Pipe bomb detonated in downtown Manhattan

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, we need one that supports the M
uslim Brotherhood.
No, we need to support the one who sold out to actual terrorists who killed Americans over Lockerbie.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...8/donald-trump-wanted-moammar-gaddafis-money/
The presumptive Republican presidential nominee recently acknowledged that he made a deal with Gaddafi in 2011 to allow the Libyan leader to set up a tent on Trump's estate while visiting New York. The deal eventually fell through, though it still netted him "a lot of money," the business mogul told CBS in an interview that aired this weekend.
longform-original-15728-1465332977-3.jpg
https://www.buzzfeed.com/danielwagner/how-trump-tried-to-get-qaddafis-cash
As the tent controversy raged in the press, Trump called Libya’s U.S. public relations firm to ask “if we could maybe quiet it down,” said Chris Herbert, who had been hired by the agency, Brown Lloyd James, to help coordinate Qaddafi’s visit.

Then Trump got down to business, Herbert recalled, saying, “Let’s not worry about the tent, I’m interested in having a meeting with Qaddafi.” Trump said he wanted to discuss business opportunities involving “the Mediterranean waterfront and construction,” Herbert recalled.
This man will sell out his country for personal gain or even vanity.

Reactions: MongGrel and Aegeon

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Gaddafi's dead where as Hillary can still support the Muslim Brotherhood.
Also... your quote makes it sound like he fleeced the dictator out of money.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

You should have stopped reading Breitbart long ago, but apparently you still read/listen to that crap even when it is directly involved in Trumps campaign at this point.

I would not be surprised at all if Trump did not make money harboring Gaddafi at the time.

Makes issues involving Putin and Trump seem minor almost, Trump seems to want to have sex with him almost to me.

But it would just be casual good, good sex in a strictly non homophobic way, I imagine.

Putin wants those small little hands on his body.

"lift those sanctions, big boy, come to me"

"Lets trade launch codes, Vlad, you crazy man"

I dunno, did I go overboard ?

:)

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
He did business with man with American blood on his hands. I guess you can celebrate that he made some money off of it, but it's an indication how low you have fallen morally.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Now let's review this from the top.

1. Hillary said she had been briefed about the "bombs".

2. Then reporter asked "“Do you have any reaction to the fact that Donald Trump, prior to taking the stage tonight, called the explosion tonight a bomb, and if that’s an appropriate term”?"

3. “I think it’s always wiser to wait until you have information before making conclusions because we are just in the beginning stages of trying to determine what happened.”

So, she was asked a *specific* question about Trump's comment on the bomb, nothing else, and she said you can't make conclusions, as in, Trump made one about a bomb, even though she just said bomb.

Then the entire media acts as if she never said bomb, then runs with #3 to say Trump wasn't justified in saying Bomb and Hillary was admonishing him for saying it (even though she said it).

This is why the media, and Illary, are fucking ridiculous.

Knowing your posting history and your amazingly ability to be duped I'd have to question your interpretation of what she said. Do you have a whole video of the exchange? From the parts that I heard, I didn't hear any attack on trump and the responses from both candidates seemed pretty much the same to me.

I'm under the impression that both candidates are getting security updates like this way before the press does. From what I've seen their responses are useless and really don't signify anything.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
He did business with man with American blood on his hands. I guess you can celebrate that he made some money off of it, but it's an indication how low you have fallen morally.
Really? Your heroes run around the world collecting money and peddling influence with perpetrators of mass genocide (Kagame), gay/women oppression (whole ME), among others. And you have the gall to talk about a private citizen in a business transaction?

And weren't we going to try and play nice with Quadaffi since he gave up his nuclear plans? Weren't we accepting him into the fold? Now why did that change?

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Really? Your heroes run around the world collecting money and peddling influence with perpetrators of mass genocide (Kagame), gay/women oppression (whole ME), among others. And you have the gall to talk about a private citizen in a business transaction?

And weren't we going to try and play nice with Quadaffi since he gave up his nuclear plans? Weren't we accepting him into the fold? Now why did that change?

Haha now THAT'S a new attempt at spin: 'since Qaddafi gave up his nuclear program Trump inviting him was actually a good thing!'

Never underestimate the power of motivated reasoning.

Feb 4, 2009

Funny how the Gay thing keeps coming up like I'm supposed to want to invade Iran because they persecute Gays. I'm against it here in the US, I'm against supporting extreme oppression somewhere else. That doesn't mean send in the troops.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Private citizen in a business transaction with America's enemy and killer of Americans? That's treason.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Private citizen in a business transaction with America's enemy and killer of Americans? That's treason.
Yeah, kinda like paying ransom to Iran, by passing congress, then lying to the us public repeatedly that cash had to be sent because they couldn't wire it only to later admit they did wire 1.3bn.

How many us soldiers has Iran killed by sponsoring terrorism and we just sent th em 1.7bn in money that we didn't have to pay them for people they illegally seized.

Want to keep playing this game?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, kinda like paying ransom to Iran, by passing congress, then lying to the us public repeatedly that cash had to be sent because they couldn't wire it only to later admit they did wire 1.3bn.

How many us soldiers has Iran killed by sponsoring terrorism and we just sent th em 1.7bn in money that we didn't have to pay them for people they illegally seized.

Want to keep playing this game?

The payment to Iran wasn't a 'ransom', it was money that had already been agreed upon as part of the Iran nuclear deal and this money was money we were already going to lose to Iran in arbitration. If anything, Obama got the US an excellent deal.

So yes, let's keep playing this game. I don't think you've read the rules. ;)

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
The payment to Iran wasn't a 'ransom', it was money that had already been agreed upon as part of the Iran nuclear deal and this money was money we were already going to lose to Iran in arbitration. If anything, Obama got the US an excellent deal.

So yes, let's keep playing this game. I don't think you've read the rules. ;)
Ohh, you mean the Iran deal Obama's guy admitted he lied to the us public and the press about? Why did the money not get released until the hostages were back? Why not go through congress or let the American people know?

I know the rules, but apparently you don't.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ohh, you mean the Iran deal Obama's guy admitted he lied to the us public and the press about? Why did the money not get released until the hostages were back? Why not go through congress or let the American people know?

I know the rules, but apparently you don't.

Because we were using the money we already had agreed to pay them in a separate deal and would have to have paid them through arbitration anyway to ensure that they returned our prisoners. Obama played them.

This is what happens when you only consume media that tells you what you want to hear. Sigh.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Trump provided material support to a terrorist who had American blood on his hands.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Can't say I'm surprised...I bet this is retaliation for that imam who was murdered a few weeks back. This, people, is why hate will never stop hate. I fear we've passed a point of no return here...