The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONTAINS NSFW IMAGES IN POST 3,884

Page 115 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If the Trumpists want to start a war I can literally think of no worse place to try that than Philadelphia.

Highly proud insular place filled to the brim with a barely contained insatiable lust for violence and a chip on its shoulder the size of a battleship? Perfect target lol.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
You know things are going good for Biden when the clowns on Fox are fighting with each other this morning.
See, things are definitely not normal in the media world now that Trump spent his whole time in office calling them the enemy of the people. Get some god damn balls and call it for Biden already.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
If the Trumpists want to start a war I can literally think of no worse place to try that than Philadelphia.

Highly proud insular place filled to the brim with a barely contained insatiable lust for violence and a chip on its shoulder the size of a battleship? Perfect target lol.
Gritty will not give any mercy

Reactions: hal2kilo

Caminetto

Jul 29, 2001
The only reason the media does not call it is money. They don't want to piss off half the country and their eyeballs.
But as Steve Schmidt has said, with every hour that orange POS will be using the time cast more doubt, and do more damage to the democracy.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The only reason the media does not call it is money. They don't want to piss off half the country and their eyeballs.
But as Steve Schmidt has said, with every hour that orange POS will be using the time cast more doubt, and do more damage to the democracy.
They will be making plenty of money covering the Georgia Senate races.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
So, that "God bless the troops" line at the end of Biden's speech... that was code for something, right? It doesn't sound like something he would usually say.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So, that "God bless the troops" line at the end of Biden's speech... that was code for something, right? It doesn't sound like something he would usually say.
No, he has said it at the end of many of his public appearances.

Caminetto

Jul 29, 2001
Republicans across the country are calling for audits, recounts and legal challenges.

Thanks media for giving tRump and his cult more time to find one or two cases of election cheating and scream “look at all the illegal actions”.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Veterans day is wednesday.

Oh, OK. I thought that it was a some sort of secret message to the National Guard telling them to get ready, because we're calling this thing soon. I guess that I've been listening to too many Trump speeches, which always seem to have hidden messages for his fans.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
So....don't know if it's reportable

Buddy of mine saw Marine1 in the sky about 5 hours ago, flying Northeast, so NY direction. Told him afterwards of Trump's supposed plans to hold a "victory rally" in NY this weekend. I mean...really? Is Donny actually going to do that?

Is he trying to book a plane out of JFK, or has that already happened?

Haven't seen the shoeturd in a great many hours, so all is possible.
Maybe it was Melanie & Barron getting an early start on moving out.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I think it’s looking very odd that states aren’t being called for Biden. If I remember back in 2016 states were being called for Trump with less of a count separation between Clinton and Trump than we now have between Biden and Trump. And with a lesser percentage in. And I have issues with it taking these states soooo long to count 50000 or 100000 ballots, or even 7000 ballots, when they suggest needing weeks to count. Hell, I could count 7000 ballots in one day all by myself. I’m just getting really tired of excuses and more excuses while waiting to call at least one state thus giving Biden the presidency. They say OH, WE HAVE 7000 BALLOTS THAT JUST CAME IN , WE’LL HAVE THEM COUNTED BY NEXT TUESDAY. And it’s Wednesday. Seriously? They advise to just be patient, keep calm. Well, Donald Trump isn’t being patient nor keeping calm. Donald Trump is frantically trying to take this to the US Supreme Court and the more the states screw around with the counting, Trump just may have the time to get the high court involved. And if the high court gets involved that means stopping everything in it’s tracks because that is what the court does when they have an issue to decide. And I question the counting process itself and those in charge of conducting the counting, it seems to me they are either not talking this serious or are purposely dragging their feet. And they would only be dragging their feet to give the Trump people more time to come up with something to take to the Supreme Court. For so few states and so few ballots remaining this just seems really weird. Really... Really.... Weird.....
You must be superman if you think you can count 7000 ballots all by yourself in a day. It would take 58 hours non stop (no break, no eating, no bathroom, nothing) to count 7000 ballots @ a rate of 2 ballots every minute, which isn't even realistic. That is 30 seconds each to take them out of the secure envelopes, flattening them, verifying them, etc).. This is before you factor in equipment breakdowns, legibility issues, etc. They have to go thru the hoops to ensure that they do everything possible to ensure a vote is counted before it is rejected. In short, you don't have a clue. There is a reason that election counts don't have to be certified for nearly 2 weeks after the election, and recounts can't happen till then.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
I do agree that the remaining states are taking too long to count. It's like, wtf, everyone knew there would be a lot of mail-in ballots. Use more staff to cover different counting shifts. It's not that complicated. But as tweaker2 said, let the fat, baby orange suffer with anxiety 😂
There is only so much money in the budget. The cost of hiring each person is substantial because every one has to go thru back ground checks etc. It's not like they can just take any Joe Shmoe off the street and say here, we will pay you a hair above minimum wage to count ballots, get to work. @ 1 minute per ballot from start to finish to count a ballot (open envelopes, remove, flatten, verifty, etc). it would take 694 days or 16666 man hours, to count 1 million ballots. That would take 700 people's worth of man hours, per million ballots, non stop to get them counted in 1 day. Now, do the math for 2,3....10 million ballots.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Republicans across the country are calling for audits, recounts and legal challenges.

Thanks media for giving tRump and his cult more time to find one or two cases of election cheating and scream “look at all the illegal actions”.
Even in Washington state, where the Democrat Governor is ahead 59% to 40%, the GOP candidate is calling foul and refusing to concede. It's pathedic.

As for not calling it, and the fear of war, there is one other cause for concern, and that is if they call it, some lunatic might attempt to assassinate Biden. I hate to even mention that, but I wouldn't put it past some of these Trumpeters, specially with all the hate, negativity, and indication of fraud Trump has spewed over the last 4 years, and the last few days. I am honestly concerned for Biden's safety.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
There is only so much money in the budget. The cost of hiring each person is substantial because every one has to go thru back ground checks etc. It's not like they can just take any Joe Shmoe off the street and say here, we will pay you a hair above minimum wage to count ballots, get to work. @ 1 minute per ballot from start to finish to count a ballot (open envelopes, remove, flatten, verifty, etc). it would take 694 days or 16666 man hours, to count 1 million ballots. That would take 700 people's worth of man hours, per million ballots, non stop to get them counted in 1 day. Now, do the math for 2,3....10 million ballots.
This plus the fact that the states that are still counting now are the ones that were forbidden from counting those ballots before election day by their respective state GOP driven lawsuits.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
What the heck does an "audit" of an election do?
Probably recounting a sample of ballets, not all of them. That would be a recount. When I was managing a small office part of our T9100 BS was to go out and check maybe 5% of our on hand spares, but not the whole inventory.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Yes, it is weird. However a beneficial side effect of this is Trump having to agonize over his impending doom every second of the day and night that he is awake while having nightmares the moment he closes his eyes and tries to go to sleep. My guess is he is in such a state of turmoil over having to wait for his inevitable fate to arrive and face the fact that people don't like him as much this time around. To him not being loved and adored is a fate worse than death. Sure there are millions of idiots who still think he's done a spectacular job as prez while ignoring those despicable things about him that they'd slap their children into next week over and I guess he can rely on them for some comfort.

However, we're getting payback on him for the agony he gave us over the years he's been fvcking things up. It's like the revenge we get on our kids when they have kids of their own ya know?

You would think that except trump sees that he got a record turnout, the most Republican votes in history. He only got beat by Biden because the system is rigged.

Reactions: tweaker2

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
AZ is going to take foreeeeeeever to become definitive. Come on, Pennsylvania! Finish this today!

Status
Not open for further replies.