's did to justify the exact same views towards LGBT people.

For the outsiders looking in, here's the science: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

Turns out that transwomen have the brains of women, and transmen the brains of men. Didn't take long for Slow to drop the facade. Just two posts in. That's quicker than I thought it would be.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Here we go, false science that's not supported by anything. That's exactly what the Nazi's did to justify the exact same views towards LGBT people.

For the outsiders looking in, here's the science: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524112351.htm

Turns out that transwomen have the brains of women, and transmen the brains of men. Didn't take long for Slow to drop the facade. Just two posts in. That's quicker than I thought it would be.

But that doesn't mean much if anything. "Brain activity and structure in transgender adolescents more closely resembles the typical activation patterns of their desired gender, according to findings to be presented in Barcelona, at the European Society of Endocrinology annual meeting, ECE 2018." This does not mean a man is a woman if he wants to be. That is pretty much as far away from conclusive as it can be. "Desired" gender...

Let's talk about the science you deny. How about X and Y chromosomes in every living cell? What does that make a person? How about a human being with the previously mentioned X and Y chromosomes, they also have hormones of a male, body structure of a male, and a fully functional set of male sex organs. What does science suggest, that person is a female or a male? How about that deep voice and protruding Adam's apple... female? This is the left putting their feeling in front of the science.

Here are some brain scans of non-believers vs. religious believers. If the brain scans show the brains to have some difference in activity, does that mean the god the particular believer favors is real? Likewise, if man believes he is a woman, is he?

https://www.npr.org/2010/12/15/132078267/neurotheology-where-religion-and-science-collide

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Article: meditation improves frontal lobe function

Slow: if god doesn't exist then neither do transpeople

SlowSpyder: Makes point that trans people exist, they are free to live their lives as they see free, their humanity is the same as his own, and that they deserve all the protections and rights that all Americans enjoy... but, that the science suggests that those people are... you know, the ones with a penis and xy chromosomes are males, the ones with vaginas and xx chromosomes are females. Wild concept.

ElFeni: <something silly and nonsensical>