Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 739 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Musky boy wades into politics, Ukrainian Ambasador to Germany promptly tells him to stfu

Russia really have form in this area...
In 1774, following the Russo-Turkish War of 1768–74, the Russian and Ottoman empires agreed to refrain from interfering with Crimean Khanate through the Treaty of Küçük Kaynarca. In 1783, following the increasing decline of the Ottoman Empire, the Russian Empire annexed the Crimean Khanate.
Source

Only took them 9 years to reneg on a treaty back then.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
wtf musk?

first he supports Ukraine and now this?
dont understands

A common position I have seen among Republicans.

That we must appease Russia's invasion for Genocide. So that we do not risk making Putin mad. After all, he has nukes. Heaven forbid we don't sacrifice people to a volcano or something.
So they get this idiotic idea that Russia's PR claims are real. That Russians just want something "fair". Let's pretend no one heard Russians repeatedly vowing Genocide for the totality of Ukraine. That they only intend to stop at the Polish / NATO border.

Any notion of ceasefire before Russia's defeat and loss of territory is just begging Russia to recommit to this violence once more. They were appeased in 2014. If they are appeased in 2022, they will come back for more. Russia is weak today, Ukraine must strike while it can. Securing Crimea would secure Ukraine's future by greatly reducing the encirclement Russia can employ for its next invasion.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
As usual in such circumstances, rebellion is an act dangerously close to suicide, and choosing to take the bus ride always leaves an option for survival.

Stack on the ability of people to be delusional and illogically optimistic about their abilities and chances, it leads to the result where people want to believe the higher chance of survival is just playing it out and hoping for good luck, even beyond when odds have shifted in favor of rebellion.

Lastly, you need that someone to be the first for others to follow, which is rather rare. Until then it's follow the leader over the cliff, but once it breaks, it may go very quickly.

Frantic months are ahead

Yea but... I would have assumed that UKR would have had success in getting operatives drafted on the other side of the border. I mean that's a valid play is it not?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
G8pbXV3.png

Nice

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I suspect that as soon as some contracts are firmed up for more HIMARS that the 18 on order for Ukraine may also come out of stocks.

Reactions: Leeea

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
WTF is this even good for? I’m not aware of a carrier task force in the Black Sea. Do they expect to make a big wave and damage the shore? Is there even a tactical target along the coast somewhere?

The tactic is to spook. It's no coincidence N.K. is also stirring the pot.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The tactic is to spook. It's no coincidence N.K. is also stirring the pot.

Nothing to link on hand... not sure I would want to...

But speaking of spooking us, RT-America... aka Fox News, is going all out with Tucker tonight and doing everything to scream "nukes nukes nukes, you HAVE to let Putin win".

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Nothing to link on hand... not sure I would want to...

But speaking of spooking us, RT-America... aka Fox News, is going all out with Tucker tonight and doing everything to scream "nukes nukes nukes, you HAVE to let Putin win".
Yo, Make America Cowardly Again? :rolleyes:

... home of the brave...

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Tucker, Hannity, various talk radio douche canoes like Howie Carr; they would all much rather talk about Biden being "indifferent to nuclear war" than have people discussing sedition, insurrection and treason of Jan 6th, or the various ways they are still currently seeking to destroy the right to vote in this country.

Tucker in particular seems to sport constant wood for Putin, the amount of time he spends dwelling on how Russia should harm American interests - quite the Roger Stone cuckold look, just as creepy and unfathomable too.

I wonder if Putin thinks some kind of nuclear test will give Team Treason enough to work with to hurt Biden's popularity. Apparently it gnaws on him that Biden and Zelenskyy are quite popular over this war. That was his thunder, this was supposed to be like Crimea!

Last edited:

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
WTF is this even good for? I’m not aware of a carrier task force in the Black Sea. Do they expect to make a big wave and damage the shore? Is there even a tactical target along the coast somewhere?
Maybe to take out a carrier? Not sure if the battle group would see one of those coming or able to stop it though.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Maybe to take out a carrier? Not sure if the battle group would see one of those coming or able to stop it though.

It could put a serious hurt on a carrier battle group, I don't know if it could be intercepted or not. Probably with some luck, it's got to be noisy when running fast.

Of course, you may as well nuke a US city if you're gonna nuke a carrier battle group, you're going to get the same sort of reply.

Nov 17, 2019
Going well is it Vlad?

"New arrivals in Istanbul described the situation in Russia as “rapidly deteriorating,” and many feared being trapped.

“If you stay, you may never be able to leave, and if you want to (leave) you better act fast,” she explained.

Likening the situation to the aftermath of Russia’s 1917 revolution, when hundreds of thousands of “white Russians” found refuge in Istanbul while fleeing the Bolsheviks, Rapoport said those fleeing felt they no longer had a future in their homeland."

But this is also interesting from earlier in the same article:

"While those who left Russia in the immediate aftermath of its February invasion of Ukraine were a “well-educated, Western-oriented, cosmopolitan crowd,” now her organization was seeing “just about everyone who can escape the country.”

“Many of these people used to support Putin, they used to cheer for the war,” she said. “When it was from the safety of their homes and there was nothing at stake for them it was fine. But now they don’t want to support this by their actions.

“They don’t want to support it with their lives. They don’t want to go and fight and die in this war.”"

First part is the brain drain, but the second says they were OK with killing civilians as long as they weren't the ones getting shot at for killing civilians.