The Official 2020 General Election returns thread CONTAINS NSFW IMAGES IN POST 3,884

Page 110 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
All of this comical. Mission accomplished. Now what?

You literally changed nothing other than got the orangutan out of the way.

Seems so reminiscent of hope and change... where it never comes lol. God forbid you light a fire under your establishment politicians to actually do something.

Tackling the coronavirus is one. Then reversing all the damage done by the obese turtle.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
This fool, down to hoping the "losers" will save him:
nTARKPQ.jpg
It's sad that the common citizen knows more about the ballot counting and where the military ballots are, than the idiot that lost the election. Someone find this baby a pacifier!

Reactions: zinfamous and Zorba

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Consensus seems to be what's holding back the PA call for the networks is the recount margin (0.5) and the 100K provisional ballots.

Feb 4, 2009
Not sure where to put this ... If true it probably deserves it's own thread...It is election related with something to do with stepping down in Janurary...

Interesting, I read earlier some Russian lawmaker is pushing for a bill to exempt Puti from Prosecution for life.

twjr

Jul 5, 2006
Interesting, I read earlier some Russian lawmaker is pushing for a bill to exempt Puti from Prosecution for life.
I saw something similar too. No coincidence. Wonder if that'll be Trump's next plan when it's clear he's lost the "throne"?

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Da F? Supervisor in question - and/or anyone up the chain that knew - need some jail time.
Supervisor is the person in question and he died of Covid, which is the only reason this even came out.

*edit he died but they don't say if it was directly related to Covid but his death WAS the only reason it came out he had it

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
They should have a number on the overseas votes shortly though right? The deadline for them to be returned has passed.

Yes. Though what constitutes “shortly” right now is open to argument.

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
They should have a number on the overseas votes shortly though right? The deadline for them to be returned has passed.
They can show up today, provided they're postmarked by election day. Up to 8400, but not expected to be that many.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
And there's tens of millions more, brainwashed just like him. I don't have a clue how President-Elect Biden can even start fixing this frankenstein of a disaster that Trump and Murdoch created.
Easy, in about 2 week Covid will be a huge deal, and entirely Biden's fault. Just like they did with Obama and the great recession.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
As a Nevadan, this is incorrect. Trump/NVGOP have lost every lawsuit they've filed save two:
1. One is being settled and allows a few more observers.
2. One was just filed and hasn't had a preliminary hearing.
There are no ongoing lawsuits in which there is judicial oversight of ballot counting.

The slowdown comes from two factors:
1. Approximately 60,000 statewide are "provisional" ballots. Nevada has same-day voter registration and those voters are allowed to cast provisional ballots. The provisional ballots are counted LAST. In order to count a provisional ballot the County Clerk must verify the voter's information with the Secretary of State to ensure that the voter did not cast a ballot in any other county. This is a very slow process.
2. The remaining ballots are mail-in ballots. Nevada law permits mail-in ballots to be counted if they are postmarked by Election Day and received through today, I believe. Pretty much all of the mail-in ballots remaining are in Clark County (Las Vegas). Due to the relatively short timeframe on implementing statewide mail-in voting, Clark County only has one signature matching machine. They're processing about 30k-50k votes per day which, to me, seems reasonable given the capital constraints.
To follow up on this, the recently filed federal lawsuit is having its preliminary hearing. It's essentially a re-filing of the lawsuit that was already thrown out of state court:
  • a blind woman went to vote
  • she was informed she had already voted
  • she claimed the vote on file was fraudulent
  • she was told the signature matched hers but a provisional ballot could be filed if she was willing to give a statement that she thought the existing ballot was fraudulent, so as to protect her from prosecution from attempting to vote multiple times
  • she declined to give such a statement
  • Her claims were investigated by the (Republican) Secretary of State and deemed meritless.

Reactions: dawp and dank69

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just want to throw this out there, for reactions. Not heard a thing but I am wondering: Is it possible that Obama will be appointed Secretary of State?

Status
Not open for further replies.