When do you stop fascism from happening?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Fascists aren't going to debate anything with you unless they fear you.

Its not ultimately about converting the individual fascist. Its great if that happens, but its really about helping those who are looking to build a world view and seek strong arguments. If someone is going to be immune to reason, then argument wont change that person.

So unless your view is that the majority of people are immune to reason, then argument should work best.

Thoughts?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Its not ultimately about converting the individual fascist. Its great if that happens, but its really about helping those who are looking to build a world view and seek strong arguments. If someone is going to be immune to reason, then argument wont change that person.

So unless your view is that the majority of people are immune to reason, then argument should work best.

Thoughts?

Seems obvious people operating on reason aren't inclined to be water boys for confederate sons in the first place.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
That's what the germans did to great effect, in contrast to your american colleagues who discussed their way to segregation. Again pretty obvious why respective sides argue what they do.

Friends to fascists know what they're doing.

Yes, the Germans being fascist employed fascist activities to stop people. They were able to do this because the people sadly supported this.

What does that have to do with my claim that you should argue the merits of freedom liberty which is the opposite to fascism?

As opposed to the segregation of BLM right? Segregation, as it has always been is wrong. Just because a marginalized group employs fascism does not make it right.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Seems obvious people operating on reason aren't inclined to be water boys for confederate sons in the first place.

Can you show me in what post I held water for the confederates? That would be interesting to see where you got that idea from. I understand that you want to believe such things, but I would be interested to see if you can show me where it this thing was actually done.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Can you show me in what post I held water for the confederates? That would be interesting to see where you got that idea from. I understand that you want to believe such things, but I would be interested to see if you can show me where it this thing was actually done.

Eg:

Yes, the Germans being fascist employed fascist activities to stop people. They were able to do this because the people sadly supported this.

What does that have to do with my claim that you should argue the merits of freedom liberty which is the opposite to fascism?

As opposed to the segregation of BLM right? Segregation, as it has always been is wrong. Just because a marginalized group employs fascism does not make it right.

"BLM are the Real racists, and white nationalists are the Real victims" --literally every white nationalist

I'm sure there'll be some seriously stupid liberal coming along to help clutch your pearls as the Real victim.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
"BLM are the Real racists, and white nationalists are the Real victims" --literally every white nationalist

Interesting. So I say that segregation is wrong no matter who does it, and you filter that as being that BLM are the fascists, but not what I actually said which is that anyone who does it is wrong.

Can you show me more times where you misread my statements.

If people employ fascism they are fascists.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Interesting. So I say that segregation is wrong no matter who does it, and you filter that as being that BLM are the fascists, but not what I actually said which is that anyone who does it is wrong.

Can you show me more times where you misread my statements.

If people employ fascism they are fascists.

It's simply a fact that degenerates lie all the time when it's in their self-interest, eg Trump. For example literally every conservative will deny racism etc while openly courting racists by reliably carrying water for them, same as trump.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
It's simply a fact that degenerates lie all the time when it's in their self-interest, eg Trump. For example literally every conservative will deny racism etc while openly courting racists by reliably carrying water for them, same as trump.

What does that have to do with what you just did?

I literally claimed that segregation is always wrong, and you completely misunderstood. Trump is a liar and will do just about anything to win. That has nothing to do with your claim that I carried water for the confederates.

Unless, are you saying that I am arguing against fascism in an attempt to help fascism? If so how would that help?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
What does that have to do with what you just did?

I literally claimed that segregation is always wrong, and you completely misunderstood. Trump is a liar and will do just about anything to win. That has nothing to do with your claim that I carried water for the confederates.

Unless, are you saying that I am arguing against fascism in an attempt to help fascism? If so how would that help?

Typical degenerate playing too dumb to figure out how blaming black people or whatever to divert away from his white nationalist friends helps them.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Typical degenerate playing too dumb to figure out how blaming BLM or whatever to divert away from his friends' racism helps them.

So by saying that those who promote segregation are wrong, I am actually defending those who want segregation.

Interesting.

Do you believe segregation is wrong?

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
So by saying that those who promote segregation are wrong, I am actually defending those who want segregation.

Interesting.

Do you believe segregation is wrong?

Now the degen is playing too dumb to comprehend how degenerates are naturally dishonest.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Now the degen is playing too dumb to comprehend that degenerates are dishonest by definition.

Perhaps you cant understand my question, so I will try it again to see if that helps.

If I am being dishonest and actually support segregation, how does it help promote segregation by saying that segregation is wrong and should not be advocated for? Dishonesty should not matter here because I am not asking you about honesty. I am asking how it could be helpful to those that want something by advocating against them obtaining that something.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Perhaps you cant understand my question, so I will try it again to see if that helps.

If I am being dishonest and actually support segregation, how does it help promote segregation by saying that segregation is wrong and should not be advocated for? Dishonesty should not matter here because I am not asking you about honesty. I am asking how it could be helpful to those that want something by advocating against them obtaining that something.

Pretty obvious water boys for confederate sons can understand what it means to be a water boy for confederate sons. Trump sure does so can't you?

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Pretty obvious water boys for confederate sons can understand what it means to be a water boy for confederate sons. Trump sure does so can't you?

Perhaps you really cant understand the question. One last time.

How would arguing against segregation help those who want segregation?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
A well regulated militia.

I am not a fan of guns, and don't own one myself, but the US Constitution prescribes a method for preserving the security of a free state, and I am sorry to say, it's not discourse. Fascism implies government control of the media and communications, so there won't be a forum for this discourse you are imagining. Graveyards of Europe, South America, etc, are filled with executed intellectuals who thought they could use discourse to win against Fascism and other types of totalitarianism.

Who said anything about using them? A well regulated militia is not about using their guns, it's about changing the calculus of wannabe fascists about using theirs.

You think the Bundy boys are going to save you? Those patriotic Americans who discount and don't acknowledge federal agencies/government will be the same militias who will be protecting trump and enforcing his vision of "democracy".

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Perhaps you really cant understand the question. One last time.

How would arguing against segregation help those who want segregation?

Same as why trump pretends he's nothing of the sort while pandering to the same racists, or why you pretend to trash trump while behaving just like him: because there many liberals & moderates dumb enough to believe it.

It sure is hard to figure out why friends to racists might want to pretend they're nothing of the sort.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Same as why trump pretends he's nothing of the sort while pandering to the same racists, or why you pretend to trash trump while behaving just like him: because there many liberals & moderates dumb enough to believe it.

Trump says one thing and does another. I say I am against segregation, but what actions have you seen? That is why I earlier asked you to show me where I have promoted segregation. Saying segregation is bad and nobody should do it is what you linked to which is confusing. That is how I got to my other question which is to explain how doing that would help.

Your response is that Trump says one thing but does another. So for your logic to hold true, you would need to show me where I have said segregation is bad and then promoted segregation. If you cannot do that, then your stance seems to be ramblings.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
You think the Bundy boys are going to save you? Those patriotic Americans who discount and don't acknowledge federal agencies/government will be the same militias who will be protecting trump and enforcing his vision of "democracy".

Bingo. So then it turns into a civil war of sorts. Not a lot of good happens during those.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Bingo. So then it turns into a civil war of sorts. Not a lot of good happens during those.

My concern and question would be, how many of those "Bundy" types are in the actual military? The fact the Flynn was so high up and has such radical views really concerns the shit out of me.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Trump says one thing and does another. I say I am against segregation, but what actions have you seen? That is why I earlier asked you to show me where I have promoted segregation. Saying segregation is bad and nobody should do it is what you linked to which is confusing. That is how I got to my other question which is to explain how doing that would help.

Your response is that Trump says one thing but does another. So for your logic to hold true, you would need to show me where I have said segregation is bad and then promoted segregation. If you cannot do that, then your stance seems to be ramblings.

Trump will obviously also be "against segregation" for the same reason as you pretend. This sure is impossible to figure out for degens when it's against their self-interest to admit simple reality.

"I'm against segregation, bigly"

"Segregation or whatever my friends want is necessary to avoid another civil war"

Haha, what a transparent piece of shit just like trump.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
My concern and question would be, how many of those "Bundy" types are in the actual military? The fact the Flynn was so high up and has such radical views really concerns the shit out of me.

I would bet its not a majority, but still far too many for me to be happy.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Trump will obviously also be "against segregation" for the same reason as you pretend. This sure is impossible to figure out for degens when it's against their self-interest to admit simple reality.

Except for that logic to follow, I would need to have advocated for segregation. Your stance is that I am actually for segregation, but say that I am not. Trump says he will or wont do something and then ends up not doing or doing that thing. If a person says they are not for something, its the the same as Trump because Trump goes and does the opposite. So unless you have an example of me doing the opposite then your logic does not follow.

"I'm against segregation, bigly"

"Segregation or whatever my friends want is necessary to avoid another civil war"

Haha, what a piece of shit just like trump.

Again, I agree that I have said I am against segregation. Now show me where I have done the second part of your claim where I advocate for segregation to avoid civil war.

I am against war, civil or otherwise if it can be avoided. I have never claimed to want segregation to achieve anything.

You put quotes around your sentence but show me where I have advocated for segregation. You can even show me an example that is not in the context you just framed it in. Literally any time I have advocated for segregation. If you cant, then your claim is false.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Except for that logic to follow, I would need to have advocated for segregation. Your stance is that I am actually for segregation, but say that I am not. Trump says he will or wont do something and then ends up not doing or doing that thing. If a person says they are not for something, its the the same as Trump because Trump goes and does the opposite. So unless you have an example of me doing the opposite then your logic does not follow.

Again, I agree that I have said I am against segregation. Now show me where I have done the second part of your claim where I advocate for segregation to avoid civil war.

I am against war, civil or otherwise if it can be avoided. I have never claimed to want segregation to achieve anything.

You put quotes around your sentence but show me where I have advocated for segregation. You can even show me an example that is not in the context you just framed it in. Literally any time I have advocated for segregation. If you cant, then your claim is false.

Regrettably the buckshot strategy doesn't work on smarter folks either. It's simple enough to see how/why degens shill the way they do.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Regrettably the buckshot strategy doesn't work on smarter folks either. It's simple enough to see how/why degens shill the way they do.

I was talking to a psychologist a few weeks back, and he said some people simply cannot understand complex discussions. Perhaps you are one of those people.

You claim I say one thing and do another like Trump, but cannot show me where I have done such. You seem to have a lot to say without saying anything.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I was talking to a psychologist a few weeks back, and he said some people simply cannot understand complex discussions. Perhaps you are one of those people.

You claim I say one thing and do another like Trump, but cannot show me where I have done such. You seem to have a lot to say without saying anything.

I'm sure the dumber liberals will believe that you don't reliably shill for white nationalist party allies. They literally believe conservatives are all as dumb as them.