this is really hard to watch: 4 Gaza kids on a beach killed by Israeli gunboat

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Why the hell have we been so friendly to one small country in the middle-east (that doesnt have oil)?
right off the top of my head i can think of 2 reasons:
1) military technology - USA is funding many research and development projects in israel.
2) a proxy base of operations and intelligence. israeli intelligence is unrivaled in the region.

I suspect the situation over there is the same
Netanyahu is a politician just like any other (perhaps even better than most). when it suits him, he puts his arms around the religious settlers and the radical right wing parties. he basically uses the settlements as a bargaining chip so he could pause the building in the west bank as part of an agreement with Abbas (west bank Fattah leader). so far it hasn't paid off and his power is waning in Israel. the moderate Center is gaining strength but no one other than Netanyahu wants to be Prime Minister...
Israelis today care more about their deteriorating social and economic situation than they do about the peace process.

oh...did i neglect to mention i'm Israeli? :D i guess you already figured out...

if the palestinians truly want peace (which i highly doubt Hamas does), they should sit quietly and Israel would approach them because the USA keeps demanding Israel would progress the peace process.

Last edited:

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
And, how many of those rockets were targeting Israelis hospitals, schools, and playing children?

Since HAMAS targets rockets at broad areas I can say all of them since they are so in-accurate. HAMAS would love to see a rocket land on a group of playing Israeli children.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
HAMAS would love to see a rocket land on a group of playing Israeli children.

LOL...

You have learned your propaganda lesson well, i guess that actualy they would be quite embarassed and would rather hope that it falls on some military preparing to bomb them.

Anyway, can you answer this question that Borealis7 is escaping as much as he can , wich say that he agree with said quote, do you also support this policy ? :

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
but that HAS happened - 3 teens were murdered by 2 Hamas activists a month ago.

Thanks! Now you can see that when it was Jewish people who were killed, people supported the destruction of Hamas/Palestinians. Governments up in arms. Newspapers posting Jewish boys pics as front page news. "Shame on them terrorists"

Now when it happens in reverse. What's the response? We've seen it. Shouldn't these actions be equally as bad? Condemned? But no, its "Hamas fault, they use human shields." I didn't see any Hamas member in this pics with a rocket launcher right behind these kids. Sorry.

And here is another thought. How many incidents like this happen that are not caught on tape and are silenced by the media? Or dismissed because once again, "Hamas uses human shields." People turn a blind eye.

If someone is Jewish, I can see them banding together with their brothers and supporting Israel. But if you aren't Jewish. Why is there this blind eye? I understand they run our government, our media, and our schools, so it's hard to look at things with an unbiased perspective. But you should try.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
LOL...

You have learned your propaganda lesson well, i guess that actualy they would be quite embarassed and would rather hope that it falls on some military preparing to bomb them.

Anyway, can you answer this question that Borealis7 is escaping as much as he can , wich say that he agree with said quote, do you also support this policy ? :

Considering how indiscriminately HAMAS fires rockets into Israeli they don't care where they land except that Israeli's get killed. If they are woman and children that is fine with them.

No I don't agree with the qoute from Ariel Sharon.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i'm not avoiding anything. No, i do not agree and at least 66% of Israel doesn't agree as well. the right has about a 1/3rd of parliament seats and most israelis aren't settlers.

now you are avoiding my question - are you a terrorist sympathizer? i want to hear you (read you) condemning Hamas for all it's war crimes. go on, i'm waiting.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Now when it happens in reverse. What's the response? We've seen it. Shouldn't these actions be equally as bad? Condemned? But no, its "Hamas fault, they use human shields." I didn't see any Hamas member in this pics with a rocket launcher right behind these kids. Sorry.

HamasHumanShields.gif

human-shield-2.jpg

human-shield-3.jpg

palestinian-child-shields.jpg

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
Since HAMAS targets rockets at broad areas I can say all of them since they are so in-accurate. HAMAS would love to see a rocket land on a group of playing Israeli children.
My understanding is that the Israelis "superior technology" iron dome take care of all of the rockets. And, the intelligence/army is capable of move in and arrest all of the dissidents/criminals/terrorists with out resort to killing children to incite hates and discrimination.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
My understanding is that the Israelis "superior technology" iron dome take care of all of the rockets. And, the intelligence/army is capable of move in and arrest all of the dissidents/criminals/terrorists with out resort to killing children to incite hates and discrimination.
the last thing Israel wants is to have troops on the ground in Gaza. that would result in many casualties.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
i'm not avoiding anything. No, i do not agree and at least 66% of Israel doesn't agree as well. the right has about a 1/3rd of parliament seats and most israelis aren't settlers.

You may not support it and it honours you if it s true but i m sure that the number you re quoting for the israelis is not true at all, or i missed a source that tell it explicitly...

now you are avoiding my question - are you a terrorist sympathizer? i want to hear you (read you) condemning Hamas for all it's war crimes. go on, i'm waiting.

I consider that Hamas is a resistance movement and the only one remaining in Palestine because the Fatah leadership has abandonned the
revendication of legitimate rights (recognized by the UNO) in exchange of wealth and a place in the wealthy elite should an agreement that negate thoses rights be signed.

Call them terrorists if you like but i dont consider as terrorist one who is fighting to regain rights that are actualy recognized by international laws and wich were usurped by a supremacist movement, expressely the zionist movement wish is a jewish nationalism born in Europe at the end of the 19e century like all others europeans nationalisms wich yielded fascism in Italy and nazism in Germany.

Being born in the same craddle zionism bear the same caracteristics that thoses two ideologies, first one is to refuse international laws in the name of this supremacism.

Here this ideology expressed by one of its most die hard instigator and war criminal by the way :

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial." -- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online
"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."
This is clear, zionism raison d' etre is by the definition to usurp the rights of the palestinians and this is applied every day, as you can read they publicly claim that they cant be took accountable for their crimes but that they have the "right" to trial others, this is the expression of an extreme racism and obvious sentiment of superiority over not only the palestinians but also who ever is not jewish/zionist, this is this rotten ideology that you are eagerly supporting but at least you dont have to bear its effects contrary to the palestinians wich are faced by a bunch of extremists that prosperate on their spoliation.

Last edited:

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
so in your mind, fighting for freedom gives Hamas legitimacy to commit multiple war crimes on a daily basis? just as i thought.

" Israel, the United States,[9] Canada,[10] the European Union,[11][12] Jordan,[13] Egypt[14] and Japan classify Hamas as a terrorist organization,[15]"

i'm done here. time to go home from work.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
so in your mind, fighting for freedom gives Hamas legitimacy to commit multiple war crimes on a daily basis? just as i thought.

" Israel, the United States,[9] Canada,[10] the European Union,[11][12] Jordan,[13] Egypt[14] and Japan classify Hamas as a terrorist organization,[15]"

i'm done here. time to go home from work.

You are using straws because you either lack the juridical formation or it is voluntarly but since you brought the issue i will add that i do not support war crimes but you do since israel committed war crimes theses past days but it wouldnt touch your mind that theses are war crimes because of your inherent bias.

Should 35 israelis teens have been killed by Hamas rockets that you would yell war crimes for sure, this say that deep inside yourself you dont considers palestinians teens as equally deserving life as israeli teens.
Btw, i used the number 35 because it was the number of palestinians teens killed up to two days ago.

As for the Hamas it is not considered by law as a terrorist movement in China, neither in India , so why would the obviously AIPAC inspired US law be of any relevance in respect of the rest of the world, or is that the US supremacism that is at work.?..

We all know that the AIPAC is what shaping your laws in respect of the palestinian issue, heck, your constant pressures on Iran for instance have the same origin and the same contradictions with others countries laws.

Last edited:

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
i'm not one to throw around the "anti-semite" word a lot, but do you realize how anti-semitic you sound right now?

The truth is anti semite?

Just look at the "executive producer" of every TV show. Look at their name, or google them. Tell me if you find any that are not Jewish. A friend of mine suggested I try it a few years back, and to my surprise. I found out everybody was Jewish, some were hard to tell and may not be. So you can call me whatever names you want. I'm just the messenger. If for pointing it out I'm anti semite, then I'm anti semite. /don't care

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Abwx, I put a video (made by Hamas) celebrating the hit of a school bus by an AT missile in 2011 in an earlier post.
That is not a "resistance movement".

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

Just look at the "executive producer" of every TV show. Look at their name, or google them. Tell me if you find any that are not Jewish.

it literally took me about 30 seconds to disprove this... the EP of the highest rated show in the US is Italian (Fred Gaudelli)

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
It is worthy to note that the reason why there are a disproportionate number of Jews in media/hollywood is because these are relatively new industries that Jews were not blocked from entering due to anti-semitism prevalent in other industries. Industry, banking, professional associations, Academia, and government had long standing traditions of not allowing Jews. Jews were mostly relegated to small independent businesses ventures.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Just like mosques are far from weapon caches too?

Kids were probably put out there to cover up something.

Kids were 200 metres from the hotel that harbour all journalists, that s why it was fimed and witnessed by 4 differents crews, it s obvious that Hamas didnt take the risk to launch rockets from places such as this but , hey, you are prompt to create or suggest lies, keep on being mentaly enslaved, or racist more likely.

Btw, they killed 3 other teens while we were "debating"...

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

Just look at the "executive producer" of every TV show. Look at their name, or google them. Tell me if you find any that are not Jewish. A friend of mine suggested I try it a few years back, and to my surprise. I found out everybody was Jewish, some were hard to tell and may not be. So you can call me whatever names you want. I'm just the messenger. If for pointing it out I'm anti semite, then I'm anti semite. /don't care

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Perry

:whiste:

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Abwx, I put a video (made by Hamas) celebrating the hit of a school bus by an AT missile in 2011 in an earlier post.
That is not a "resistance movement".

2011..?.

You really had to dig hard to find such an event.

How many palestinians killed since this rocket did land on thoses people..??

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
It is worthy to note that the reason why there are a disproportionate number of Jews in media/hollywood is because these are relatively new industries that Jews were not blocked from entering due to anti-semitism prevalent in other industries. Industry, banking, professional associations, Academia, and government had long standing traditions of not allowing Jews. Jews were mostly relegated to small independent businesses ventures.

32 congressmen, that is representants or senators, they have their own lobby inside the US parliament, funny for a group that is what, 1.7% of the US population, actualy they have as much seats as the afro americans should have if there was a proportional representation.

No wonder that Hamas was branded terrorist, same as with the laws against Iran, and the most funny is that John Kerry as well as the french minister that is part of the negociations with Iran, Laurent Fabius , are jewish..

As for the list you re giving it doesnt include bankers as they are in this sector since 100 years and are dominant in Wall street.

I daily trade on markets and the day of Yom Kippour, a jewish fest, transactions at wall street are half of the usual numbers and i m not inventing, this is documented in the mainstream press.

Of course that they wont miss the date they make the prayers that are supposed to exonerate them from all the evils they ll commit in the new year, that is true speculators, even in religion.

Last edited: