ICE Arrests 680+ Illegal Workers in Mississippi Food Processing Raid

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Kids showing up at home and crying in the street with no one to take care of them because Mississippi doesn't have the human services budget to intake thousands of kids in one day. And ICE definitely dgaf. They did it on the first day of school to maximize the pain.

I'll bet the look on their little faces was just priceless, huh? It's a great way to terrorize the rest of the fucking illegals in this country. If they want their American citizen kids back, they can send for 'em from whatever shithole country they came from. Make 'em pay to do it, too.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Mar 11, 2004
Its nice the OP decided to take a break from defending racism on the Chans (gee, I wonder why I haven't seen him posting about any of that? Surely it couldn't be because he's continually claimed it isn't even real and isn't a problem, maybe like a couple of days before one of them posts a racist manifesto on one before trying to murder as many hispanic people as he can...) so he could show how glad he is to fuck some other brown people over.

Nov 25, 2013
This is sweet:

"Mississippi’s department of child protection services said no children from the raids were in its custody. Lea Anne Brandon, an agency spokeswoman, told the New York Times: “We have no idea what the number of children is, or where they are."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/08/mississippi-ice-raids-children-video

And this:

Children of undocumented immigrants arrested in Mississippi rely on strangers for food and shelter

"Following a massive undocumented immigration enforcement operation resulting in more than 650 arrests, many children of those taken into custody were left temporarily homeless.

Community leaders in Forest, Mississippi brought the children to a community gym to provide care and comfort. 12 News reporter Alex Love was granted permission to talk to community leaders and the children.

Children relied on neighbors and strangers to pick them up outside their homes after school. They drove the children to a community center where people tried to keep them calm. But many kids could not stop crying for mom and dad."

https://www.wjtv.com/news/children-...sippi-rely-on-strangers-for-food-and-shelter/

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
The bottom line is that the people who manage ICE and work as ICE Agents are all heartless fucktards!! In fact one of the questions it asks before you become an ICE Agent is - Are you capable of being a FuckTard??

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Hope you fat asses shoveling chicken nuggets into you mouth this factory produced are pleased with yourselves.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Uhhhh my understanding is hiring illegal workers does produce a hefty fine - and it's by headcount.

Get back to me when you see some fines. Don't worry, you won't have to get back to me because conservative donors don't get fined, they just contribute to their local reps, toss the Prez a quid or two and it's all good.

Meanwhile, everyone else pays the price.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Let's not forget the American citizen that was tased, handcuffed and dragged to the detention center with the rest of the 600+ arrested, simply because he was brown. He tried to explain he was a citizen, but you know ICE, no proof is ever enough as they deport citizens simply because ICE cannot believe anything a POC tells them.....they're all liars, don't you know.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I have a friend that works for Tyson Foods. Tyson has most of the worst jobs in America.
And believe me... NO ONE, NO AMERICAN wants to work those jobs.
You take a cow, kill it, then basically rip the guts out of it from head to toe.
It is messy, nasty, filthy, smelly work.
Americans are not willing to do those jobs, but Hispanics will.
This is going to backfire BIG TIME, i.e. the raids.
Companies will be left with NO WORKERS and those that remain will be worked to death with overtime.
Business will suffer, stores will suffer when product isn't available, and just as with the fast food industry business will be hurting for workers.
This is sooooooo insane AND MORE SO, sooooo Donald Trump ignorance.

The smart way would be to work something out so these ""WORKING"" people can stay working and remain in America, and better yet give them citizenship.
Then.... business will have their workers, stores will have their shelves stocked, people will have jobs, and those Americans unwilling to do the jobs can go find employment in some more desirable area.
Oh say like RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.
All one needs is some orange makeup, the love for KFC, and an asshole in place of the mouth.
Brains not necessary....

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This.

And one thing I want to stress that I hate is the bullshit narrative of "Americans wouldn't do that work anyway!" - It's a bullshit line from bullshit people that are basically being mind-controlled from corporations that are grinning at your stupidity and lining their pockets with money from you.

The fact is the market determines the rates for these jobs. If people won't do them, then they need to increase the pay for it. But if you can extort hundreds of illegals that are desperate for anything - it's easy to see why they did that, it's chrony capitalism at its finest. Shitheads that want to undercut and not play by the rules and pay below what a job is worth.

No, after increasing the pay it won't make meat prices so insane that a chicken breast costs $20/lb. It would be a matter of cents and you wouldn't notice a damn difference.
It may be that the company will raise wages enough to get suitably skilled US workers to do it. It may be that the work would be taken over by a company over the border that can avoid paying the higher wages.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I have a friend that works for Tyson Foods. Tyson has most of the worst jobs in America.
And believe me... NO ONE, NO AMERICAN wants to work those jobs.
You take a cow, kill it, then basically rip the guts out of it from head to toe.
It is messy, nasty, filthy, smelly work.
Americans are not willing to do those jobs, but Hispanics will.
This is going to backfire BIG TIME, i.e. the raids.
Companies will be left with NO WORKERS and those that remain will be worked to death with overtime.
Business will suffer, stores will suffer when product isn't available, and just as with the fast food industry business will be hurting for workers.
This is sooooooo insane AND MORE SO, sooooo Donald Trump ignorance.

The smart way would be to work something out so these ""WORKING"" people can stay working and remain in America, and better yet give them citizenship.
Then.... business will have their workers, stores will have their shelves stocked, people will have jobs, and those Americans unwilling to do the jobs can go find employment in some more desirable area.
Oh say like RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.
All one needs is some orange makeup, the love for KFC, and an asshole in place of the mouth.
Brains not necessary....
The only reason Americans won’t do these jobs is because of the pay and benefits. At some point, we decided it made sense for our society to shift to a steady diet of processed fried meat sludge out of “convenience”, with a reliance on cheap exploitable labor to keep the prices down.

I preferred the version of America where my grandmother took me to the local butcher, who didn’t seem to have a problem employing people.

Reactions: senseamp

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
The only reason Americans won’t do these jobs is because of the pay and benefits. At some point, we decided it made sense for our society to shift to a steady diet of processed fried meat sludge out of “convenience”, with a reliance on cheap exploitable labor to keep the prices down.

I preferred the version of America where my grandmother took me to the local butcher, who didn’t seem to have a problem employing people.

That shipped has sailed. Capitalism didn't support it.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

The version of America that you saw through rose colored glasses of childhood.