The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONTAINS NSFW IMAGES IN POST 3,884

Page 156 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He might concede... no way would it be graciously.

EDIT: Nope. It's going to be all about the Pfeizer vaccine his admin had nothing to do with and operation warp speed. This will be one long praise me lie fest as usual.
So is the natural grey going to make him look more respectable?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I do agree that it’s possible SCOTUS is so compromised that they will go along with even a manifestly absurd position like this.

While that is scary, if that’s the case then US democracy is already dead, we just hadn’t noticed yet.
noticed.png
This meme accurately sums up my feelings about your post

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
13Goldberg-jumbo.jpg

Fucking proto-facist mods make me include my own written commentary here. Don't they know I'm too busy and important to express myself in my own words when someone else's meme image will do?
7G3zITG.png
I agree, but would not go anywhere near calling it proto-fascism. I prefer elegance. The rule seems inelegant and also prevents elegance. Someone once said a picture is worth a thousand words.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hell, I'll give Trump credit for Warp Speed. Nothing else related to COVID though. He was always just looking for a magic bullet. But, I would have expected any president in Trump's situation to pursue a massive and expensive effort to get a vaccine out. Mentally challenged manhood man could not show his plebs that wearing masks is good. I will never forgive him for that.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If health isn't a major issue I think Biden would beat Trump in 2024. Their pandemic records of achievement/fiasco alone would be major.
what happens when the NEXT "Trump" is an eloquent speaker who smiles a lot more and actually thinks before he speaks?
That's oxymoronic. No "Trump" has the capacity to think, nor scores above 2 on 1-10 scale of eloquence.
I'll be passing on this little gem. :rolleyes:
The only live stuff I've chanced were the debates for his entire mis-administration. I'll pick up on OTA network coverage an hour later.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexruiz

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I agree, but would not go anywhere near calling it proto-fascism. I prefer elegance. The rule seems inelegant and also prevents elegance. Someone once said a picture is worth a thousand words.
1605306766091.png

As the nice lady helpfully points out, there are two main reasons for this rule. It was instituted as an anti-spam measure in response to a poster who often had 15 of the first 20 threads, all one link only and most all indiscriminate and nearly useless.

The reason we kept it is that we don't want this forum to devolve into Facebook. This forum IS FOR DISCUSSION, not copying someone else's meme and calling it a day.

In response to those many of you who confine the disbursement of the extremely trenchant thoughts emanating form your big giant brains to a 4" by 6" screen and who think cartoons and jokes represent the height of fucking elegance, the nice lady above is signaling her "elegant" displeasure with that shallow and patently juvenile position. For those who may be unaware, she is suggesting you engage in a biologically difficult, yet highly personal, act.

Mr Goodbar concurs:

1605307507001.png

For the congenitally weak minded amongst you, YES, both images above are NSFW and my use of them does not give the rest of you leave to do the same . . . at all.

Do as I say, not as I do. Or, so help me kids, I'll turn this car right around!

The dog knows what I'm talking about!

1605307959104.png

Status
Not open for further replies.