What's going on in TN?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Gloria Johnson survives. LOL not black enough for expulsion?? Not sure if somehow they denied the 2/3s vote required or if an R switched to support.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Holy shit. They're going to make this even worse than expelling them all, aren't they? Can you be any more fucking transparent?

They are asking for so much shit to happen as a result.

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Those Republicans in the TN legislature are waging war against a surging demographic shift toward the young and the ethnically diverse of whom are leaning left. Their only recourse is to rule from a minority party status of which is becoming more and more difficult for them to do. This expulsion of Democrat legislators is IMO a manisfestation of this conservative battle against democracy and it will get much worse before it gets better.

These non-economic issues that the Republicans have planted their flag on is done on purpose so as to divert attention away from the fact that their leaders have standing orders to favor the wealthy while keeping their middle class and their poor as uninformed and misinformed about that undeniable incontrovertible fact. Just noticed the white female legislator has survived the explusion attempt. Hmmmmm.

As an aside, I've been keeping tabs on what the cable news channels are broadcasting and wouldn't you know FOX isn't making such a big deal about this. No surpirse there as on a national level, what the conservative TN legislators are doing, it's looking pretty autocratic and racist so far.

edit - Again FOX attempting to deny their viewers what's actually going on because it makes them all look bad.

Reactions: Franz316

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Holy shit. They're going to make this even worse than expelling them all, aren't they? Can you be any more fucking transparent?

They are asking for so much shit to happen as a result.
This is what happens when the political powers live in a bubble. Someone's going to burst it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Heard an interview from the now former Rep Justin Jones one of those Republican crackers called him uppity. Justin then held up his phone and dared him to repeat it. The racist fuck didn’t have the stones knowing he was being recorded.

Fuck all the racist Republicans fucks. They should all burn in hell. All of them. Fascism is already underway but those evil people won’t be satisfied until the country reverts back to a day when blacks had no power. Guess I need to prepare to count beans in a jar next time I go vote

Fuck all those evil pricks

Kids can all die in school as long as they can crow about their precious 2A. They voted in glee because they got to denigrate black legislators at the same time.

Gloria Johnson admittedly in an interview she survived because of the color of her skin.

All Republicans need to burn at the stake.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
MSNBC decided to cover most of what's going on in and out of the TN state house since about 2 PDT today. Ried has basically turned her show over to it. Quite the spectacle of whiteness in the south. Nothings changes down there.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Reactions: hal2kilo

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Lines are being crossed that should never be crossed. I honestly don't see democracy continuing in this country without blood being shed. We are the frogs in the pot and that is steam you're seeing.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Republican crackers just expelled the second black member. They saved the white woman.

Why are we still debating Republicans are the racist party? If you vote Republican you are complicit. You are an enabler. You are as bad as Republican legislators. State level and national.

Is this even a debate now?

Reactions: misuspita

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Sad thing this won’t make any difference unless voters actually vote out these traitors.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The way I understand it, those 2 members will likely get re-elected (if they run) in the specials.

The rest of the chamber will still be fucking racists.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I hope no violence breaks out. It will just give the Klan Republicans an excuse to ignore the patriots protesting even though there is no comparison.

Protest loudly. Sit in

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The way I understand it, those 2 members will likely get re-elected (if they run) in the specials.

The rest of the chamber will still be fucking racists.
Going to cost the state a lot of money to have the special elections, which I'm confident they would win. Fn white male (mostly from what I saw) morons.

Reactions: Pens1566

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Sad thing this won’t make any difference unless voters actually vote out these traitors.
The last liberal stronghold (Nashville) Davidson County has recently been gerrymandered so there's no way for them to get voted out now unless they piss off enough of their own.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Waiting for someone to justify these actions and claim it isn’t racist in 3…2…1…

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Is it too hyperbolic to proclaim

April 6 2023

The start of this country’s new Civil War?