Pipe bomb detonated in downtown Manhattan

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Haha the ugly thing to witness is you getting your panties in a twist as he nearly ties her in the polls.

Fact was he was right, it was a bomb, period....who knows what information he had at the time of his statement.

I'm quite confident that she will win regardless, but it says a lot that you think people would only condemn his erratic behavior because they were worried he would win.

If anything it should be the opposite, no? I mean surely even you can admit this guy is a piece of shit.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Good god, making this about Trump. People are just OBSESSED with the man. When he loses in Nov, I think some folks are going to have a hard time knowing what to do with themselves. (OR.. they'll just keep the obsession rolling. I hate to say it, but I KNOW it'll be the later.)

As for all the calling a bomb going off a bombing- and beyond that calling a bombing 'terrorism' stuff:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/18/us/new-york-explosion/

CNN law enforcement analyst Tom Fuentes said the information authorities have revealed so far about the blast leads him to a troubling conclusion.

"It tells me that it was a rather large explosive device that someone built and someone detonated and caused the injury of dozens of people. ... It shows me it's a deliberate act and indicates an act of terrorism," he said. "Whether it's domestic terrorism or international, we don't know, but it certainly would have an appearance that somebody made an attempt to kill people, on purpose."

But CNN national security analyst Juliette Kayyem said it's too soon to label the blast a terror attack without knowing the motivations behind the explosion. Terrorism, she said, generally has political or religious motives behind it.

"I think it's premature to call it terrorism until we know -- unless you want to define terrorism as any violent act in an urban area -- but given that there's no proof of motivation, you wouldn't be able to bring a terrorism case, so to speak, today," she said. "You certainly would be able to bring other types of cases if you found the culprit."

Another obsession we as a society have all stumbled into, what to label something, as if it really mattered a whole hill of beans.

In my book, it's not unreasonable to call someone deliberately placing a large explosive device in public, designed to kill indiscriminately, terrorism, as opposed to just random ordinary crime, drug dealers shooting each other etc. It's not just a "violent act", - a violent act is a mugger stabbing a victim deliberately. There's a 'terror" objective always to doing something like placing a large bomb where you know it will kill and injure a bunch of random people, and the perp isn't even anywhere nearby. (No, no no zaap! Some people just plant bombs and set them off in random crowds as a really efficient way of mugging people!)

Of course, one shouldn't jump to conclusions without facts about WHO is responsible, but just the label of terrorism in such an incident I don't think is misplaced. And calling a bombing a bombing... come on. That's just nitpicky stupid.

But then again, I get that all these stupid labels have become politicized, so now everyone is afraid of having their political bogeymen triggered just by using the labels. (ie: terrorism= "You MUST mean Islamic!")

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I'm quite confident that she will win regardless, but it says a lot that you think people would only condemn his erratic behavior because they were worried he would win.

If anything it should be the opposite, no? I mean surely even you can admit this guy is a piece of shit.

Erratic? How about Clinton calling it a bomb and then lambasting calling it a bomb? IN A SINGLE MINUTE.
Democrats have been silent on her confusion.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Erratic? How about Clinton calling it a bomb and then lambasting calling it a bomb? IN A SINGLE MINUTE.

Yes, erratic. Are you trying to say you don't think Trump behaves erratically? Also, you do accept his attacks on that federal judge were racist, right?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
screen-shot-2016-09-18-at-1-33-06-pm.png
Because terrorizing chelsea, the center of nyc lgbtq lifestyle, makes sense.

We are going to kill lgbtq so everybody else accepts them!!

I would be extremely surprised if this turned out to be legit.

Last edited:

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
I think it might be a wonder no one died in St. Cloud.

Looks like he might have been using a hybrid kukri/machete.

CsqQHfVUEAA48FT.jpg

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Trump seems to be the confused one, he sure leaped to assuming things off the cuff.

But when has that ever happened ?

shrub_gump2a.gif

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Bullshit. She deflected the question about Trump entirely going instead in the direction of needing more information.

It's really amazing what Hillary haters can make out of anything.

"I’ve been briefed about the bombings... [BUT DO NOT CALL THEM THAT!]"
And you defend that mental breakdown?

Not to mention lockstep drive by assaults from the media, per the command of their leader, insane as it is.
Deplorable is blindly jumping off the cliff with Hillary.

Last edited:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Bullshit. She deflected the question about Trump entirely going instead in the direction of needing more information.

It's really amazing what Hillary haters can make out of anything.

She called them ********BOMBINGS*********. It is exactly what Trump called them. FFS, get your head out of her crotch and think a bit.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Trump is unfit to be a commander in chief.

Yeah, because Hillary being part of the WarHawk movement to cause a humanitarian crisis of global proportions and then exporting terrorists all over the globe while influence peddling everywhere, makes her perfectly fit. Her policies have fucking failed, all of them. She isn't fit to walk a dog and more and more of the US population is waking up to it.

You guys picked identity politics over practicality and are going to pay for it.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
So retarded that I posted this in ATOT because P&N is a fucking joke on these forums with all of you morons having to pick a side and defend it like your life depends on it, then mods had to move it here and now it's a Trump vs Hilary thread.

Reactions: Humpy

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, because Hillary being part of the WarHawk movement to cause a humanitarian crisis of global proportions and then exporting terrorists all over the globe while influence peddling everywhere, makes her perfectly fit. Her policies have fucking failed, all of them. She isn't fit to walk a dog and more and more of the US population is waking up to it.
You guys picked identity politics over practicality and are going to pay for it.
Bob Gates agrees with me. If Trump doesn't have the respect and support of people like Bob Gates, he can not lead our military, and is unfit to be our commander in chief.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
She called them ********BOMBINGS*********. It is exactly what Trump called them. FFS, get your head out of her crotch and think a bit.

You are truly delusional. She didn't answer the question about trump calling it a bomb, at all. She already called it a bomb, herself, you poor desperate soul. She said we need more information before we call it more than that.

It's astounding how you'll believe the headline before you read the story. It's exactly what the right wing media depends on you doing.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
You are truly delusional. She didn't answer the question about trump calling it a bomb, at all. She already called it a bomb, herself, you poor desperate soul. She said we need more information before we call it more than that.

It's astounding how you'll believe the headline before you read the story. It's exactly what the right wing media depends on you doing.

Now let's review this from the top.

1. Hillary said she had been briefed about the "bombs".

2. Then reporter asked "“Do you have any reaction to the fact that Donald Trump, prior to taking the stage tonight, called the explosion tonight a bomb, and if that’s an appropriate term”?"

3. “I think it’s always wiser to wait until you have information before making conclusions because we are just in the beginning stages of trying to determine what happened.”

So, she was asked a *specific* question about Trump's comment on the bomb, nothing else, and she said you can't make conclusions, as in, Trump made one about a bomb, even though she just said bomb.

Then the entire media acts as if she never said bomb, then runs with #3 to say Trump wasn't justified in saying Bomb and Hillary was admonishing him for saying it (even though she said it).

This is why the media, and Illary, are fucking ridiculous.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Now let's review this from the top.

1. Hillary said she had been briefed about the "bombs".

2. Then reporter asked "“Do you have any reaction to the fact that Donald Trump, prior to taking the stage tonight, called the explosion tonight a bomb, and if that’s an appropriate term”?"

3. “I think it’s always wiser to wait until you have information before making conclusions because we are just in the beginning stages of trying to determine what happened.”

So, she was asked a *specific* question about Trump's comment on the bomb, nothing else, and she said you can't make conclusions, as in, Trump made one about a bomb, even though she just said bomb.

Then the entire media acts as if she never said bomb, then runs with #3 to say Trump wasn't justified in saying Bomb and Hillary was admonishing him for saying it (even though she said it).

This is why the media, and Illary, are fucking ridiculous.

What part of dodging the question do you fail to comprehend?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
In these serious and dangerous times, we can't afford to have a joke like Trump as President.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Yeah, we need one that supports the Muslim Brotherhood.

I would not be surprised Drumpf would not do a full flip flop on that one either and blame Clinton in the near future for that one also, after the birther thing.

Drumpf could say Thomas Jefferson and John Adams flew the planes into the twin towers on 9/11, and George Washington planned it all, and some twits would believe it. Apparently.