The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONTAINS NSFW IMAGES IN POST 3,884

Page 113 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Interesting, I read earlier some Russian lawmaker is pushing for a bill to exempt Puti from Prosecution for life.
Yeah, let's make a law that says you don't have to abide by the law. :rolleyes: This is why I didn't go to law school.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Easy, in about 2 week Covid will be a huge deal, and entirely Biden's fault. Just like they did with Obama and the great recession.
120,000 new cases today, yesterday too. Just last week we were flirting with 100,000/day. And Trump keeps saying we're turning the corner. That guy, I literally can't express my thoughts and feelings because doing so I might get an infraction here.

•¨™”§¦£ª”˜©—˜¦¥•¨™”¦¤²˜‘ž–¢ª’™„–¥—••’²š™

That translates to I'M PISSED OFF!

Reactions: twjr and Zorba

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

That is for sure the most on point statement I've heard/seen this week. Squarely hit the bullseye. Nobody else has been close.

Last edited:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I'm sure I've admitted this here before, but I had a lower class upbringing. And I succeeded despite of it. And watching all my old racist loser 9th grade dropout felon post-recovery 'friends' who used to mooch off me back in the day have Facebook meltdowns is just fucking delicious. And fuck you to anyone who says I should feel otherwise.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I love the ignorance over at Fox. I wonder why I ever tune in, but only for short glance. It was the same thing with Tammy Faye and Jim baker show in the 90s. You had to turn in because it was so insane. Tammy crying with eye makeup running down her face. Funny as hell and priceless. So on over Fox, tucker asking how it could be where Joe Biden rose out of nowhere with no affiliations to lead the party. Obviously a scandal tucker claims. And I was thinking, rise out of nowhere you ask? Duh, how about Donald Trump, you idiot. Fox News would be much better if the anchors wore makeup and cried like a baby on air. Then we could have Tammy Faye all over again.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Isn't that a kind of dead end for someone with higher political ambitions? Really asking because I'm not sure.

Not really. Trump appointed Nikki Haley to the job and there's all kinds of buzz about her running in 2024.

twjr

Jul 5, 2006
120,000 new cases today, yesterday too. Just last week we were flirting with 100,000/day. And Trump keeps saying we're turning the corner. That guy, I literally can't express my thoughts and feelings because doing so I might get an infraction here.

•¨™”§¦£ª”˜©—˜¦¥•¨™”¦¤²˜‘ž–¢ª’™„–¥—••’²š™

That translates to I'M PISSED OFF!
I can understand the anger but in a way I'm glad that Trump has mishandled Covid so badly. Had he responded with even a smidge of competency his re-election would have been a certainty. The long term damage done by another four years of a Trump presidency, especially climate inaction, certainly outweigh the short term impacts of the pandemic.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
no recount is going to change that.

GA has gone blue for the first time since Bill Clinton in 92, i'm feeling proud.
I think you said you early vote at the same place as me - South DeKalb Mall.

I went and early voted October 13th. It wasn't slammed, but it was pretty damn busy for early voting 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Took about 25 minutes. Usually I just walk in, vote, and walk out when I early vote.

Very proud that I got to help turn Georgia blue.

Now we just have to turn the fuck out for the special elections.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I've been asleep; where is the vote at? Does it look like Trump is going to catch up anywhere?

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
I think you said you early vote at the same place as me - South DeKalb Mall.

I went and early voted October 13th. It wasn't slammed, but it was pretty damn busy for early voting 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Took about 25 minutes. Usually I just walk in, vote, and walk out when I early vote.

Very proud that I got to help turn Georgia blue.

Now we just have to turn the fuck out for the special elections.

pre Covid i did, but this time around i requested an absentee and dropped it in the box in downtown Decatur. on the first day of early voting i drove by SDM, and while the line gave me goosebumps, i wanted to play it safe.

i convinced one co-worker to vote a couple of weeks ago who thought it was too late. i am going to do my best to make sure a few more vote in the runoff who normally wouldn't.

H T C

Nov 7, 2018
A few days ago @ a rally (i think) Trump said something along the likes of "Covid ... covid ... covid ... covid ... covid ... all they talk about is covid ..."

Somehow, i get the feeling that what Trump would want right now is for everyone to talk about "Covid ... covid ... covid ... covid ... let's talk about covid ..."

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
I've been asleep; where is the vote at? Does it look like Trump is going to catch up anywhere?
Nope, he isn't going to. The things started to go in the other direction when remaining votes to be counted were from the mailed-in ballots.

Donald managed to win 2016 (by surprise or not) and got whole America to see his altered reality as the actual reality. We've been living in his "fake news/ignore the science" world ever since. He's not going to be able to handle this rude awakening very well and will give us all hell until Jan 20th.

Reactions: dank69 and NTMBK

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This fucking gibberish is hilarious

Well until she drowns her kids

That is actually some really scary shit right there to know that there are folks like that who'd do such a thing, in public even.

If I was there I'd probably suggest that they'd get a room dressed up with lit candles, pentagram carved into the floor, sacrificial goat's head on a platter, you know, the usual everyday kind of Trump cult worship ceremony.

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Is there a legitimate reason on why most networks haven't called this election yet other than "we don't want to"?

Status
Not open for further replies.