this is really hard to watch: 4 Gaza kids on a beach killed by Israeli gunboat

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
good thing i don't live in that part of the world. then I might actually give a fuck.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
By murdering unarmed children on a beach? So how exactly is israel better than the terrorists attacking them?

As I stated in the other thread on this, israel and the palestinians are equally to blame for this mess. One oppresses the other and occupies their land and submits them to inhuman conditions, the other attempts to kill innocent people in terrorist attacks. Basically, two sides of a very evil coin.

I suppose that israel oppress and occupies their land but doesnt kill innocents people in the process..?.

One is acting, israel , and the other , the palestinians, is reacting.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Yes, Hamas only acts in self defense. sending a 5-man "commando" unit into Israel, armed to the teeth (and gets blown to kingdom come), and digging a tunnel into Israeli territory (this time 13 men get blown to bits) are all intended to protect poor Gazans.

some kind of defense they got there with all the rockets too. purely a defensive weapon that doesn't put 5 million Israelis under threat of rocket fire.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

No, that's BS. Lets not pretend that either side is innocent. The wackadoodle jihadis would like nothing better than to kill israelis, regardless of what israel does or doesn't do.

As I said, two sides of an evil coin, except that one side is much better armed and equipped than the other.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Yes, Hamas only acts in self defense. sending a 5-man "commando" unit into Israel, armed to the teeth (and gets blown to kingdom come), and digging a tunnel into Israeli territory (this time 13 men get blown to bits) are all intended to protect poor Gazans.

Israeli territory as you say is legaly palestinian territory stolen by the israelis.

Now keep on ignoring the facts.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
No, that's BS. Lets not pretend that either side is innocent. The wackadoodle jihadis would like nothing better than to kill israelis, regardless of what israel does or doesn't do.

As I said, two sides of an evil coin, except that one side is much better armed and equipped than the other.

The israelis are living on stolen private property for most of them.

That a state establish sovereignty over an area doesnt give him the right to expropriate and confiscate private property, that is international laws that existed before this state was created and this is ignored by people like you who dont know what the international laws are and what they stipulate.

Actualy those laws mandate him to make thoses rights respected but in the case of israel their raison d'etre is defined by this , that is expressely negating thses laws.

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.
If the US was to invade Mexico the US government would have no right to confiscate private properties owned by mexicans.

Last edited:

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Lets not ignore the fact that they live under occupation and oppression, and they're using whatever means they have available to retaliate. There is no innocent side in this.
Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2006, and closes the border every time there is a hostile act by Hamas. (which is...all the time)
there are exactly 0 israeli soldiers in Gaza today. 404 occupation not found.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Israel pulled out of Gaza in 2006, and closes the border every time there is a hostile act by Hamas. (which is...all the time)

No need of soldiers inside Gaza since they control all things outside this area, among others the products delivered inside Gaza, for the record here the products that are not allowed to enter the city , the list is in french, use google translate :

En 2010, l'ONG Gisha dresse une liste des produits interdits par le blocus:
Sauge, cardamone, cumin, coriandre, gingembre, confiture, halva, vinaigre, muscade, chocolat, fruits en conserve, graines et noix, biscuits et bonbons, chips, gaz pour boissons gazeuses, fruits secs, viande fraîche, plâtre, bitume, bois de construction, ciment, fer, glucose, sel industriel, contenants en plastique/verre/métal, margarine industrielle, revêtements à base de bitume pour les huttes, tissus pour vêtements, rehausseurs de goût et d'odeurs, cannes à pêche, divers filets de pêche, bouées/balises, cordages pour la pêche, filets de nylon pour serres, couveuses pour poussins et pièces détachées, pièces détachées pour tracteurs, laiteries pour étables, tuyaux d'irrigation, cordages pour serres, planteurs pour jeunes pousses, chauffages pour poulaillers, instruments de musique, papier format A4, instruments pour écrire, carnets de notes, journaux, jouets, rasoirs, machines à coudre et pièces détachées, chauffages, chevaux, ânes, chèvres, bétail, poussins.

and a link to wiki :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_imports

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
No need of soldiers inside Gaza since they control all things outside this area, among others the products delivered inside Gaza, for the record here the products that are not allowed to enter the city , the list is in french, use google translate :
and a link to wiki :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_imports
by your logic, South Korea is occupying and oppressing North Korea too.

"On May 20, 2010,...Seoul would cut all trade with North Korea as part of measures primarily aimed at striking back at North Korea diplomatically and financially."

the state of Israel and the Hamas organization are at war! of course Israel won't supply it's enemy with materials it needs to fight them!

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
the state of Israel and the Hamas organization are at war! of course Israel won't supply it's enemy with materials it needs to fight them!

I m talking about the zionists/palestinian issue and all my logic stand for this issue, now if you want to discuss Koreas related issues open a thread and i ll give my opinion about it wich will be specific to thoses countries as their case is another one.

If you had any juridical formal training you wouldnt fall on such straws.

As for material used to fight , are you serious?.Does one fight using chocolate, potatoe chips, A4 paper and other such products..?.

Reality is that israelis are not only land grabbers they are also paranoids and palestinians must abide by the perversity of thoses mentaly deranged people.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
not chocolate, silly. metals, pipes, fertilizers - materials used to make Qassam rockets and explosives.

and israelis are "paranoid" and don't trust Palestinians because the Palestinians have never given israelis any reason to trust them. any act of friendship was answered with violence. (i.e. opening of the crossings for merchandise, closing them when a suicide bomber explodes in the crossing)

Last edited:

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
not chocolate, silly. metals, pipes, fertilizers - materials used to make Qassam rockets and explosives.

Whatever, that s just dictatorship the worse way possible.

As for metals and other items they get them anyway, the only difference is that the blocus increase the prices several fold, indeed the real reason is to keep them in a terrible subdevellopement, that s all , all the rest is miserable propaganda made by people like you who are content to have their right respected while negating thoses rights to the people they hate, that is , you are discussing details because you know that discussing the root of the conflict would put you at a disadvantage and expose your double standard even further.

Answer this question, do you agree with this statement, that is, do you support this policy ? :

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

Last edited:

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
key words in your quote: "addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing".
those people aren't in power in Israel. just like the religious right isn't calling the shots in the USA.

i don't have any qualms with the Palestinian people, only their terrorist leadership in Gaza.
the same leadership that hoards millions of dollars instead of investing in infrastructure in gaza, the same leadership that perpetuates poverty in order to squeeze more aid from europe and use the resources to produce weapons and dig terrorism tunnels.
i even doubt Ismail Hanniya is in gaza at the moment, and wisely so, if he shows is head in broad daylight he would get a drone missile to the head before he could say "allah akhbar".

i have never seen you condemn their actions, only attack israel, are you a terrorist sympathizer?

Last edited:

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
the same leadership that hoards millions of dollars instead of investing in infrastructure in gaza, the same leadership that perpetuates poverty in order to squeeze more aid from europe and use the resources to produce weapons and dig terrorism tunnels.

Wich infrastructures since they cant get what they need in concrete, are you silly, and no metals, how do you reinforce the concrete, no asphalt, how do you pave the roads ?

You staunch support of israel is definitly reducing your IQ....

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Oh, so if I surround your house and strictly control what and who can come in and out, including what food or medical supplies come in and out, when they come in and out, how much etc, that would be perfectly acceptable to you? That is occupation, pure and simple. If someone did that to you, I would expect that you would lash out at them in whatever way possible.

Now we can go back and forth all day long with the "well, they did this in response to xyz, and xyz was in response to abc" and all that nonsense, but the end result is, the palestinians are oppressed and living in occupation, and israel lives under constant siege because the crazy jihadis around them want to kill their citizens. So bad, and bad. There is no "good and bad" side to this.

brandonb

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2006
All I can say is that if this was 4 Jewish Kids on the Israel side of the border who got gunned down by Hamas. There would be posts all over the place calling for the destruction of something...

How simple people are. (Note: Something like this happened which started this conflict)

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Wich infrastructures since they cant get what they need in concrete, are you silly, and no metals, how do you reinforce the concrete, no asphalt, how do you pave the roads ?
You staunch support of israel is definitly reducing your IQ....
they have all that, the UN builds everything for them. and there is also education, agriculture, industry, healthcare - all those things are not funded by Hamas. well maybe education - they brainwash their kids to hate jews.

Oh, so if I surround your house and strictly control what and who can come in and out, including what food or medical supplies come in and out, when they come in and out, how much etc, that would be perfectly acceptable to you? That is occupation, pure and simple.

Gaza has 3 borders: Israel (from the north to the east), Egypt (south) and the ocean (Israeli territorial waters). it doesn't take a genius to see why 2 borders with israel would be closed, bot what about the Egyptian border? no one talks about the egyptian blockade of Gaza, israel is just an easier target.

All I can say is that if this was 4 Jewish Kids on the Israel side of the border who got gunned down by Hamas. There would be posts all over the place calling for the destruction of something...
but that HAS happened - 3 teens were murdered by 2 Hamas activists a month ago.

Last edited:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

"On May 20, 2010,...Seoul would cut all trade with North Korea as part of measures primarily aimed at striking back at North Korea diplomatically and financially."

Worst analogy ever. North Korea has the ability to level South Korea if they did any shit and they would. Also, the Palestine is split into the West Bank and Gaza strip; they don't even get a contiguous country. Most of Palestine is enclosed and Israel controls their borders and the small tiny part of the west bank that has access to the Ocean. They control all trade that gets in or out. North Korea has control of it's borders/waters.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
I don't trust either side as far as I can throw them. Both contribute to the issues and bear equal responsibility.

That s the easy stance , dont you think so.?

Not that i criticise your neutrality but as for me i m going to a public protest this week end, and it is the first time in my life that i will go support something in a demonstration.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
they have all that, the UN builds everything for them. and there is also education, agriculture, industry, healthcare - all those things are not funded by Hamas. well maybe education - they brainwash their kids to hate jews.

Gaza has 3 borders: Israel (from the north to the east), Egypt (south) and the ocean (Israeli territorial waters). it doesn't take a genius to see why 2 borders with israel would be closed, bot what about the Egyptian border? no one talks about the egyptian blockade of Gaza, israel is just an easier target.

but that HAS happened - 3 teens were murdered by 2 Hamas activists a month ago.

Rather than branding them brainwashed, wich is an insult, answer my previously posted question that i adressed you , do you support this policy? :

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Worst analogy ever. North Korea has the ability to level South Korea if they did any shit and they would. Also, the Palestine is split into the West Bank and Gaza strip; they don't even get a contiguous country. Most of Palestine is enclosed and Israel controls their borders and the small tiny part of the west bank that has access to the Ocean. They control all trade that gets in or out. North Korea has control of it's borders/waters.
it's not an analogy, it was to show that his logic was broken. obviously S.Korea does not oppress N.Korea.
west bank has no access to ocean...it's called the west bank becase it's on the west of the Jordan river.
and lastly, Palestine is not a country ;)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
key words in your quote: "addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing".
those people aren't in power in Israel. just like the religious right isn't calling the shots in the USA.

i don't have any qualms with the Palestinian people, only their terrorist leadership in Gaza.
i even doubt Ismail Hanniya is in gaza at the moment, and wisely so, if he shows is head in broad daylight he would get a drone missile to the head before he could say "allah akhbar".

i have never seen you condemn their actions, only attack israel, are you a terrorist sympathizer?

Not in charge, no.
But I am of the opinion the main reason we're involved with Israel is to help our politicians court the Jewish vote in America.

Theres tons of religious massacring all over the world. Why the hell have we been so friendly to one small country in the middle-east (that doesnt have oil)?

I suspect the situation over there is the same. Governments might not be officially controlled by religion, but the politicians can certainly be more concerned with the church than they are the state.