Netanyahu: No Palestinian State If I’m Re-Elected

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Looks like Bibi played the Republicans for suckers.

!

Can't let Putin and The Kochs have all the fun now can he?

Speaking of playing people, King Bibi's attempt to con voters into thinking he's an unpretentious humble man not given to excess and luxury was pretty ballsy, not to mention a pretty good example of how dishonest and manipulative he is.

Address of Congress meant to scuttle talks aside, it takes some chutzpah to give a tour of your poorly-treated servants disgusting living quarters in order to pass it off as your own, before being asked to explain grossly exorbitant expenses being passed along to Israeli/American tax payers.

If Israel is a friend to the US, they can show it by doing both of us a favor and ditching this asshole. While I'm wishing, it would be nice for Israel to stop spying on and stealing secrets from it's supposedly most valuable ally. If Israel won't re-align the relationship to more respectable norms, than America will - regardless of what our domestic crowd of Israel First idiots think. I think if you feel more affinity to Bibi's concerns than those of Obama and this country, fine, you probably have your reasons, just stop being such worthless posers, go talk to El Al and by all means don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I'd like to see Herzog restore some sane balance and respectability to relations, definitely. We sure as hell won't be seeing that with a yahoo in office, that's for sure.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Here is the honest answer:

Israel came into being because millions of Jews were hunted and murdered. Not just in Germany, not solely because of Hitler. They were granted a place to be safe and secure. As soon as Israel existed, it was attacked my the nations around it. Not just a couple of rockets and kids firing mortars, it was invaded. They kicked ass and ever since their neighbors have only wanted them destroyed.

The US is an ally of Israel because its the right thing to do. Israel has a right to exist and the only reason other countries don't want it to exist is hate. Keeping out of it would mean millions of Jews being hunted and murdered again.

The better question to ask is why do we expect Israel to negotiate with terrorists who openly seek to destroy her? The US does not do that. No other country does that.

The US is an ally of Israel because it is strategically convenient. Specifically, Israel was initially most closely aligned with the Soviet Union, but that changed in the 1950's.

Plenty of countries negotiate with other countries or entities that seek to destroy them. The Soviet Union openly stated its goal was the destruction of the western capitalist system and we negotiated with them all the time.

More importantly though, the Palestinian Authority long ago abandoned that as a platform and Israel has continued not to negotiate in good faith with them. In fact, they've been used as the whipping boy for Hamas's actions in Gaza. ie: Hamas launches rockets, Israel builds more illegal settlements in PA territory. It's pretty transparent.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
And this is news,.. because?

It's a given - no one cares about the Palestinians. I don't even care about the Palestinians. Their fellow Muslims and Arabs don't care about the Palestinians.

Muslims/Arabs use the Palestinians to have an excuse for criticizing Israel. Extremist Muslims (who are killers) use the Palestinians to 'justify' their murder and assault of Israelis.

My issue is that I don't like my tax money being used by a nation that has NO interests in our own well being (they even killed a few of us to cover up their assault on Arab lands in the 60s; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident).

They have manipulated our government.

They have been directly involved in derailing negotiations with other nations.

We are being used. And yet, conservatives gleefully lower their necks to have a collar placed on them by Bibi and the like.

And, it is certainly not just Israel - other nations like Pakistan are bad - but, Israel seems to take pride in not only pulling our strings, but being pretty blatant and unapologetic about it. Even so much as labeling anyone who disagrees with their tactics as racist.

If the Israelis want to piss off Arabs, bulldoze over children and 'defend' itself - let them, I honestly don't care. But, don't use my money to conduct your war,... and it's pretty shameful that conservative leadership allows itself to be manipulated like this.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The US is an ally of Israel because it is strategically convenient. Specifically, Israel was initially most closely aligned with the Soviet Union, but that changed in the 1950's.

Plenty of countries negotiate with other countries or entities that seek to destroy them. The Soviet Union openly stated its goal was the destruction of the western capitalist system and we negotiated with them all the time.

More importantly though, the Palestinian Authority long ago abandoned that as a platform and Israel has continued not to negotiate in good faith with them. In fact, they've been used as the whipping boy for Hamas's actions in Gaza. ie: Hamas launches rockets, Israel builds more illegal settlements in PA territory. It's pretty transparent.

We negotiated with the Soviets when they brought missiles into Cuba.

Maybe bad idea to let some wet behind the ears Senator run GOP foreign policy

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
We negotiated with the Soviets when they brought missiles into Cuba.

Maybe bad idea to let some wet behind the ears Senator run GOP foreign policy

Were they launching missiles and blowing up buses with out civilians on them? Did they send suicide bombers into our markets to blow up women and children?

Your straw man is weak as usual.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
And this is news,.. because?

It's a given - no one cares about the Palestinians. I don't even care about the Palestinians. Their fellow Muslims and Arabs don't care about the Palestinians.

Muslims/Arabs use the Palestinians to have an excuse for criticizing Israel. Extremist Muslims (who are killers) use the Palestinians to 'justify' their murder and assault of Israelis.

My issue is that I don't like my tax money being used by a nation that has NO interests in our own well being (they even killed a few of us to cover up their assault on Arab lands in the 60s; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident).

They have manipulated our government.

They have been directly involved in derailing negotiations with other nations.

We are being used. And yet, conservatives gleefully lower their necks to have a collar placed on them by Bibi and the like.

And, it is certainly not just Israel - other nations like Pakistan are bad - but, Israel seems to take pride in not only pulling our strings, but being pretty blatant and unapologetic about it. Even so much as labeling anyone who disagrees with their tactics as racist.

If the Israelis want to piss off Arabs, bulldoze over children and 'defend' itself - let them, I honestly don't care. But, don't use my money to conduct your war,... and it's pretty shameful that conservative leadership allows itself to be manipulated like this.

That seems quite hateful. Does this sound familiar

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --
But even if you don't care about that, our support of Israel (who doesn't seem to care to find a resolution for that crisis) and the associated instability in that region does draw us into conflicts where we lose precious Blood and treasure.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
This is like a disease like protecting germs from chlorine bleach.

Just look at the west bank how it gets infested just like a virus.

Agent Smith was correct.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Were they launching missiles and blowing up buses with out civilians on them? Did they send suicide bombers into our markets to blow up women and children?

How many children and women and markets has Israel destroyed in all the Palestinian wars? In fact what has been the casualties on each side?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

I guess the Soviets were bringing in missiles just to use for lawn ornaments.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
I don't think Israel exists as a non-Jewish state.

True Torah jews know that Israel is to be a Religious state first and they do not even want to be political in nature but it is the likudnics/kahanae/zionists/neocons/evangelicals who want this to be an atheist state to be like the United States and neuter the religions away from the govt.

Rabbi's know this to be wrong thus is why True Torah jews want Bibi and other zionists out of the govt.

TRUE TORAH JEWS are the correct jews.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
I guess the Soviets were bringing in missiles just to use for lawn ornaments.

Were those lawn ornaments launched against the US civilian population locations?

Did the Russians and/or Cubans walk into shopping centers/bus stations and trigger explosives.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
How many children and women and markets has Israel destroyed in all the Palestinian wars? In fact what has been the casualties on each side?

How many school buses full of children have the Israelis struck with missiles.
How many shopping malls, bus stations has Israel targeted.

As long as the PA aligns with Hamas; the Palestinians will not be interested in peace.

And Israel is under no obligation to turn the other cheek.

I disapprove of the settlement expansion; but the Palestinians also have shown that land for peace does not work for them. It worked for Egypt.

When you have nothing and are offered 95% of something; rejecting it because it is not 100% leaves you with nothing.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

As long as the PA aligns with Hamas; the Palestinians will not be interested in peace.

I disapprove of the settlement expansion; but the Palestinians also have shown that land for peace does not work for them. It worked for Egypt.

When you have nothing and are offered 95% of something; rejecting it because it is not 100% leaves you with nothing.

You probably don't want to go there. By any reasonable measure Israel has killed far more Palestinian children than Palestinians have killed Israeli children.

Netanyahu came right out and admitted the other day that as far back as 1997 he was deliberately acting to sabotage a viable Palestinian state.

The PA has refrained from violence for years and what do they have to show for it? Nothing but more settlements.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
You probably don't want to go there. By any reasonable measure Israel has killed far more Palestinian children than Palestinians have killed Israeli children.

Netanyahu came right out and admitted the other day that as far back as 1997 he was deliberately acting to sabotage a viable Palestinian state.

The PA has refrained from violence for years and what do they have to show for it? Nothing but more settlements.

So Israel is launching rockets and mortars at itself?

You really are a moron.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

You might do well to look at the casualty reports just from the last war. I have a disdain for the killing of civilians. But just because one nation does it with advanced missiles doesn't make any difference when there are alternatives to needless war.

It's not land for peace. It's self-governance for peace.

Israel to hold back NIS 450 million in tax revenues to PA

Israel will withhold NIS 450 million in tax revenues that were to be transferred to the Palestinian Authority and use the money to offset debts to Israel, Israel’s finance minister said Sunday.
The move will likely be seen as a punitive measure against the Palestinians for their successful bid Thursday to upgrade their status at the United Nations to nonmember observer state.

Read more: Israel to hold back NIS 450 million in tax revenues to PA | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...-million-in-tax-revenues-to-pa/#ixzz3UeliTjZQ
What people would be ok having their own land but not even be able to collect or use their own tax money?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
So Israel is launching rockets and mortars at itself?

You really are a moron.

Rockets launched into Israel come from Gaza, which is controlled by Hamas, not the West Bank, which is controlled by the PA. There has never been a rocket fired into Israel from the West Bank. Ever. As far as my knowledge goes there has been exactly one rocket ever fired from the West Bank in total and it landed within the West Bank. Additionally, the PA has actively arrested people attempting to conduct rocket attacks.

As I said before, you're aggressively ignorant and stupid.

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
You might do well to look at the casualty reports just from the last war. I have a disdain for the killing of civilians. But just because one nation does it with advanced missiles doesn't make any difference when there are alternatives to needless war.

It's not land for peace. It's self-governance for peace.

What people would be ok having their own land but not even be able to collect or use their own tax money?
It sure seemed that Hamas brought the wrath upon themselves; lobbing rockets by the hundreds against Israel; breaking international rules of lay by firing from civilian locations. Hiding among civilians for protection; hoping that Israel will give them a pass.

Everytime Israel gives them a pass; Hamas takes advantage of such.
Hamas wants a state of war with Israel; just like Hezbollah does.

Tunneling into another country becomes an act of war; a country has the right to react.

Launching munitions into another country; the country has a right/obligation to react to defend itself.

One could play tit for tat and state the Hamas was defending itself from Israel; how far back should one play that game.

Peace treaties are being broken when they are made with Israel; but those in charge pass the blame onto others; even though the other groups within Gaza and the West Bank operate with the full approval/support/acceptance of the leadership.

Israel goes after those that killed Palestinians on the West Bank; Hamas and Fatah praise those that killed the teenagers that triggered the recent conflict.
when Israel went after those that were responsible; Hamas then increased the frequency of rocket launches to the point that Israel responded.

Hamas brought the causalities upon the people of Gaza. They prolonged the conflict and obtained nothing from it beyond that what was originally offered by Israel.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Were those lawn ornaments launched against the US civilian population locations?

Did the Russians and/or Cubans walk into shopping centers/bus stations and trigger explosives.

None because we did 2 things before they could launch.

Imposed blockade.

Negotiated with Khrushchev for an end to the conflict.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
None because we did 2 things before they could launch.

Imposed blockade.

Negotiated with Khrushchev for an end to the conflict.

Should we have negotiated with them after they blew up a few cities? What about the cartels in Mexico? Should we offer them free passage and immunity if they promise nicely to not shoot any more people and then ignore when they do kill more?

Your straw man failed. Admit it and move on.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014

It was even mentioned and confirmed that Israel created Hamas to offset some other issues back in the 1970's I think. It was around before Sadat was killed.

inachu

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2014
Richard Pearle
1-3660-4b145-2-6413e.jpg
-
What we are doing to the Palestinians is no different from what America has done to its Indians.
Palestinians are our Indians.

He got a lot of flack for speaking like that.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There has never been a rocket fired into Israel from the West Bank. Ever. As far as my knowledge goes there has been exactly one rocket ever fired from the West Bank in total and it landed within the West Bank. Additionally, the PA has actively arrested people attempting to conduct rocket attacks.

As I said before, you're aggressively ignorant and stupid.
actually your proving your are ignorance and stupidity --
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_yl...le=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&ilc=1&fr=yfp-t-901&fp=1

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006