The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONTAINS NSFW IMAGES IN POST 3,884

Page 114 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Is there a legitimate reason on why most networks haven't called this election yet other than "we don't want to"?

No, they called Bush winner in 2000 when he didn't even win after Fox called it cause they wanted in on the ratings as well. Right now they are afraid of the response from Trump if they call it. Media sucks in this country.

Reactions: Muse

twjr

Jul 5, 2006
That is actually some really scary shit right there to know that there are folks like that who'd do such a thing, in public even.

If I was there I'd probably suggest that they'd get a room dressed up with lit candles, pentagram carved into the floor, sacrificial goat's head on a platter, you know, the usual everyday kind of Trump cult worship ceremony.
You're besmirching the good name of Satanism there...

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Is there a legitimate reason on why most networks haven't called this election yet other than "we don't want to"?

Probably the understanding the shit will hit the fan immediately for the nutters. Trump can't win with the numbers now, no one wants to light the fuse it seems.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think it’s looking very odd that states aren’t being called for Biden. If I remember back in 2016 states were being called for Trump with less of a count separation between Clinton and Trump than we now have between Biden and Trump. And with a lesser percentage in. And I have issues with it taking these states soooo long to count 50000 or 100000 ballots, or even 7000 ballots, when they suggest needing weeks to count. Hell, I could count 7000 ballots in one day all by myself. I’m just getting really tired of excuses and more excuses while waiting to call at least one state thus giving Biden the presidency. They say OH, WE HAVE 7000 BALLOTS THAT JUST CAME IN , WE’LL HAVE THEM COUNTED BY NEXT TUESDAY. And it’s Wednesday. Seriously? They advise to just be patient, keep calm. Well, Donald Trump isn’t being patient nor keeping calm. Donald Trump is frantically trying to take this to the US Supreme Court and the more the states screw around with the counting, Trump just may have the time to get the high court involved. And if the high court gets involved that means stopping everything in it’s tracks because that is what the court does when they have an issue to decide. And I question the counting process itself and those in charge of conducting the counting, it seems to me they are either not talking this serious or are purposely dragging their feet. And they would only be dragging their feet to give the Trump people more time to come up with something to take to the Supreme Court. For so few states and so few ballots remaining this just seems really weird. Really... Really.... Weird.....

Reactions: Meghan54

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
I think it’s looking very odd that states aren’t being called for Biden. If I remember back in 2016 states were being called for Trump with less of a count separation between Clinton and Trump than we now have between Biden and Trump. And with a lesser percentage in. And I have issues with it taking these states soooo long to count 50000 or 100000 ballots, or even 7000 ballots, when they suggest needing weeks to count. Hell, I could count 7000 ballots in one day all by myself. I’m just getting really tired of excuses and more excuses while waiting to call at least one state thus giving Biden the presidency. They say OH, WE HAVE 7000 BALLOTS THAT JUST CAME IN , WE’LL HAVE THEM COUNTED BY NEXT TUESDAY. And it’s Wednesday. Seriously? They advise to just be patient, keep calm. Well, Donald Trump isn’t being patient nor keeping calm. Donald Trump is frantically trying to take this to the US Supreme Court and the more the states screw around with the counting, Trump just may have the time to get the high court involved. And if the high court gets involved that means stopping everything in it’s tracks because that is what the court does when they have an issue to decide. And I question the counting process itself and those in charge of conducting the counting, it seems to me they are either not talking this serious or are purposely dragging their feet. And they would only be dragging their feet to give the Trump people more time to come up with something to take to the Supreme Court. For so few states and so few ballots remaining this just seems really weird. Really... Really.... Weird.....
The thing is, this time around, we've had record number of mail-in ballots for obvious reasons. And states have different deadlines at which these postmarked ballots can arrive (ie, Nov 10 for Nevada). That means, they're still getting ballots in the mail even after Nov 3rd. So we just gotta be patient. But it's definitely annoying.

mikegg

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2010
Yes, PA and Georgia might go into a recount. AZ is probably Biden but I think AP and Fox called it too early. And they might want to let Fox call it first so the Trump crazies go after Fox instead.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Yes, it is weird. However a beneficial side effect of this is Trump having to agonize over his impending doom every second of the day and night that he is awake while having nightmares the moment he closes his eyes and tries to go to sleep. My guess is he is in such a state of turmoil over having to wait for his inevitable fate to arrive and face the fact that people don't like him as much this time around. To him not being loved and adored is a fate worse than death. Sure there are millions of idiots who still think he's done a spectacular job as prez while ignoring those despicable things about him that they'd slap their children into next week over and I guess he can rely on them for some comfort.

However, we're getting payback on him for the agony he gave us over the years he's been fvcking things up. It's like the revenge we get on our kids when they have kids of their own ya know?

Reactions: Thump553

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The thing is, this time around, we've had record number of mail-in ballots for obvious reasons. And states have different deadlines at which these postmarked ballots can arrive (ie, Nov 10 for Nevada). That means, they're still getting ballots in the mail even after Nov 3rd. So we just gotta be patient. But it's definitely annoying.

At this point I’m not buying it. Something’s up. All throughout Trump’s presidency Donald Trump has been given every courtesy. When Trump lies there is no accountability other than OH THAT DONALD. When Trump insults people and minorities again the reaction is, OH THAT DONALD. And now, Donald Trump claims election fraud, ballot tampering, out right election corruption and the response,WE BETTER SLOW DOWN AND HOLD OFF BECAUSE DONALD TRUMP SAYS THE ELECTION IS BEING STOLEN. Seems everyone including the states and the election officials are afraid of Donald Trump and afraid of what Donald Trump says and thinks. It won’t be long before others besides myself start wondering WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.???

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I'm fine with them taking an extra couple of days to call it. Biden isn't getting inaugurated until January no matter what- let's take the time, make sure it's 100% indisputable, then call it. Don't give Trump any ammunition for his conspiracies, and don't leave him a leg to stand on.

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
At this point I’m not buying it. Something’s up. All throughout Trump’s presidency Donald Trump has been given every courtesy. When Trump lies there is no accountability other than OH THAT DONALD. When Trump insults people and minorities again the reaction is, OH THAT DONALD. And now, Donald Trump claims election fraud, ballot tampering, out right election corruption and the response,WE BETTER SLOW DOWN AND HOLD OFF BECAUSE DONALD TRUMP SAYS THE ELECTION IS BEING STOLEN. Seems everyone including the states and the election officials are afraid of Donald Trump and afraid of what Donald Trump says and thinks. It won’t be long before others besides myself start wondering WHAT IS GOING ON HERE.???
I do agree that the remaining states are taking too long to count. It's like, wtf, everyone knew there would be a lot of mail-in ballots. Use more staff to cover different counting shifts. It's not that complicated. But as tweaker2 said, let the fat, baby orange suffer with anxiety 😂

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Yes, it is weird. However a beneficial side effect of this is Trump having to agonize over his impending doom every second of the day and night that he is awake while having nightmares the moment he closes his eyes and tries to go to sleep. My guess is he is in such a state of turmoil over having to wait for his inevitable fate to arrive and face the fact that people don't like him as much this time around. To him not being loved and adored is a fate worse than death. Sure there are millions of idiots who still think he's done a spectacular job as prez while ignoring those despicable things about him that they'd slap their children into next week over and I guess he can rely on them for some comfort.

However, we're getting payback on him for the agony he gave us over the years he's been fvcking things up. It's like the revenge we get on our kids when they have kids of their own ya know?

You underestimate Donald Trump. Trump is not as clueless as some would believe. Donald Trump was a business man way before becoming a politician and as a business man Donald Trump always had a card up his sleeve. Trump was ruthless in business and now his business talents he is using to foil this election. Donald Trump is not cowering in the corner, Donald Trump is definitely up to something. Donald Trump is not dumb. Trump stacked the courts, Trump built his base, Trump took over an entire political party, and... Trump was skilled enough to demonize mail in ballots way before anyone knew simply mailing in ballots would become such a hot issue. And duh... isn’t it now quite obvious that when Trump appointed Louis Dejoy postal director then immediately Louis Dejoy began screwing with the postal system, THAT WAS TRUMP. THAT WAS ALL DONALD TRUMP. Dejoy was only a patsy. Donald Trump seen this coming and began preparing long ago. So, I say again, never underestimate the skills of Donald Trump. Never underestimate the fear Donald Trump can put into the minds of people. Never underestimate the lengths that Donald Trump will go through to hold onto power. And I still say this skill and power is now affecting the ballot counting, affecting the election process, and placing fear in those charged with calling an election. It’s all Donald Trump, again.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I'm fine with the other networks waiting for Fox to call it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I can understand the anger but in a way I'm glad that Trump has mishandled Covid so badly. Had he responded with even a smidge of competency his re-election would have been a certainty. The long term damage done by another four years of a Trump presidency, especially climate inaction, certainly outweigh the short term impacts of the pandemic.
I must agree and TBH I've felt this way all along. It's Trump's continuing chutzpah to continue to insult the intelligence of the American people with supremely outlandish lies that angers me. Yes indeed the silver lining on the catastrophic pandemic is the booting of fatso out of the White House.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I've been asleep; where is the vote at? Does it look like Trump is going to catch up anywhere?
He may catch the covid again but doesn't look like he's gonna catch up to Joe in PA, GA, AZ.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
What exactly is “ON THE BRINK” and how long does it last?
Is it like, “he jumped off the cliff and on the brink of hitting the water” ??
Or more like, “he’s a five year old on the brink of turning 85” ???
Because, CNN claims Joe Biden has been on the brink of becoming the next president. And on that “brink” for what.... three days now?
I have two dollars in my savings account at 0.60 % interest rate, and I’m on the brink of becoming a millionaire. You do the math.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That is actually some really scary shit right there to know that there are folks like that who'd do such a thing, in public even.

If I was there I'd probably suggest that they'd get a room dressed up with lit candles, pentagram carved into the floor, sacrificial goat's head on a platter, you know, the usual everyday kind of Trump cult worship ceremony.
Actually, I think they should enroll in night school. Obviously, these people need direction in their lives, they are foundering, lost little sheep.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
What exactly is “ON THE BRINK” and how long does it last?
Is it like, “he jumped off the cliff and on the brink of hitting the water” ??
Or more like, “he’s a five year old on the brink of turning 85” ???
Because, CNN claims Joe Biden has been on the brink of becoming the next president. And on that “brink” for what.... three days now?
I have two dollars in my savings account at 0.60 % interest rate, and I’m on the brink of becoming a millionaire. You do the math.
They're scared to declare him the winner. That's how I characterize it but I don't know the dynamics, I may be spot on with that.

See the Steve Schmidt video linked above. He said it. It's an impossibility that Donald Trump wins this election and the people who make the declaration decisions at AP, the networks, etc. all know it. In the past that would earn his opponent a declaration of victory on the spot.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, when PA says one more ballot to count in PA, but the media still refuses to call the election, then I’ll know something is up.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Protracting the declarations of victory does have the advantage of letting it sink in. The people who would riot or whatever have days, maybe weeks to adjust to the reality that big boss man is gonna go bye bye. This way the pot may boil over but at least it doesn't blow up.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Ok, ok... interesting...
CNN interview with the city commissioner in Philly PA admits that they are being careful because when the final count is released, in his words... “”THERE COULD BE WAR””.
So there you have it. Right there. Someone actually admitting why the delay, why the caution, and why nothing is happening. I wonder if he realized what he just admitted to the world?

Xcobra

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ok, ok... interesting...
CNN interview with the city commissioner in Philly PA admits that they are being careful because when the final count is released, in his words... “”THERE COULD BE WAR””.
So there you have it. Right there. Someone actually admitting why the delay, why the caution, and why nothing is happening. I wonder if he realized what he just admitted to the world?
I bet antifa would start it all 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.