What's going on in TN?

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
TN legislature planning to full on expel three Dem lawmakers for their participation with gun control advocates. Just imagine their plans on a national level if they ever get a big enough majority.

But hey let's interview MTG on 60 Minutes and totally normalize their movement.

There are days where I think, balkanization may not be so bad.

Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but kinda seems like a big deal.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
TN legislature planning to full on expel three Dem lawmakers for their participation with gun control advocates. Just imagine their plans on a national level if they ever get a big enough majority.

But hey let's interview MTG on 60 Minutes and totally normalize their movement.

There are days where I think, balkanization may not be so bad.

Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but kinda seems like a big deal.

Umm hello SCOTUS. Something you might want to look into. From my experience in living in the south and traveling over it, is that Tennessee had the absolute worst roads. They actually fixed it. I call it virtual thoughts and prayers. At literally every bad turn, there were several crosses lined up. This was more than 50 years ago, so MAYBE things have changed.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Too bad TN is gerrymandered to hell, so this will not hurt the GOP there one bit. Not one bit.

Reactions: Pohemi

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Too bad TN is gerrymandered to hell, so this will not hurt the GOP there one bit. Not one bit.
Yeah, most of the South is actually Democrat (blacks and white who arent batshit crazy) and the republicans know this which is why they gerrymander everything to hell. They've even been caught saying out loud they need to block or nullify black votes wherever possible.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
In case any wanted the Faux News spin on this:

1680611166331.png

Apparently protesting in the gallery and leading chants from the floor as a member of the house is "storming the capitol" now, but busting in windows, killing police, and shitting on desks is just a normal tourist visit.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
In case any wanted the Faux News spin on this:

View attachment 78997

Apparently protesting in the gallery and leading chants from the floor as a member of the house is "storming the capitol" now, but busting in windows, killing police, and shitting on desks is just a normal tourist visit.
And the saddest thing is that their viewers lap it up and regurgitate it when asked.

Reactions: Pohemi and Zorba

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
My wife and kid are pissed at me. It’s spring break and they wanted to go to Pigeon Forge and I nixed any trips to TN.

Fuck that place. KY isn’t that much better as far as their treatment of their marginalized population either.

I’m still mad we’re going to Disney this fall…

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I finally found it, I finally found a website thats actively tracking black voter suppression.

They are not loaded with info, you have to dig around and take their case studies and go research them yourself, but it is basically what I wanted. An up to date library of recent incidents.

As an example: England does better reporting on real issues than most American outlets:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Evil fuckers calling the protest worse than the Jan 6 insurrection.

Republicans can't be labeled as anything other than evil.

Listening to the coverage now. If Pubs are smart, they will back off. If they expel the 3 Dems, I predict crowds in and around the capital will swell.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It'll create a backfire heard across the nation while falling on deaf ears in every corner of the conservative world because the heathen Democrats need to be prevented from creating Hell on Earth and recurrent mass murdering children is a small price to pay for conservative Americans to keep their assault rifles with 30 round/drum mags to strut around town with or play Army and/or Rambo at the border.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Just voted to cut off all further debate and get to the expulsions. Dems are livid.

I’m wondering if other Democrats will quit the legislature in protest.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
EXPELLED!!!

Now if only Repugnicans can act this quickly for important matters

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Welp. Here's hoping TN residents respond to this. Otherwise, it'll just empower the fascists that did this.

General strike, whatever. Get to it.

Reactions: Ken g6 and Pohemi

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
I would walk out of I were rep in Tennessee. At this point, fascism is the rule of law. Wonder what the fascists would say if blue states expelled republicans? Something, something, hunter, something something Hillary, something something Kenyan deep state. These people are lost. I certainly will never live in red state. Well, if I could get a mandatory check of genitals before my 5k run I may change my mind, how u doin

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Yep, this shit has got to stop and be stopped. Republicans across the nation have gone absolutely insane attacking every aspect of freedom while refusing to govern as they were elected to do.
God will get them for this, for all of this. If not god then the voters will.
I never cared for the south, way too much KKK still alive and well. This is the MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN that republicans refer to and want to return America to. Count me out....

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Reasons for expulsion from TN leg:

1. Accepting a bribe in office (white Republican)
2. Unsolicited sexting / inappropriate conduct with 22 women(white Republican)
3. Felony wire fraud conviction (black Democrat/Senate)

4. Bringing a bullhorn to the floor and speaking out of order (black Democrat)

Last edited: