Why do we hate Putin again?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Other countries have been in control their areas for years. Sure, other countries bickering among themselves but commie china was the ONLY one that used deadly force to invade and lies to take those areas from smaller neighbors. Commie china never had any historical control of anything in SCS (the 9 dash line), that's why commie china declined to participate in the UN/World Court because it knew all along that it would lose the case and sure enough, it did lose badly.

Those are facts and they are recent (the UN/World Court decision against commie china was just a few months ago).

One more thing, do you know why china would not dare to pull a stunt in SCS (for now) as Russia in Europe? Because of the US Navy/military might...ie The 7th Fleet right next door. Plus Japan has one of the strongest military force (quality speaking) in Asia. Not as easy for china to push Japan and S. Korea around as Russia did against Ukraine.

No great surprise the village idiot wasn't told to parrot that the US also doesn't accept ICJ jurisdiction.

He personally brainwashed swing state/rust belt voters using Psy-Ops and made them vote for Trump

Must be a coincidence your peers see Putin as one of their own. That's why for example any evidence of russia even directly hacking the vote for trump would be wholly counterproductive, because the more it's indisputable he's acting to benefit the trump/gop side the more reason they have to defend him to the death. That's just how traditional/conservative loyalty works; a fact that an KGB intel officer would be wise to. Honestly you or that brain buddy above don't look to present much of a barrier to manipulation.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
So I watched some of that Frontline documentary.

And it is just a bunch of smoke. There likely is corruption going on...but corruption goes on everywhere, and in any event, corruption is an internal Russian matter.

The only way that this is relevant is if Putin is doing a whole series of "wag the dog" to stay in power. But that, again, denies that Russia has legit national interests and requires that these disputes are contrivances by Putin to create distracting dramas. Unlikely.

In contrast, China likely is using the SCS dispute as a nationalist drama to distract people from internal problems. You have to look objectively at the threat posed by a Ukraine in NATO to Russia (high) versus a South China Sea under international law (negligible).

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
No great surprise the village idiot wasn't told to parrot that the US also doesn't accept ICJ jurisdiction.

Do tell us when was the last time the US claimed 90% of any international body of water? Learn some history facts, fool.

Dear the readers, let see who is the village idiot, shall we?

1. https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ople-are-idiots.2494857/page-26#post-38673416

2. https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ople-are-idiots.2494857/page-23#post-38668508

3. This one not even from me, but from another poster - https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ople-are-idiots.2494857/page-23#post-38668170

Actions speak louder than words. Pwnage again x 3!!!!!! Too much mocking, laughing, and more laughing at the pathetic newbie agentfail.

:D

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Dear the readers, let see who is the village idiot, shall we?

1. https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ople-are-idiots.2494857/page-26#post-38673416

2. https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ople-are-idiots.2494857/page-23#post-38668508

3. This one not even from me, but from another poster - https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...ople-are-idiots.2494857/page-23#post-38668170

Actions speak louder than words. Pwnage again x 3!!!!!! Too much mocking, laughing, and more laughing at the pathetic newbie agentfail.

:D

The conservative brain trust is basically a support group for people who've never been accused of smarts.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
Do tell us when was the last time the US claimed 90% of any international body of water? Learn some history facts, fool.

Guess who claims almost all of the Arctic Ocean?

Something quite notably larger than the South China Sea. Just a wee bit larger.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
LOL at you not knowing shit about what is going on in the world.

No, Russia has been pulling far worse shit than China has been.

Last I checked, China hasnt invaded any official territory of other countries yet.

Aksai Chin / Tibet?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Guess who claims almost all of the Arctic Ocean?

Something quite notably larger than the South China Sea. Just a wee bit larger.

Ain't the US. I don't see any 9 or 10 or 11 or whatever dash in Arctic Ocean as commie china is doing in SCS, do you?

Here is what I found - https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/ibru/resources/Arcticmap04-08-15.pdf

My point still stands. No one is ramming other nations ships as commie china has a bad habit of doing. No one is capturing poor and unarmed fishermen and then demanding ransom money disguised as "fines" as china is doing like lowlife thieves/pirates.

Exhibit 1:

Glaser, who headed up the report on China's coast guard, compiled 45 incidents in the South China Sea and found China's coast guard involvement in two thirds of them.

But according to Glaser, "what we have been able to compile is just a fraction of the number of incidents in the South China Sea," where China's larger ships have repeatedly rammed, harassed, and used water cannons on fishing vessels from the Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, and others.

"In my conversations in the Philippines — Chinese ramming of other ships is considered to be part of their acceptable rules of engagement. That’s just what they do," said Glaser

http://www.businessinsider.com/china-formed-second-navy-south-china-sea-2016-9

You dig?

Last edited:

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
Aksai Chin / Tibet?

Kashmir is also a very disputed part of the world, but no, China didnt invade there. Pakistan literally gave the land they control over to China. Honestly I just think Kashmir should be its own independent country.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Why dont you take a crack and guess who it is?

From the link I posted above (#107), it ain't Russia either, not 90% from what I can see from that link. Feel free to post your own link to support your statement of 90% of Arctic Ocean.

And I did not see the Russians used their ships to ram anyone at Arctic Ocean as commie china did multiple times in SCS.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
From the link I posted above (#107), it ain't Russia either, not 90% from what I can see from that link. Feel free to post your own link to support your statement of 90% of Arctic Ocean.

And I did not see the Russians used their ships to ram anyone at Arctic Ocean as commie china did multiple times in SCS.

China probably doesnt claim a full 90% of the South China Sea either.

But they are claiming the vast majority of international waters in the Arctic Ocean despite them not having any valid claim to them, and the fact these are waters that are well used by international scientists, and might very well be used by international shipping in the future when the potential summer shipping routes start to clear up.

Do you think Russia has a right to take over most of an Ocean and mess around with other countries scientists and shipping, but that China doesnt have the right to do the same?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
China probably doesnt claim a full 90% of the South China Sea either.

But they are claiming the vast majority of international waters in the Arctic Ocean despite them not having any valid claim to them, and the fact these are waters that are well used by international scientists, and might very well be used by international shipping in the future when the potential summer shipping routes start to clear up.

Do you think Russia has a right to take over most of an Ocean and mess around with other countries scientists and shipping, but that China doesnt have the right to do the same?

All I have so far from you are your words and assertions. No link(s) to support.

I provided several links to support my assertion, you need to do the same.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
The thing is, China's military buildup and South China Sea activities are unnecessary. There hasn't been a change in China's strategic situation since Nixon went there...40 years ago. So the fact that they are undertaking these actions is worrisome. You do realize that China has undertaken a lot of research on weapons that could potentially sink US carriers? Their grand strategic vision is pushing US influence back to Hawaii.

Also, China has a potentially more unstable situation than Russia...due to sheer population levels and high levels of pollution. Russia is fairly depopulated and slated to lose more population. China is still growing, albeit slowly. You know, China has more stringent internet controls than Russia I believe.

Russia has a legitimate beef with NATO expansion IMO. The strategic situation has changed quite a bit for Russia in the past 30 years, and even more in the past ten. You know there are now German troops rotating in and out of the Baltic Republics. This is threatening to them, and there looks like a self-fulfilling prophecy going on here where NATO expansion and Russian counter-reaction leads to this vicious cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
Wasn't Joker the good guy? I think the bad guy is the dude in a bat suit, that guy gives me the creeps.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003

I glanced through all of your links (one of them is a blog btw) and there was nothing about:

1. 90% claim of Arctic Ocean from Russia as china is doing in SCS.
2. Russia used deadly force to attack and take over areas from other claimants as china did at Paracel and parts of Spratlys.
3. Russia used lies and intimidation to take over anything from smaller neighbor as china did at Scarbrough Shoal.
4. UN/World Court did not state that Russia did not have any claim on the massive and ridiculous claim of international body of water as china is doing in SCS.
5. Russia used their big ships to ram smaller ships from smaller neighbors as china did multiple times to small fishing wooden boats from poor and unarmed fishermen.

Wanna try again?

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
I glanced through all of your links (one of them is a blog btw) and there was nothing about:

1. 90% claim of Arctic Ocean from Russia as china is doing in SCS.
2. Russia used deadly force to attack and take over areas from other claimants as china did at Paracel and parts of Spratlys.
3. Russia used lies and intimidation to take over anything from smaller neighbor as china did at Scarbrough Shoal.
4. UN/World Court did not state that Russia did not have any claim on the massive and ridiculous claim of international body of water as china is doing in SCS.
5. Russia used their big ships to ram smaller ships from smaller neighbors as china did multiple times to small fishing wooden boats from poor and unarmed fishermen.

Wanna try again?

Im not going to play your game of supporting Russia and hating China. I am full well aware of the repeated mentions that you are racist by some, so I will just take that into consideration, regardless of whether or not I gave a fuck enough to pay attention to whether or not they were legitimate remarks about you. Its clear you are going to focus on the trees and burn down the forest, just to play out your petty partisan bullshit. There are plenty of news reports and articles you can find that talk about Russia and the Arctic, you can choose to bullshit away however you like.

Reactions: Capt Caveman

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Im not going to play your game of supporting Russia and hating China. I am full well aware of the repeated mentions that you are racist by some, so I will just take that into consideration, regardless of whether or not I gave a fuck enough to pay attention to whether or not they were legitimate remarks about you. Its clear you are going to focus on the trees and burn down the forest, just to play out your petty partisan bullshit. There are plenty of news reports and articles you can find that talk about Russia and the Arctic, you can choose to bullshit away however you like.

I posted VALID links to support my statements/assertions about commie china and its behavior toward smaller neighbors and in the SCS. Facts are facts.

You posted links that did NOT support your statements/assertions such as Russia is claiming 90% of the Arctic Ocean and such.

So now you are to pull the "racist" card? Oh and since when stating FACTS with valid links from well know sources = hating? LOL.

Shall I provide a link or two about the definition of "racist" and "hate"?

I make statements and back them up with valid links. I do not care if you or anyone else think it is "racist" or "hating" or whatever. I only care about the FACTS and the TRUTH. Everything else is just noise and empty words with NOTHING to back them up.

I can't help it if fools and idiots can NOT dispute my statements by bringing links from valid sources. Instead, they pull the race card because it is all they have, the escape pill to save face from public shame and humiliation.

Last edited:

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
But why does Trump support Russia and their policies in Syria while wanting to place sanctions back on Iran? If Syria becomes stable will be still support sanctions on Iran against the wishes if Russia?

Yes everything revolves around money but not though a straight line.

You are correct. It's not always in a straight line.

I think once Trump actually comes into office, we may hear a different tune on his stance concerning Russia. But while I am no fan of the man, I do realize that he is reasonably intelligent even if he needs to have his Twitter account taken away from him. For a great power such as Russia, military intervention on the scale of their involvement in Syria is not sustainable. So while Trump may openly support their intervention to help out the Assad regime, in reality it's just another way to drain Russia economic resources. Russia is a tremendous military power in comparison to most countries, but they do not have the economy to sustain military operations in the same way the United States can.

The truth is that the Russian military intervention in Syria is a political gamble to gain legitimacy in Middle East region. If successful, this could pay off politically and economically for Russia for many years to come. But they're up against significant challenges, and are opposing a world superpower who has a military and economy many times their size. Like the United States, Russia has joined the great "let's-herd-cats-race" that is the Middle East, and we'll see if they have the resources to follow it through.

As for Iran, if you really want to understand the US position against them, just read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia–United_States_relations

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
You are correct. It's not always in a straight line.

I think once Trump actually comes into office, we may hear a different tune on his stance concerning Russia. But while I am no fan of the man, I do realize that he is reasonably intelligent even if he needs to have his Twitter account taken away from him. For a great power such as Russia, military intervention on the scale of their involvement in Syria is not sustainable. So while Trump may openly support their intervention to help out the Assad regime, in reality it's just another way to drain Russia economic resources. Russia is a tremendous military power in comparison to most countries, but they do not have the economy to sustain military operations in the same way the United States can.

The truth is that the Russian military intervention in Syria is a political gamble to gain legitimacy in Middle East region. If successful, this could pay off politically and economically for Russia for many years to come. But they're up against significant challenges, and are opposing a world superpower who has a military and economy many times their size. Like the United States, Russia has joined the great "let's-herd-cats-race" that is the Middle East, and we'll see if they have the resources to follow it through.

As for Iran, if you really want to understand the US position against them, just read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia–United_States_relations

In this regard, Obama may be closer to Trump than Clinton. He did not arm Ukraine, preferring instead to give Putin a bad name on the world stage and impose sanctions. Same with Syria. Obama will feign outrage and put in place sanctions to weaken and shame Russia, but he can't out and say that Russia has a valid point here since he would be crucified by the foreign policy community. So he gives lip service through sanctions while effectively tolerating Russia's actions.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I posted VALID links to support my statements/assertions about commie china and its behavior toward smaller neighbors and in the SCS. Facts are facts.

You posted links that did NOT support your statements/assertions such as Russia is claiming 90% of the Arctic Ocean and such.

So now you are to pull the "racist" card? Oh and since when stating FACTS with valid links from well know sources = hating? LOL.

Shall I provide a link or two about the definition of "racist" and "hate"?

I make statements and back them up with valid links. I do not care if you or anyone else think it is "racist" or "hating" or whatever. I only care about the FACTS and the TRUTH. Everything else is just noise and empty words with NOTHING to back them up.

I can't help it if fools and idiots can NOT dispute my statements by bringing links from valid sources. Instead, they pull the race card because it is all they have, the escape pill to save face from public shame and humiliation.

Completely funny how much you hate on them chi-coms for establishing their sphere of influence, or anything really, same as the Russians and Americans. It's like a comically tarded kid's cartoon villain with racial epithets sprinkled all over. You know, the one they write as such a dunning-kruger trope even that audience gets it.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Completely funny how much you hate on them chi-coms for establishing their sphere of influence, or anything really, same as the Russians and Americans. It's like a comically tarded kid's cartoon villain with racial epithets sprinkled all over. You know, the one they write as such a dunning-kruger trope even that audience gets it.

I provided solid links to back up my statements, that's not hate. How about you do the same instead of pulling the race card and yell "hate" for a chance? Keep trolling fool.

Just a reminder - https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/why-do-we-hate-putin-again.2496548/page-5#post-38673830

Last edited: