The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONTAINS NSFW IMAGES IN POST 3,884

Page 112 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Not sure where to put this ... If true it probably deserves it's own thread...It is election related with something to do with stepping down in Janurary...

Unusual timing. Maybe Putin is fine but put this out so he and Donnie can move in together in some romantic setting.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Trump won’t take Arizona looks like. Over half of the remaining ballots just dropped and he only closed it by 6k votes.

Caesar

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
Trump won’t take Arizona looks like. Over half of the remaining ballots just dropped and he only closed it by 6k votes.

AZ sos was on and she said about 170k ballots still left. This number includes around 47k of provisional. Even if all provisional are counted and using the same rate as the recent 60k reported, Trump can only cut down the lead by around 20k or so. So Biden should still have a 9k+ lead.

linkgoron

Platinum Member
Mar 9, 2005
From what I understand, Maricopa has around ~95000 votes, and Arizona has 173000 all around left. From my napkin math, Trump needs around 58.5% of the vote to gain on Biden, and he's not getting that from what I've seen.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I think Biden should seriously consider offering a Cabinet level position to Susan Collins as well. Maybe Veteran Affairs or Commerce, she would technically be qualified for either one. The Governor of Maine is a Democrat and the seat would very likely go to Sara Gideon even in a special election. Susan is moderate enough that she would not be a big problem for Democrats, but runs as a Republican making it difficult for them to oppose her, and Biden gets to look like he is reaching across the aisle.
That is an extremely crafty move. Extremely crafty. Lol. Why stop there? Maybe offer tillis in NC a cabinet position too. These are not unreasonable ways to finally take back the senate. Both states with democratic governors...

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Aaaah dammmmit! I decide to try to relax and play a game, my game crashes and I'm presented with this! WTF!!

I felt like I was still in FarCry 5. Seriously, it's like I'm still in the game...I don't know if I'm supposed to to save their sorry pathetic asses or what. A bunch of mumbo jumbo bubbling American religious nutbags.

How pathetic is this country that we've become no better than the plot synopsis of a video game.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
True, Putin is perhaps the number one adversary of western democracies... well Trumpism and all that but that is probably intertwined.
While Putin falls in "that category" as you say, you have to admire the man at the same time, what he has accomplished with so little is ... astonishing.
Yes, take that piece off the board please.
I think it really goes Facebook -> Murdock -> Putin.

Reactions: Perknose

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Scott Galloway had been pushing that, but I doubt it. I think Pete would be a good SoS.
Double no. I'd rather have someone with foreign affairs experience for SOS which rules out Pete B.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Pete B. would make a good diplomat but for now I think UN ambassador is the right thing for him.
Yeah, that'd probably be a good role. I'd just like him to get some real experience for 2028, when hopefully nobody will care about his sexuality as well.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Pete B. would make a good diplomat but for now I think UN ambassador is the right thing for him.
Isn't that a kind of dead end for someone with higher political ambitions? Really asking because I'm not sure.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Looks like Biden's going to make some kind of speech. Flipped over to Fox, Ingraham's on with some clown. They're talking out loud how this is just to make Trump mad and do something stupid and they are trying to talk him down. It's like the theater of the absurd.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Looks like Biden's going to make some kind of speech. Flipped over to Fox, Ingraham's on with some clown. They're talking out loud how this is just to make Trump mad and do something stupid and they are trying to talk him down. It's like the theater of the absurd.

It's always been theater with Trump&co.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Trumperss: See all these videos of voter manipulation!! They're all over youtube, twitter, and facebook!!! There's no escaping now! The voting is rigged! These people need to be charged!!

Me: You do realize that everything you and I can see on the internet, everyone else can see, including law enforcement? So if they see anything wrong, they can just arrest them?

Trumpers: .....

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So....don't know if it's reportable

Buddy of mine saw Marine1 in the sky about 5 hours ago, flying Northeast, so NY direction. Told him afterwards of Trump's supposed plans to hold a "victory rally" in NY this weekend. I mean...really? Is Donny actually going to do that?

Is he trying to book a plane out of JFK, or has that already happened?

Haven't seen the shoeturd in a great many hours, so all is possible.

What does it take to get that fat constipated bastard back into the US? send special forces after him? Would they obey? I think they would, because at the same time they seem like the type of military that just obey orders and go gonzo nuts doing their job...but they also seem like the type that would very much think trump is their brother. I dunno, I can't speak for such humans. It's crazy loony town spit-balling, but also very relevant, because we do need to consider a world, for many dumb reasons, that an actual POTUS flees the US seeking asylum from massive criminality, and so..how do we get that fuckstick back? hahahha

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010

Buddy of mine saw Marine1 in the sky about 5 hours ago, flying Northeast, so NY direction. Told him afterwards of Trump's supposed plans to hold a "victory rally" in NY this weekend. I mean...really? Is Donny actually going to do that?

Is he trying to book a plane out of JFK, or has that already happened?

Haven't seen the shoeturd in a great many hours, so all is possible.

What does it take to get that fat constipated bastard back into the US? send special forces after him? Would they obey? I think they would, because at the same time they seem like the type of military that just obey orders and go gonzo nuts doing their job...but they also seem like the type that would very much think trump is their brother. I dunno, I can't speak for such humans. It's crazy loony town spit-balling, but also very relevant, because we do need to consider a world, for many dumb reasons, that an actual POTUS flees the US seeking asylum from massive criminality, and so..how do we get that fuckstick back? hahahha

Would be a national security crisis the likes of which we've never seen.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Like mentioned before, Donald realizes he needs to hang on to the presidency to avoid mountains of legal litigation. A lot of people are coming after Trump and as of January 20th Trump's protections will be gone. So naturally, Donald Trump is mad, scared, and worried. The US legal system has no problems with sending old people to prison. This was Donald Trump's worst nightmare scenario come true.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Going back home early, to Trump Tower?
Maybe he has to clean it out before NY does.

Reactions: zinfamous
Status
Not open for further replies.