Pipe bomb detonated in downtown Manhattan

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I heard on the radio it was a partially failed bomb. It was several chained together, but only one went off.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Limited info right now... Twitter looks like it's the main source of info right now for news where I am.

What I've heard so far is there may be a building collapse, may be a dumpster that blew up, possible injuries.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Hope no one's seriously injured.

This isn't far from the Flatiron Building.. me and my spouse were just taking some pics together just last weekend.

Hope they have cameras to catch whoever placed it.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
The race had been scheduled to start shortly before the blast occurred, but it was delayed due to the large numbers of people registering for the race and reports of an unattended backpack being found. Della Fave noted that if the race had started on time, a “good number of people” would have been running past the area where the explosion occurred.

Dang.

+1 for people wanting to benefit Marines and sailors.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Heard the number is 29 hurt, multiple people in serious condition. Also, another bomb was found on another street, can't remember the street it was found on.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Terrorism a new normal for America?
Not that attacks are unheard of... but the frequency is really ramping up, is it not?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Sputnik news breaks the story?

Like social media, the actual media does little more than "retweet" articles as their own. Their info is shared on a global network. Anyone can pick it up and run with any story. The source is largely unimportant unless you have cause to look for bias or falsehoods.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Don't forget the 4 marathon pipe bombs. And St. Cloud MN had a knife/machete attack, 6 people injured, apparent somali.

It's just global warming.

Or an "intentional explosion", but *NEVER* a terrorist attack.

That Machete attack in NYC the other day was nothing too.

BTW, anybody know what happened to the Central Park bomb from a few months ago??

These fucking news people are a joke. "You might se a pressure cooker on the street corner. Kinda like how you see garbage". lol. Yeah, I think I passed stacks of duct taped, wire drapped, cell phone equipped, pressure cookers on NYC sidewalks dozens of times. Nobody in NYC thinks anything of them.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Don't forget the 4 marathon pipe bombs. And St. Cloud MN had a knife/machete attack, 6 people injured, apparent somali.

BTW, anybody know what happened to the Central Park bomb from a few months ago??

These fucking news people are a joke. "You might se a pressure cooker on the street corner. Kinda like how you see garbage". lol. Yeah, I think I passed stacks of duct taped, wire drapped, cell phone equipped, pressure cookers on NYC sidewalks dozens of times. Nobody in NYC thinks anything of them.

having lived in Northern NJ all my life and now residing a mile away from Manhattan for awhile and gone through 9/11, the original WTC bomb attack and everything else we've been through I'm pretty sure we are going to do just fine without Trumpist yahoo fuckers like yourself trying to be the color commentator here. Now go fuck off.

Reactions: IronWing

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

4 marathon pipe bombs? How can we forgot something that didn't happen?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
having lived in Northern NJ all my life and now residing a mile away from Manhattan for awhile and gone through 9/11, the original WTC bomb attack and everything else we've been through I'm pretty sure we are going to do just fine without Trumpist yahoo fuckers like yourself trying to be the color commentator here. Now go fuck off.

Ruh Roh, somebody got triggered.

Reactions: rpsgc

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Waiting to see what sort of loser mental patients left bombs in front of a gym on a saturday.
Someone probably got rejected in the steam room.