Trivial things people should go to jail for

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
Why would anyone care what anyone puts on a fucking hotdog? You guys are too angry.

I dont know either. I thought ketchup on a dog was totally OK until I got laid over in Midway airport one time and there was a hot dog stand there that had explicit rules DO NOT put any ketchup on their hot dogs. I'm not sure what the punishment was if I could have even found some ketchup to put on it, but I wasn't going to find out.

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
maybe if we were talking about poutine and ketchup?

I'm not a fan, but my wife puts ketchup on her poutine. She's French Canadian, so who am I to tell her she's eating poutine wrong.

More importantly, who gives a fuck?

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
C'mon guys. I didn't saying putting ketchup on a hot dog was a major crime. Figure 90 days in jail should be sufficient punishment for the first offense. With time off for good behavior, you're out in 45. Maybe they let you do work release, so you don't lose your job. A fine would also be appropriate, but probably no more than $1000, depending on the seriousness of the offense and how many people were affected.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
C'mon guys. I didn't saying putting ketchup on a hot dog was a major crime. Figure 90 days in jail should be sufficient punishment for the first offense. With time off for good behavior, you're out in 45. Maybe they let you do work release, so you don't lose your job. A fine would also be appropriate, but probably no more than $1000, depending on the seriousness of the offense and how many people were affected.

Fuckin' liberals... And you guys wonder why crime's so bad.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Corporate corruption, lobbying, or any political decision making that is only benefiting the rich.

It would also create jobs, not only building new jails, but replacing all the corporate execs, politicians, etc in which their positions would now be open. :p

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Oh, and people who call a bare weiner a hot dog. A hot dog is a weiner inside a bun, with condiments on it. A weiner, whether or not you put condiments on it, is still just a weiner.

RAGE!!!!!!!!!11!!!

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I assume you meant left lane. Yeah, I know that you don't get to obstruct traffic in the left lane. But a lot of people like to act like they own the road, and they don't. I can be in the right lane doing the speed limit at night during a rainstorm with the left lane wide open and idiots will still crawl up my ass. I just don't understand the appeal of driving so aggressively. Wastes gas, wastes brakes, drastically increases the odds of an accident, and shows the person to be a jackass.

Getting aggressive with people who are doing the right thing by driving in the right lane, that is an asshole thing.

But driving "aggressively" isn't necessarily driving in a way to piss people off. If the left lane is left open we can just drive right by - driving in a spirited manner is for folks like us who really enjoy driving. Yeah it costs more in the end due to increased maintenance costs, but that's what we want to do in our cars - enjoy them. Putzing around slowly, taking turns slowly, etc... are not ideas in our mind when we buy cars that are fully capable of much more.

The only time I'm "aggressive" with other drivers is when they are doing everything wrong on the road and are completely ignorant of their environment and what they should and should not be doing.

I'll get up behind someone in the left lane when the right lane is open... but as I get older, I'm not leaving as much time for them to interrupt my pace because I just pass on the right. We should not ever pass on the right - it's bad. Don't make us do that - do your part (you in the general sense - you, personally, may very well already be doing this, and if so, I thank you) and, if you want to drive at any speed slower than people behind you, move out of the left-most lane. It seems some people hold the attitude that, "I'm going the speed limit and doing the right thing - I don't have to move, they should learn to not break the law!" ... fellow citizens who think that, follow the advice from your own police and state troopers: you are not the police, don't try to control the behavior of others... do your part and follow the rules, to include not impeding passing in the left lane, and you will be fine, and in fact will help make the road safer.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Why would anyone care what anyone puts on a fucking hotdog? You guys are too angry.
There was a guy that ran a Deli I used to go to a lot, he used to ask, "Do you want yellow mustard or the good stuff?"

Damn straight.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
people who drive in the fast lane and don't get over when cars start approaching from the rear.

people who drive in the fast lane going the same speed as the cars next to them so you can't get around them.

people who drive below the speed limit on a 1 lane road.

people who brake for no reason when going downhill.

people who drive slower because they are going up hill.

people who speed up when you go to pass them.

people who don't use turn signals.

people who text and drive (i know its against the law but they should be jailed for it, its as dangerous if not more dangerous than drunk driving).
A bit more comprehensive list.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Fuckin' liberals... And you guys wonder why crime's so bad.

I am liberal, and I am against capital punishment in most cases. However, I do believe in capital punishment for desecration of hot dogs through vicious immoral and immodest usage of ketchup. There is very little more depravity possible than this unholy abomination of waste.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
You'd think hot dogs were gourmet meals or something and not the dog shit they actually are by this thread.

angminas

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2006
Getting aggressive with people who are doing the right thing by driving in the right lane, that is an asshole thing.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. Fun driving is fine as long as it's courteous and responsible.

We should not ever pass on the right - it's bad.

Shrug. It's legal where I live, as long as there's room to do it safely. People shouldn't camp out in the left lane if they're holding up people behind them. People also shouldn't run right up someone's ass, giving them very little time to react, as if being in the left lane gives them carte blanche to abuse other drivers. Following too closely is still following too closely, especially where passing on the right is legal.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I like some of what is on your list but one thing that always misses lists like this is people who drive in such a damn hurry and take other peoples lives into their hands. Let's be honest, nothing you guys are doing with your life is that important.

) Stopping in the middle of the crosswalk assuming there is no such thing as pedestrians.

) Pull over and help the poor guy push his stalled out car out of traffic, stop thinking about just yourself and when you can get back in 1st place in the rat race.

) Driving down side streets fast and winding the engine way up

) Honking at people who make a complete LEGAL stop at a stop sign.

Again what are you in a hurry to do? Mom call you home for dinner? Your virtual video game goods getting raided? Whatever it is, none of it is important, the more in a hurry and important you think you are is most likely a sign of the opposite.