Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1246 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Impressive, considering NATO hasn't entered the conflict.
Haha yes, exactly.

@Young Grasshopper you realize Russia is desperately struggling against gear that NATO was going to scrap or mothball for being too old, right? If the US military decided to enter this conflict you would know it immediately by the smoking craters where Russian air defense used to be, followed shortly by the smoking craters where the Russian Army used to be.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
NATO is already getting embarrassed. Lost a war against the Taliban and about to lose another one.

But continue to put your faith in our demented, senile president coming out on top of all of this. His administration has done great job of wrecking our foreign policy and creating more adversaries than ever. Him calling Putin and MBS thugs and pariahs sure is doing wonders for the price of gas at the pump here at home⛽️
Putin and MBS are thugs and pariahs so what's your issue?

Reactions: igor_kavinski

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
Impressive, considering NATO hasn't entered the conflict.

Sure they haven’t. When is NATO going to start putting boots on the ground? Let’s see NATO put their money where their mouth is if they care about Ukraine so much. Of course they won’t.

Joe Biden: ‘We don’t want war with Russia’.

Of course you never hear Putin make weak statements like this.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Because he's a warmonger.

If NATO actually entered the conflict, it would be over in 72 hours. They don't need to though, Ukraine is doing a fine job beating the shit out of Russia with 20 year old castoffs and consumer drones.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Sure they haven’t. When is NATO going to start putting boots on the ground? Let’s see NATO put their money where their mouth is if they care about Ukraine so much. Of course they won’t.

They don't need to. They just have to shuffle unused/expiring weapons systems to Ukraine. You know, the 3rd rate power that has stuffed the mighty Russian military.

If NATO were to REALLY enter this, it would be over faster than a Taylor Swift relationship.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
NATO is already getting embarrassed. Lost a war against the Taliban and about to lose another one.

But continue to put your faith in our demented, senile president coming out on top of all of this. His administration has done great job of wrecking our foreign policy and creating more adversaries than ever. Him calling Putin and MBS thugs and pariahs sure is doing wonders for the price of gas at the pump here at home⛽️

So why is Russia so concerned about NATO giving Ukraine advanced fighter jets?

russian-special-operation.jpg

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The lover of peace, ladies and gentlemen.

Although I guess NATO entering the war would be a quick way to bring about peace, haha. In my lifetime there were several other cases where Russian equipped armies thought they could take the US military in a stand up fight. They were…quickly disabused of that delusion.

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007

Russian President Vladimir Putin met Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov in the Kremlin Thursday, Russian news agency TASS reported.

The meeting comes after unconfirmed reports in some Ukrainian and social media that Putin-ally Kadyrov was in a coma and fighting for his life. At the time, the Kremlin said it had no information on Kadyrov’s health.

I guess he woke out of his coma to have a meeting with Putin🏥

When are you guys going to wake up and realized you’re being propagandized about how this is all going? Putin looks very healthy as well. Does have ass cancer, shingles, dementia, Parkinson’s or anything else the media had you believe last year either.

Wake up.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
"We don't want to kill you" - is a weak statement?
I could see an Orc coming to such a conclusion.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Btw, I suspect his handlers require direct replies, so if you're going to, I suggest just responding in line to starve him.
It’s really funny to watch his progression in this thread. Earlier on he was saying Ukraine should surrender because he just wants peace and to save lives and now he’s here openly, bloodthirstily wishing for a war between NATO and Russia.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
It’s really funny to watch his progression in this thread. Earlier on he was saying Ukraine should surrender because he just wants peace and to save lives and now he’s here openly, bloodthirstily wishing for a war between NATO and Russia.

Bud, I’m not the one boasting how great NATO is. If they are so powerful, how about setting some boots on the ground? If it is so easy to crush Russia? Put up or shut up is all I’m saying. There is a reason why they can march into Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan but WONT do the same against Russia. Think about that.

Easy to try and bully countries with no real military, but won’t dare to try and take on Russia directly. They’ll use their Ukrainian patsy’s instead, and will still get humiliated in the process.

But keep playing the usual map games where Ukraine has captured Rabotyne for the 29th time.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017

I guess he woke out of his coma to have a meeting with Putin🏥

When are you guys going to wake up and realized you’re being propagandized about how this is all going? Putin looks very healthy as well. Does have ass cancer, shingles, dementia, Parkinson’s or anything else the media had you believe last year either.

Wake up.

Window cancer is a huge problem for Putin. Give it a few years to fully metastasize.

Kadyrov still looks just as fat and useless as he did prior to the alleged coma. Diabetes is a more imminent threat than assassination.

Why does Russia continue to fail and lose ground?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Bud, I’m not the one boasting how great NATO is. If they are so powerful, how about setting some boots on the ground? If it is so easy to crush Russia? Put up or shut up is all I’m saying. There is a reason why they can march into Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan but WONT do the same against Russia. Think about that.

Easy to try and bully countries with no real military, but won’t dare to try and take on Russia directly. They’ll use their Ukrainian patsy’s instead, and will still get humiliated in the process.

But keep playing the usual map games where Ukraine has captured Rabotyne for the 29th time.
The lover of peace once again thirsting for war.

Dude, you know as well as I do that Russia’s military has been exposed as a clown show. Just own the humiliation.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
The lover of peace once again thirsting for war.

Dude, you know as well as I do that Russia’s military has been exposed as a clown show. Just own the humiliation.
The best part of the Russian military is a bunch of mercenaries and half century old weapons developed primarily by the ancestors of those currently defending Ukraine.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The best part of the Russian military is a bunch of mercenaries and half century old weapons developed primarily by the ancestors of those currently defending Ukraine.
I love how he’s boasting that NATO could never defeat the mighty army of Russia in a stand up fight, who is currently losing to a developing country.

Lol.

America may not be great at counter insurgency but we easily obliterated better armies than the rotted husk of what’s left of Russia’s. Our biggest mistake was not realizing what a joke Russia’s army really is, at least as compared to America’s.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Ajay

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Then again Russia is a developing country by most standards. St. Petersburg was nice but Moscow was like a low rent New York and outside of those two cities the country is a shithole.

It’s just a garbage, degenerate country filled with degenerate people with a victim complex.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
For all the talk about NATO, I'm not sure Russia in it's current state could even take on, say, Poland and come out ahead. In fact, I'd bet large sums of money that Poland would expand their borders quite a bit in that conflict.

(note: this is not advocating for an escalation, simply commenting on a hypothetical to illustrate how crazy it is to suggest NATO is somehow weak because it won't enter a war where Russian can't even beat one of it's former little brothers)

Reactions: Meghan54 and RnR_au

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
For all the talk about NATO, I'm not sure Russia in it's current state could even take on, say, Poland and come out ahead. In fact, I'd bet large sums of money that Poland would expand their borders quite a bit in that conflict.

(note: this is not advocating for an escalation, simply commenting on a hypothetical to illustrate how crazy it is to suggest NATO is somehow weak because it won't enter a war where Russian can't even beat one of it's former little brothers)
It’s not really even NATO, as NATO is basically the US military. We are so far ahead of any other country it is not even funny.

The Russian army is a developing country army. It’s probably the best of the developing country armies but it’s just not in the same league as a real army, as shown in Ukraine.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
America may not be great at counter insurgency
Nobody is, we're just the most public ones that have recently been arrogant to try. There's a reason Afghanistan is called the graveyard of empires. We've added a few countries/regions to that list, but the point stands, some environments just do not lend themselves to traditional western warfare and occupation doctrine.

Reactions: pmv

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Nobody is, we're just the most public ones that have recently been arrogant to try. There's a reason Afghanistan is called the graveyard of empires. We've added a few countries/regions to that list, but the point stands, some environments just do not lend themselves to traditional western warfare and occupation doctrine.
I think insurgencies are less a contest of military might than political will, and people in the occupied country will almost always have more political will.

That being said, Ukraine is not an insurgency, it’s a stand up fight with a conventional military. If Russia provoked that fight with the US they would be obliterated.