Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1247 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Last I checked Russia wouldn't let their super jets fly outside of Russian territory because they were afraid they would be shot down, lol.
They are too unreliable and there stealth sucks. They didn’t want us to know at first. We know now anyway.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Russian society is top to bottom lies because it’s a degenerate culture. I think the west’s problem is we believed too many of their lies - Ukraine exposed this.

A US general (forgot which one) when we were on better terms with the Russians asked one of their generals about deficiencies in their tanks that the sold to Iraq, namely their tendency to sent their turrets skyward and kill their crews in a huge ball of fire. The Russian general indicated those were export models and that the same thing would not happen to their tanks. Said US general was ah quite skeptical.

Among the many roadsigns that our assessments, happily led on by Russian claims, were very much incorrect.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Oh look, another devastating rebuttal of infant like denial and some tweets from fellow idiots. You're jumping on the current Fox drug addict campaign, eh? Why doesn't that surprise me? Hey chuckles, guess who has one of the highest rates of both alcoholism and heroin related deaths in the world? Hint: it's not Ukraine. HIV is rampant in Russia isn't it? All those dirty needles *tsk tsk*

Hrmm, an independent judiciary, freedom of the press, a military that works, currency that doesn't double as toilet paper. Yep, pretty rough over here. Poland, the Baltics, they've all prospered since going with the West, and the numbers have been provided to you in this thread before. Higher GDP, life expectancy and population growth all around. The US has multiple states with bigger economies than all of Russia, even the smaller ones have much higher standards of living. It makes your butthurt regarding the Russian shit hole understandable I guess. I haven't been but everyone I know who has says the same thing fski does; outside of St. Pete you aren't missing anything. Proceed directly to Turkey.

I still just can't grasp your need to embarrass yourself this much, for war criminals. Truly bizarre if you aren't getting paid. It's like you're as allergic to having dignity as you are facts.

Most can see Russia spiraling the drain, even China. Moscow is getting sanctioned by another Federation member now FFS. Look at them beg for NK ammo, trying to talk Algeria out of used shitty parts and weapons. Your talking heads in Russian state media seem to get it. Some are still acting tough, many seem like they are losing their minds, but I think they all understand Russia is fucked. Just wait until Joe gets re-elected and Russia sees another 4 years of eating shit ahead of them. Your tears will sustain me cyka.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I love how he’s boasting that NATO could never defeat the mighty army of Russia in a stand up fight, who is currently losing to a developing country.

Lol.

America may not be great at counter insurgency but we easily obliterated better armies than the rotted husk of what’s left of Russia’s. Our biggest mistake was not realizing what a joke Russia’s army really is, at least as compared to America’s.

It's so pathetically sad it's hard to find a comparison.

Is like the US invading Mexico to go after the cartels, only to have the every branch of the United States armed forces decimated, and Mexico ends up patrolling the Gulf with a fleet of repainted and fully kitted carriers.

USS Gerald R. Ford gets rebadged as the ARM Pablo Escobar ...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
NATO is already getting embarrassed. Lost a war against the Taliban and about to lose another one.

But continue to put your faith in our demented, senile president coming out on top of all of this. His administration has done great job of wrecking our foreign policy and creating more adversaries than ever. Him calling Putin and MBS thugs and pariahs sure is doing wonders for the price of gas at the pump here at home⛽️

lol at invoking a fucking Tucker Carlson screed as if it's your own words you fucking cock-colored stain.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

I guess he woke out of his coma to have a meeting with Putin🏥

When are you guys going to wake up and realized you’re being propagandized about how this is all going? Putin looks very healthy as well. Does have ass cancer, shingles, dementia, Parkinson’s or anything else the media had you believe last year either.

Wake up.

look at this fucking disease.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
This is getting a distinct Slowspyder turd smell to it…

Edit: Russia has really screwed itself over across the board. Continues the fuckery no lube, dick all busted up, asshole torn to shreds.

The one thing Putin used to be good at. Gone. All that is left now is the botfarms.

Grasshopper; is it because you like self punishment that you keep picking the losers?

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Russia destroys its own fighter aircraft with an S-300 missile.

Great news! Reminds of a joke that goes around among the Latvians which, I think was a Polish joke, but let's update for modern times:

Russian Captain to weapon contractor: The enemy airforce is devastating us, we need missiles!
--purchases missiles that only work surface to surface. keep getting killed by airforce. Captain returns to contractor.
Russian idiot: No! We need surface to aircraft missile! These do not work!
--purchases new SAMs. Very effective! But there is still a problem....
Russian idiot, displeased: No! We need surface to enemy aircraft missiles!

misuspita

Jul 15, 2006
For all the talk about NATO, I'm not sure Russia in it's current state could even take on, say, Poland and come out ahead. In fact, I'd bet large sums of money that Poland would expand their borders quite a bit in that conflict.
Unfortunately, they have the nuclear umbrella. No country would dare attack the russians, because it's very visible that even a 21 century Russia doesn't give a flying fwck about their own population, so it is easily conceivable that it would send a nuclear missile into Poland without caring about the consequences if it was really losing.

That is their only real defence... The losing will come from the inside, because they will collapse as a federation and break up into smaller countries if enough pressure is put by the whole world

Reactions: cytg111

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Unfortunately, they have the nuclear umbrella. No country would dare attack the russians, because it's very visible that even a 21 century Russia doesn't give a flying fwck about their own population, so it is easily conceivable that it would send a nuclear missile into Poland without caring about the consequences if it was really losing.

That is their only real defence... The losing will come from the inside, because they will collapse as a federation and break up into smaller countries if enough pressure is put by the whole world

I should have specified, but my comments were only focused on conventional conflicts. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Russians on state TV continue to affirm Ukraine is only the beginning, and proclaim their Genocidal goals for the future.
@Young Grasshopper will be very happy to hear that Russia plans to murder well over 100 million people.

Russian State TV Lays Out Plans for New Empire

The Russian empire, otherwise known as Imperial Russia, was the final period of the Russian monarchy lasting from 1721 until its dissolution in 1917. The empire expanded over much of northern Eurasia, encompassing almost one-sixth of Earth's landmass. Modern day countries within in the territory included Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Poland and Georgia.

Reactions: hal2kilo

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Russians on state TV continue to affirm Ukraine is only the beginning, and proclaim their Genocidal goals for the future.
@Young Grasshopper will be very happy to hear that Russia plans to murder well over 100 million people.

Russian State TV Lays Out Plans for New Empire

The Russian empire, otherwise known as Imperial Russia, was the final period of the Russian monarchy lasting from 1721 until its dissolution in 1917. The empire expanded over much of northern Eurasia, encompassing almost one-sixth of Earth's landmass. Modern day countries within in the territory included Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, Poland and Georgia.
Sounds like a lover of peace such as himself should pray for Russia’s defeat so they don’t start any more wars.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Not now, Serbia.

well, this is one of those times when I don't want NATO to have some fun again. but I mean...wtf are they thinking?

maybe another little Wagner insurrection is part of it.

and honestly, looking at what those fucking terrorists are doing in Mali/Niger/et al, wtf doesn't France/US/NATO just step in and roll over those motherfuckers? They "aren't Russia," according to the least vlad, so it's not like he has any recourse to retaliate if his not-really-a-mercenary group gets wiped out, yet again.

France has basically ceded all of that. And as predictably, it turns out that about 80% of the twatter traffic in that part of Africa is dedicated to pro-Russian, pro-Wagner propaganda.

Of course Musk is for free speech, as long as tyrants are allowed to keep his little despot platform afloat wherever it gets the most traffic.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
and honestly, looking at what those fucking terrorists are doing in Mali/Niger/et al, wtf doesn't France/US/NATO just step in and roll over those motherfuckers?
Honestly? I think too many constituents from too many countries are too ignorant/stupid to understand what's happening. Any commitment to anything abroad will be crafted by some political opponent (paid by RU or otherwise) to be 'wasting the countries effort in foreign wars of aggression blah blah blah taxpayer blah imperialism blah blah'. Fear of political suicide by tiny balled politicians afraid of other tiny balled politicians.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Russian society is top to bottom lies because it’s a degenerate culture. I think the west’s problem is we believed too many of their lies - Ukraine exposed this.
Russians were primed for the Ukrainian invasion. When the state media is so pervasive, I think its hard to escape some of the emotional jingoism employed.

This is a long but excellent thread on the cultural tools used by Putin leading up to the 2014 Ukrainian shenanigans;

1696045900789.png

Source

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
well, this is one of those times when I don't want NATO to have some fun again. but I mean...wtf are they thinking?

maybe another little Wagner insurrection is part of it.

and honestly, looking at what those fucking terrorists are doing in Mali/Niger/et al, wtf doesn't France/US/NATO just step in and roll over those motherfuckers? They "aren't Russia," according to the least vlad, so it's not like he has any recourse to retaliate if his not-really-a-mercenary group gets wiped out, yet again.

France has basically ceded all of that. And as predictably, it turns out that about 80% of the twatter traffic in that part of Africa is dedicated to pro-Russian, pro-Wagner propaganda.

Of course Musk is for free speech, as long as tyrants are allowed to keep his little despot platform afloat wherever it gets the most traffic.

The real question is why do France and the US have military bases in these countries to begin with? You really think it is to fight ‘terrorism’? It’s the same reason why we have military bases in Syria:

So we can plunder their natural resources like the thieves that we are.

Unfortunately for you, these new coup leaders have the support of the locals, which is why NATO members are getting the boot.

I’ll let this guy explain it: