Netanyahu: No Palestinian State If I’m Re-Elected

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
America is with Israel cause America fights terrorism, and Palestine is full of Terrorists:
you want to know what is a terrorist? a terrorist is a bunch of sick people that fight but hide between Innocent people and children,so they can attack people and not to be attacked,we call that cowards, bloody cowards,
like people that drug young children,wash their brains and send them as bombs to kill innocent people,they never get to the people that they think that cause harm to them, like Bush and others they kill at random, people that have no fault, what a bunch of losers.

That's trite. Who gets to define what a terrorist is? It's all about perspective my friend.

As Bruce Hoffman has noted: "terrorism is a pejorative term. It is a word with intrinsically negative connotations that is generally applied to one's enemies and opponents, or to those with whom one disagrees and would otherwise prefer to ignore. (...) Hence the decision to call someone or label some organization 'terrorist' becomes almost unavoidably subjective, depending largely on whether one sympathizes with or opposes the person/group/cause concerned. If one identifies with the victim of the violence, for example, then the act is terrorism. If, however, one identifies with the perpetrator, the violent act is regarded in a more sympathetic, if not positive (or, at the worst, an ambivalent) light; and it is not terrorism."[3] For this and for political reasons, many news sources (such as Reuters) avoid using this term, opting instead for less accusatory words like "bombers", "militants", etc.[9][10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_terrorism

Last edited:

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
I'd say the innocent women and children who get turned into hamburger get to define what a terrorist is.

So whose innocent women and children get to define it? In the last incident ~500 Palestinian children died and only 1 Israeli child did. Does that mean that Israeli's are greater terrorists than the Palestinians?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Israel has about the same amount of terrorist as any other terrorist orgs. I say let them deal with their own shit.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
So whose innocent women and children get to define it? In the last incident ~500 Palestinian children died and only 1 Israeli child did. Does that mean that Israeli's are greater terrorists than the Palestinians?

That is the first I have heard of that. Do you have a link?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
That is the first I have heard of that. Do you have a link?

But you never answered my question. If the numbers are true does that make Israelis greater terrorists than the Palestinians since the amount of dead children define who the terrorists are per your last post?

Reports of casualties in the conflict have been made available by a variety of sources. Most media accounts have used figures provided by the government in Gaza or non-governmental organizations.[289]
Current reports of the proportion of those killed who were civilians/militants are incomplete, and real-time errors, intentional data manipulation, and diverse methodologies produce notable variations in various sides' figures.[290][291][292] For example, the Hamas-run Interior Ministry has issued instructions for activists to always refer to casualties as "innocent civilians" or "innocent citizens" in internet posts.[293][294] However, B'Tselem has stated that after the various groups finish their investigations, their figures are likely to end up about the same.[65] UNICEF and the Gaza Health Ministry reported that from 8 July to 2 August, 296–315 Palestinian children died due to Israeli action, and 30% of civilian casualties were children;[295][296] by 27 August, the total number of children killed had risen to 495[21]–578,[41] according to OCHA and the Gaza Health Ministry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Israel–Gaza_conflict#Casualties_and_losses

Nov 25, 2013
So Israel is launching rockets and mortars at itself?

You really are a moron.

Are the PA Hamas? Is the West Bank Gaza? You might want to take the time to understand what has been said in the post that you are answering before you actually answer it.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Will be interesting to see how America responds if Israel continues along their current path, and eventually resorts to genocide or other forms of ethnic cleansing to deal with their ever growing Arab minority. Israel's apologists will be twisting themselves in knots trying to justify it.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
But you never answered my question. If the numbers are true does that make Israelis greater terrorists than the Palestinians since the amount of dead children define who the terrorists are per your last post?

Thanks for that. I tried looking it up but only found nutter websites.

No, it does not make Israel terrorists. There is a large difference between defending yourself and being a terrorist.

Omar F1

Sep 29, 2009
Well, there never been a plan for a Palestinian state in the first place, and there would never be, with or without Netanyahu. At least not with the continuous acquisition of tens of thousands of land each and every year, I give those guys credit for such a very slow but smart ongoing operation.

Personally, I only acknowledge the 2nd Intifada/revolt back in 2000 as the last and real confrontation between the Palestinians and Israelis. The result? we lost more land, security became much tighter, and we even lost Arafat. I don't think of any reason why he was killed except that he let that Intifada happen in the first place and didn't contain it from his side. (pro-Gaza marches were attacked in Western bank by the Palestinian Authorities themselves, during last Gaza aggression in 2014)

Are the PA Hamas? Is the West Bank Gaza? You might want to take the time to understand what has been said in the post that you are answering before you actually answer it.
Actually, it's a fact that neither the Palestinian Authority nor Hamas do represent the Palestinians, and it's not for Israel's interest to lose either parties.

Also for those who still believe that Iran/Hezbollah is truly against Israel, I'd like to ask what did Iran provide to Hamas through all the years beside some AK-47 junk and a few missiles - which rarely hit a random target in Israel's yard.
Creating the boogeyman is a known strategy which became an old and silly trick that isn't working anymore, and it's about to get exposed publicly for everyone.

In short, the smallest yet the smartest nation in the world :)

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Thanks for that. I tried looking it up but only found nutter websites.

No, it does not make Israel terrorists. There is a large difference between defending yourself and being a terrorist.
Well, you seemed to have changed your definition pretty quickly. How remarkable.

So, it's not terrorism if I'm defending myself? Hmmm... so, who gets to define who's "defending themselves"?

Also what is this definition of terrorism that you prescribe to? It's seems to be amorphous, like something that you know because it feels right to you? It sounds like your use of the word Racism.

But unlike Racism which is actually defined, I find the term terrorism a generally useless term except as a tool for propaganda.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Well, you seemed to have changed your definition pretty quickly. How remarkable.

So, it's not terrorism if I'm defending myself? Hmmm... so, who gets to define who's "defending themselves"?

Also what is this definition of terrorism that you prescribe to? It's seems to be amorphous, like something that you know because it feels right to you? It sounds like your use of the word Racism.

But unlike Racism which is actually defined, I find the term terrorism a generally useless term except as a tool for propaganda.

My definition is clear cut but I will admit that it may not be correct:

Targeting civilians in order to instill fear in the population.

By my definition England in WW2 committed terrorism. And I agree with that.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
the israelis invaded, took over, booted out the original inhabitants... now those original inhabitants are 'the enemy' because they want to be able to not have their homes bulldozed and their children shot and bombed. typical israeli shill logic
-snip-

When was this?

And who were the original inhabitants?

TIA

Fern

FrankRamiro

Sep 5, 2012

Look here bro,if your neighbor throws a bomb into your house, kills all your family, you survive, what would you do? you stay put and just watch,or if you have a weapon at your disposal! won't you retaliate,would you care if there was any children in there? the world if full of naive people,there are people that just talk and talk crap morals till things happen to them, we call that cheap morals.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
"Will be interesting to see how America responds if Israel continues along their current path, and eventually resorts to genocide or other forms of ethnic cleansing to deal with their ever growing Arab minority. Israel's apologists will be twisting themselves in knots trying to justify it."

Netanyahu knows Obama is a treacherous snake in the grass - and he knows a portion of US population is dead from the neck up. He used his speech to confirm he understands most American people are on side of Israel (despite media slant to the contrary) and that with Obama playing on side of enemies Israel will not only be willing to act alone but will be planning on it.

The shame of it is that many Iranians are better than a lot of Americans. When the nutjobs stole the election in 2009 millions took to the streets - where they were beat, shot, imprisoned etc. I remember the week photos of Neda after being shot were on same page as Obama eating ice cream. He said "America can't interfere with another country" while he was working under the table to depose Mubarak.

A lot of people could have been spared what's coming if American people weren't so degenerated to elect an obvious sketchy character with racists and anti-American/Israel radicals all around him throughout his life. Obama hates Bibi now because Bibi exposed him and fenced him in. Unfortunately he's still able to whip up WW3 while kicking up domestic violence at the same time. The Obama chapter of US history will be its most blotted. Not even Loyalists or Confederates betrayed their own while teaching their kids to be weirdos. I can understand being fooled voting Obama once but twice is a scandal. Of course GOP leaders share in blame for being such jellyfish.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
maybe 'invaded' is the wrong word but the israelis who won the 48' war were not there, for the most part, 20 years before. they immigrated in huge waves following the 'zionist' movement which advocated taking the land from its rightful owners. that may not be invasion technically, but it is invasion practically

By taking you meant buying, right? Zionist immigrants bought unoccupied desert from sparsely populated localities. Their success at agriculture improved the economy so more locals who started moving in to the surrounding areas which were becoming prosperous. The fighting did not start until later.

You are either a highly ignorant person whom blindly believes all the propaganda you hear, or you are a propagandist yourself.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
"Will be interesting to see how America responds if Israel continues along their current path, and eventually resorts to genocide or other forms of ethnic cleansing to deal with their ever growing Arab minority. Israel's apologists will be twisting themselves in knots trying to justify it."

Netanyahu knows Obama is a treacherous snake in the grass - and he knows a portion of US population is dead from the neck up. He used his speech to confirm he understands most American people are on side of Israel (despite media slant to the contrary) and that with Obama playing on side of enemies Israel will not only be willing to act alone but will be planning on it.

The shame of it is that many Iranians are better than a lot of Americans. When the nutjobs stole the election in 2009 millions took to the streets - where they were beat, shot, imprisoned etc. I remember the week photos of Neda after being shot were on same page as Obama eating ice cream. He said "America can't interfere with another country" while he was working under the table to depose Mubarak.

A lot of people could have been spared what's coming if American people weren't so degenerated to elect an obvious sketchy character with racists and anti-American/Israel radicals all around him throughout his life. Obama hates Bibi now because Bibi exposed him and fenced him in. Unfortunately he's still able to whip up WW3 while kicking up domestic violence at the same time. The Obama chapter of US history will be its most blotted. Not even Loyalists or Confederates betrayed their own while teaching their kids to be weirdos. I can understand being fooled voting Obama once but twice is a scandal. Of course GOP leaders share in blame for being such jellyfish.

Just slither back to Stormwatch, mmmkay?

FrankRamiro

Sep 5, 2012
Palestinians don't want piece; what they want is war,like most Arabians all they know is war,war here war there ,it's in their veins,Arabians always fought each other for the heck of it,long time ago Europeans had to just run Arabians out of Europe cause all they wanted was to cause trouble,they never wanted to accept any other religion than theirs,and Arabians never had democracy, Arabian always tried to impose their religion, if you did not adhere to it, they just kill you, and still do it in 21 century,Most Counties in Meddle East live by the sword,they don't like the way the rest of the world lives.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I wonder if Obama will congratulate Netanyahu. I'll actually be surprised if he does.

I imagine he will wait awhile until it's obvious that he's giving him a middle finger and then do it. I mean in Netanyahu's case you reap what you sow, no?