• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Post the most nerdy/geeky joke you know!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CityShrimp

Member
Dec 14, 2006
177
0
0
Originally posted by: SparkyJJO
Originally posted by: Tobolo
Originally posted by: jst0ney
01010001 00111010 00100000 01001000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01001101 01101001 01100011 01110010 01101111 01110011 01101111 01100110 01110100 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100111 01101001 01101110 01100101 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100011 01101000 01100001 01101110 01100111 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00101101 01100010 01110101 01101100 01100010 00111111 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01000001 00111010 00100000 01001110 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 00101101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01111001 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100011 01101100 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110010 01101011 01101110 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100100 01110101 01110011 01110100 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01100100 01100001 01110010 01100100 00101110

LOL That is freaking great!
I've gotten many of these in here, but I don't get that one :confused: is it ASCII code?
Ya. find a binary to text converter online to see.
 

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
10,710
1
0
Originally posted by: Leros
Originally posted by: Kyteland
Why did Intel call their new chip "Pentium"? Because when you added 100 to 486, you got 586.657654132167...

What do you get when you cross a Lion with a Tiger?
A line perpendicular to both.

To an optimist, the glass is half full. To a pessimist, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
I don't get the pentium one.
Neither did I
 

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
10,710
1
0
Originally posted by: Rastus
Originally posted by: Leros
Originally posted by: Kyteland
Why did Intel call their new chip "Pentium"? Because when you added 100 to 486, you got 586.657654132167...

What do you get when you cross a Lion with a Tiger?
A line perpendicular to both.

To an optimist, the glass is half full. To a pessimist, the glass is half empty. To an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
I don't get the pentium one.
fdiv bug of the pentium60
Oh haha, nevermind.
 

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
10,710
1
0
Originally posted by: reverend boltron
What did the mathematician say after Thanksgiving dinner?

sqrt(-1/64)

A biologist, a physicist and a mathematician were sitting in a street cafe watching the crowd. Across the street they saw a man and a woman entering a building. Ten minutes later they reappeared together with a third person.

The biologist said, "They must have bred while they were in there."
The physicist said, "Oh noes! An error in measurement."
The mathematician said, "If one more person enters the building, it will be empty again."
Those are hilarious. ;) NICE ONES
 

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
10,710
1
0
Originally posted by: Windogg
A real old one. Most kids won't get this one.

Q: What do you get when you cross Lee Iacocca with Count Dracula?
A: autoexec.bat
Too cheesey ;) :p
 

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
5,747
1
0
Originally posted by: CityShrimp
Originally posted by: SparkyJJO
Originally posted by: Tobolo
Originally posted by: jst0ney
01010001 00111010 00100000 01001000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01001101 01101001 01100011 01110010 01101111 01110011 01101111 01100110 01110100 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100111 01101001 01101110 01100101 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100011 01101000 01100001 01101110 01100111 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00101101 01100010 01110101 01101100 01100010 00111111 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01000001 00111010 00100000 01001110 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 00101101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01111001 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100011 01101100 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110010 01101011 01101110 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100100 01110101 01110011 01110100 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01100100 01100001 01110010 01100100 00101110
LOL That is freaking great!
I've gotten many of these in here, but I don't get that one :confused: is it ASCII code?
Ya. find a binary to text converter online to see.
Just to save everybody the effort.

Q: How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light-bulb?
A: None - they just declare darkness to be industry standard.

I'm fluent in binary. :Q
 
Apr 14, 2003
100
0
0
A byte walks into a bar and orders a pint. The bartender notices a sad expression on the byte and asks "What's wrong?" to which the byte replies "Parity Error". The bartender nods and says "Yeah, you looked a bit off".
 

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
5,895
0
0
Originally posted by: DaShen
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Originally posted by: reverend boltron
What did the mathematician say after Thanksgiving dinner?

sqrt(-1/64)
I don't get this one.
i/8 -> i over eight ;) :p
oh man! LOL! this IS geeky i would never get it. and i was a math minor in college
 

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
12,028
281
126
Two hydrogen atoms are walking down the street. One says, "hey I think I lost an electron back there"! The other says, "are you positive"?
 

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
11,183
610
126
Originally posted by: GeneralDisarray
A byte walks into a bar and orders a pint. The bartender notices a sad expression on the byte and asks "What's wrong?" to which the byte replies "Parity Error". The bartender nods and says "Yeah, you looked a bit off".
Haha I like this one :beer:
 

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
6,128
0
76
So an isotope is talking to a guy and says:"I don't know man, I've been feeling really negetive lately."
And the guy responds:"Oh my gosh, a talking isotope!"
 

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
8,636
0
0
Originally posted by: Smartazz
So an isotope is talking to a guy and says:"I don't know man, I've been feeling really negetive lately."
And the guy responds:"Oh my gosh, a talking isotope!"
/groan
 

palswim

Golden Member
Nov 23, 2003
1,049
0
71
www.palswim.net
Originally posted by: CityShrimp
Originally posted by: SparkyJJO
Originally posted by: Tobolo
Originally posted by: jst0ney
01010001 00111010 00100000 01001000 01101111 01110111 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01001101 01101001 01100011 01110010 01101111 01110011 01101111 01100110 01110100 00100000 01100101 01101110 01100111 01101001 01101110 01100101 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100011 01101000 01100001 01101110 01100111 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00101101 01100010 01110101 01101100 01100010 00111111 00001101 00001010 00001101 00001010 01000001 00111010 00100000 01001110 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 00101101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01111001 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100100 01100101 01100011 01101100 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100100 01100001 01110010 01101011 01101110 01100101 01110011 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01100010 01100101 00100000 01101001 01101110 01100100 01110101 01110011 01110100 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01100100 01100001 01110010 01100100 00101110

LOL That is freaking great!
I've gotten many of these in here, but I don't get that one :confused: is it ASCII code?
Ya. find a binary to text converter online to see.
http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayG...d/Binary_Conversion/Binary_To_Text.asp
 

palswim

Golden Member
Nov 23, 2003
1,049
0
71
www.palswim.net
Originally posted by: Kyteland
Why did Intel choose to call their new chip "Pentium" instead of "586"? Because when you added 100 to 486, you got 586.657654132167...
Here's a modification, so hopefully the joke will make more sense.
 

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
8,636
0
0
Originally posted by: palswim
Originally posted by: Kyteland
Why did Intel choose to call their new chip "Pentium" instead of "586"? Because when you added 100 to 486, you got 586.657654132167...
Here's a modification, so hopefully the joke will make more sense.
ah ha! much better joke
 

Spamela

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
3,859
0
76
Q: what's the dual of the traveling salesman problem?

A: the farmer's daughter problem.
 

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
6,061
0
0
On the glass half full...
The engineer says that the glass is over-designed.
The accountant demands an audit.


A physicist, a mathmatician, and an economist are stranded on a deserted island. The only food on the island is a case of canned beans. There is nothing on the island that could be used to open the can. The physicist says, "Hey, if we build a fire, I can calculate the idle spot and amount of wood we need to make the can explode open." The mathmatician brightens up and says, "Great idea! I have some distribution models I can apply and we can calculate where all the beans will land. We can put leaves down to catch them!" The economist shakes his head and says, "It would just be easier if we assumed we had a can opener."
 

Vertimus

Banned
Apr 2, 2004
1,441
0
0
Q: What?s the value of a contour integral around
Western Europe?
A: Zero, because all the Poles are in Eastern Europe.

Q: What is a topologist?
A: Someone who cannot distinguish between a
doughnut and a coffee cup.

Q: What do you get if you cross a mosquito with a
mountain climber?
A: You can?t cross a vector with a scalar.

Q: What is a compact city?
A: It?s a city that can be guarded by finitely many
nearsighted policemen.

Q: Why can?t you grow wheat in Z/6Z?
A: It?s not a field.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY