What's going on in TN?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I strongly oppose this action in Tennessee. I don't agree with the representatives actions during the protest, but the only ones that should be able to remove them from office is the people that elected them, unless they are convicted of a serious crime.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I strongly oppose this action in Tennessee. I don't agree with the representatives actions during the protest, but the only ones that should be able to remove them from office is the people that elected them, unless they are convicted of a serious crime.
Does this prove at least the Republicans in Tennessee are a bunch of racists practicing fascism?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Waiting for someone to justify these actions and claim it isn’t racist in 3…2…1…

Only just caught this topic.
Was the woman not using the bullhorn?
Like, was there some material difference in their actions, or is race the only factor in TN?

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Time for a march on the TN capital which by the way is located on MLK Jr blvd. I guess they will change the name soon.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Republicans: we're being persecuted if our free speech doesn't allow us to say the most vile, hateful things without dissent.

Also Republicans: we will legally punish anyone whose speech disagrees with our 'right' to bully people with our guns.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
I've never been, but do it for your children. For many they'll never see the walls of that place, and for those who do it turns out to be a memorable experience they'll cherish for years to come. Florida and Desantis are terrible, but that shouldn't be an issue in your plans to make your family happy. Your decision not to go to Tennessee is more admirable. I looked up the place you were going to, it's nice but not memorable for a child or adult. Safe travels.

Reactions: Pohemi and iRONic

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Does this prove at least the Republicans in Tennessee are a bunch of racists practicing fascism?

I'm sure some are and some are not. It doesn't Prove that they are all a bunch of racists practicing fascism. In my opinion however they are all wrong for expelling them. I'm not sure how the female survived, but it was only by one vote.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Anybody still not convinced these people are pure evil?

I mean holy fuck this is straight up authoritarian and racist

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I'm sure some are and some are not. It doesn't Prove that they are all a bunch of racists practicing fascism. In my opinion however they are all wrong for expelling them. I'm not sure how the female survived, but it was only by one vote.

This is why you are useless piece of shit that pretends to have any values but never vote for them and stands up for the very worst behavior from your party, like this. It means nothing when you say you have these values but you continue to vote for a party with absolutely no values and then protect them from being called what they really are, So you can feel better about continuing to vote for pieces of shit like this.

Oh it's wrong but it's not those bad words oh no no.

My god you are filth. You are just as evil as the most hardcore Tennessee Republican that voted for this, because you'd vote for them anyways and don't want to call them what they are. Those are your people.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If not racist then what was expelling the two black legislators while letting the white woman survive?

If not fascist then what was removing the representation of the districts represented by Justin Jones and Justin Pearson?

Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It took 2/3 to expel the black legislators. Are you at least willing to admit 2/3 of them are racists practicing fascism?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
It took 2/3 to expel the black legislators. Are you at least willing to admit 2/3 of them are racists practicing fascism?

That two-thirds is pretty much the entire Republican contingent. And he already said he won't consider them that and those are the wrong words to use.

Why do people try to reason with this guy he always pretends to have values and then continues to vote for the party with none and defends the indefensible.

Know your fucking enemy people.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Did the Republicans not even bother with an excuse?
No. They just stuck to their excuse the blacks violated decorum.

Actually, now that I have had time, the first news article for the subject had the following quote from the TN legislature.
Speaking in defense of Johnson, they argued:

Before the vote, House Democratic Caucus Chairman John Ray Clemmons, D-Nashville, argued that there was not sufficient evidence to prove claims in the expulsion resolution.
“The record thus far simply proves that Rep. Johnson walked from there to there, and you want to expel her for that?” said Rep. John Ray Clemmons, motioning from Johnson’s desk to the podium. “She did not yell. She did not pound the desk. She did not hold a megaphone, she did not have a button on. She did nothing. She walked from there to there.
Good lord, and that defense only held by 1 vote?

Reactions: Pohemi

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Every single vote for those expulsions is at the very least fascists to its core. And horrific and evil. A decent amount where also probably racist and we know that but just being that fascist that authoritarian and that evil is fucking insane in an of itself.