What's going on in TN?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Mark my words, be on the lookout for Republicans across the country passing laws that disproportionately make it harder for young people to vote. Esp in colleges and inner cities

Wait how for it
Texas did take the initiative on that one. A concealed-carry card is considered valid voter ID but a university ID is not.

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi and esquared

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
How can I know that all 2/3rd of them are racists and practicing fascism. I am not involved in Tenn politics and don't know any of them. A good number of them probably are very racist.
This is true, they could just be sexist instead.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
More info about the TN state house.

3 times since the Civil War members were expelled.
sexual misconduct
fraud
bribery

Misconduct that didn't result in expulsion...

Text messages calling black people ni**er and claiming "black people are idiots". Same rep was arrested on federal bribery charges. He was not expelled but later resigned.
Another member pissed on a chair to make a point. No expulsion

Meanwhile protesting because kids were killed in school to get action on guns you get removed, unless you are white.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
I kinda hope the Black folks and Black communities across America will finally WAKE-UP after this. Blacks have been lured-in, tricked-in by republicans for years because republicans pretend THEY CARE. And republicans pretend Blacks ARE EQUAL. And republicans pretend the republican party HAS CHANGED and WELCOMING to the Black folks. NONE OF THIS is true.

Republicans ONLY SEEK the Black vote to win elections, then to be done with them. Republicans claim that the democrat party is bad for Blacks, and "uses" Blacks for their advantage, but truth be told the democrat party is the only party for Blacks to chose from. The democrat party is the only party of choice if a Black man or woman doesn't want to be treated like a second class citizen, and treated like an animal by legislators in Tennessee and across red states. While Blacks have been trending over to the republican side, just maybe now they will think twice. Frankly, we should never again see even one Black man or women at a Trump rally or DeSantis rally. Hopefully this will be an awakening for the Black community.
Segment during these votes, apparently in TN, +40 for whites voting R. +70 for blacks voting D

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Every TN Republican that voted to evict those members is a fascist of the worst kind. It's a simple fact. There is absolutely no alternative. They overthrew the will of the people for a procedural interruption, and gladly. They have no redeeming qualities in a democracy, they just nullified democracy to suit their agenda. The very definition of authoritarianism. They should all resign.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
100%. And The statement by the White House was weak on this. You need to start calling these people what they are, authoritarian and fascist.

This is about marketing and if you can't call the enemy what they are in polite terms, then you've already lost.

AOC is calling on what they are and so are the kids protesting outside. Why don't we have a president with the same balls? And a party with the same balls?

Who cares if scum like the millions of PC geeks out there are offended? They are what they are and we know it.
If Biden called them Fascist, the entire coverage of this event would be "Was Biden right in using the term Fascist?"

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Time for a march on the TN capital which by the way is located on MLK Jr blvd. I guess they will change the name soon.
With all this reporting, a fact came up that I had completing forgotten about. MLK was assassinated in Memphis. Just saying.

Reactions: Pohemi

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
because they are held to a different standard.

biden and the dems at large would be called "divisive" and "independent" voters might be turned off towards the republican party. who are indeed a bunch of authoritarian fascists.

biden's gotta walk a relatively tight rope to win 2024 still.
Yeah, the furor over Hillary Clinton calling half of Trump's supporters deplorables provided a lot of fuel.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Every TN Republican that voted to evict those members is a fascist of the worst kind. It's a simple fact. There is absolutely no alternative. They overthrew the will of the people for a procedural interruption, and gladly. They have no redeeming qualities in a democracy, they just nullified democracy to suit their agenda. The very definition of authoritarianism. They should all resign.
But...but...people here have said they can't tell if that means they are fascist.

• Haha

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
CNN's Van Jones calls out Tennessee state Rep. Jeremy Faison (R). Repubs can't justify their actions.

Jones began his exchange with Faison by noting he used to work in the Tennessee legislature and was born in Jackson County.

“So, I know how things work in that state,” Jones said. “Why did you not go to the Ethics Committee? Why did you not go through due process? If you are serious here saying, you want this legislature to be respected, why are you not following the rules and using the tools that you have? You want them to not be extreme, but you’re being extreme. Why is that?”

Faison replied by saying there’s “a lot of accusation on your part,” but insisted Republicans followed procedure.

“We actually are following the rules and we gave them ample chance,” Faison said. “We established what was taking place on Monday. There was due process.”

“Did you go to the Ethics Committee?” Jones interrupted.

“It is not just up to me,” Faison responded. “There’s actually you know, 71 I think, or 70 of the members who, after looking at what took place today, they voted to expel–”

Jones reiterated his question.

“Why did you not go to the Ethics Committee and do the things that are always done in that body? You’ve had people that peed on chairs that did not get expelled,” Jones said. “So I don’t understand why you skipped the Ethics Committee if you want respect. And if you want for people to be reasonable, why are you being so unreasonable?”

Faison disputed the veracity of the story about the urine-drenched chair at the statehouse.

“So, what you need to understand is this is a body of people who decide corporately, what we’re gonna do moving forward,” he said. “The overwhelming majority – the heartbeat of this caucus – says, ‘Not on this House floor. Not this way.'”

Faison explained that as a group, House Republicans wanted to bypass the Ethics Committee altogether.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
short term memory disorder aka hypocrisy

Oregon 2020 Republican expelled

appropriate action

• Haha

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004

appropriate action
This guy? Who helped plan an insurrection? Please tell me I am missing the sarcasm.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
This guy? Who helped plan an insurrection? Please tell me I am missing the sarcasm.

Which passed 59-1, with only the insurrectionist voting against his own expulsion...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Since ambiguity seems to be the specialty of some I can't tell if almost all of these people are Jew hating Nazis. There may be a few. Remember the Maya Angelou axiom.
432E865800000578-0-image-a-17_1502706282386.jpg

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
OH FUCK ME I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE OREGON CAPITOL!
with all the other bullshit it became forgotten news really damn fast.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You saw Trump after 4 years and voted him again. That's kind of all we need to know and you still won't call these Republicans what they really are. You don't need to be in Tennessee politics to call them what they are.

Did we have to be Germans to call the Germans fascists when they were? You're full of bullshit excuses to excuse your shitty self.

And this is the case for anything whether it's gun control or here fascism, or any other political topic you always have an excuse.

You are shit your party is shit and if you can't denounce all of these clearly fascist evil Republicans you are the enemy.

Intervention needed ASAP.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

appropriate action

Yeah and he opened a door for shitheads to come into the capital. If I did that at work I'd be fired, if not criminally charged as well. The only short thing here is your comprehension.