Trivial things people should go to jail for

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
people who drive in the fast lane and don't get over when cars start approaching from the rear.

people who drive in the fast lane going the same speed as the cars next to them so you can't get around them.

people who drive below the speed limit.

people who brake for no reason when going downhill.

people who drive slower because they are going up hill.

people who speed up when you go to pass them.

people who don't use turn signals.

people who text and drive (i know its against the law but they should be jailed for it, its as dangerous if not more dangerous than drunk driving).

On a similar note:

Will someone please provide the formula for how much a vehicle gains in width as speed increases?

I know for a fact they do get wider as speed increases.

Because, there is no other reason for everyone to apply brakes as they approach a bridge.
It is to narrow the vehicle so it will fit!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
People who think that they are "technology experts" because they know how to use an iPhone.

Maybe prison is too harsh... perhaps passing a mandatory Computer Science 101 class would work. If you fail, then prison.

people who don't know what computer science means.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
anyone who tells me not to put my own condiments(yes, including ketchup) on my own hotdogs/burgers will get a load of semen on their hotdog/burger if they ever come to visit.

Dont be cunts.

I'm not sure I could get it up looking down staring at a hot dog on a bun but I'm not as young as I used to be.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
This summer Indiana introduced a law making it a fineable offense to stay in the left lane if somebody is coming up behind you and you can move over. I think it was the 3rd state to do it.

Aww, come on Ohio! Get with the program!

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I'm not sure I could get it up looking down staring at a hot dog on a bun but I'm not as young as I used to be.

I'm 22, I can jerk it just about anywhere at any time if the occasion demands it.

I'm sure this wont last forever, but for now anyway it's not an empty threat.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
1. Bus drivers who gives you false directions.

2. When your holding the door open so a person could grab the door before it closes.....and that person just walks through instead of grabbing hold of the door.

3. Complaining about men going in to the girls bathroom when its a single persons bathroom.

You guys want to add anything?

1. People posting on any form of social media who cannot get their subjects and verbs to agree.
2. People posting on any form of social media who do not know the difference between your, you're; and among there, their, and they're.
3. People who put an apostrophe in front of the s to make a plural, and people who omit the apostrophe on possessive forms of a word.

:p :D

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005
Sure, if you're three years old. You're supposed to grow out of the "put ketchup on everything" phase by adulthood, though.

I don't put ketchup on everything. Someone putting ketchup on their hot dog is not something that should be punishable by jail.

Nov 20, 2009
I think we'd need an island prison for all the people that meet the requirements of this thread. Might I suggest Australia?

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
people who drive in the fast lane and don't get over when cars start approaching from the rear.

people who drive in the fast lane going the same speed as the cars next to them so you can't get around them.

people who drive below the speed limit.

people who brake for no reason when going downhill.

people who drive slower because they are going up hill.

people who speed up when you go to pass them.

people who don't use turn signals.

people who text and drive (i know its against the law but they should be jailed for it, its as dangerous if not more dangerous than drunk driving).

Ooohhh, good man. Quality shit right here.

I will add:

People at work refusing to rinse their dishes, so after the dishwasher tries to wash their piece of caked up fuckin bullshit it don't hardly do anything, and it's one less dish or coffee cup available to the people to use. Fuckin morons. I think most of the people must have their S.O. pick up and clean up after them at home, almost like a kid.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I don't put ketchup on everything. Someone putting ketchup on their hot dog is not something that should be punishable by jail.

I wasn't the guy who said that it should be punishable by jail.

Besides, public humiliation would be much more effective :)

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Smokers who don't seem to understand that the earth is not their ashtray.

NetWareHead

THAT guy
Aug 10, 2002
Landlords who allow section 8 tenants to rent their apartments/houses and make the neighborhood slowly more and more ghetto. Ditto for landlords who turn a blind eye to ghetto tenant behavior and allow it to infest the neighborhood.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Smokers who don't seem to understand that the earth is not their ashtray.

This, absolutely.

Definitely also agreed with the complaints about left lane driving, but I will point out: If I'm going 15-20 over the limit in the left lane and passing cars on the right, and you ride up on my ass, you can get the hell over it. :colbert:

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Putting the licence registration sticker in the wrong place (usually all over in multiple locations) on your vehicle licence plate.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
It's the maximum speed, not the minimum speed.

Actually you will get pulled over for doing under the speed limit in certain areas, especially if you are in the right hand lane sitting at 50 in a 55 zone with everyone passing you on the right.

angminas

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2006
Actually you will get pulled over for doing under the speed limit in certain areas, especially if you are in the right hand lane sitting at 50 in a 55 zone with everyone passing you on the right.

I assume you meant left lane. Yeah, I know that you don't get to obstruct traffic in the left lane. But a lot of people like to act like they own the road, and they don't. I can be in the right lane doing the speed limit at night during a rainstorm with the left lane wide open and idiots will still crawl up my ass. I just don't understand the appeal of driving so aggressively. Wastes gas, wastes brakes, drastically increases the odds of an accident, and shows the person to be a jackass.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I assume you meant left lane. Yeah, I know that you don't get to obstruct traffic in the left lane. But a lot of people like to act like they own the road, and they don't. I can be in the right lane doing the speed limit at night during a rainstorm with the left lane wide open and idiots will still crawl up my ass. I just don't understand the appeal of driving so aggressively. Wastes gas, wastes brakes, drastically increases the odds of an accident, and shows the person to be a jackass.

to be fair, i really meant on 1 lane roads. i'll edit post to clarify that. doing what you do i have no problems with since people can pass you easily if they want to.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
People who think it's okay to tell other people what to eat.

It's my food, I'll do what I want to it. You can take your pompous condiment attitude and cram it up your poop chute.

I agree.

Except for ketchup on hotdogs. This is a mortal sin.

Last edited:

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
Why would anyone care what anyone puts on a fucking hotdog? You guys are too angry.