NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 632 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Ha! Talk about projection!!! You think you're competent??? Forum consensus says otherwise, universally. In fact you are an incorrigible asshole = my response to your ridiculous ad hominem attack.

I don't envy you, one day you'll suffer a realization that really hurts.

You are immediately going back on the Ignore list, where you belong, quite possibly the person most deserving residing there.

Dude don't waste your time ... reaction = satisfaction is the way this thing works. (Might as well get upset with a 6 year old saying "nah-nah")

troll-face-meme-do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

I suggest NOT depriving yourself of the frequent and entertaining antics of our resident "special" members doing what they do best by using the ignore-list but do what's best for you! *(stress is a killer)

;)

Btw I'm NOT implying that I don't upon occasion troll some id10+ that desperately deserves it! (life can get dull sometimes!)

:p

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Dude don't waste your time ... reaction = satisfaction is the way this thing works. (Might as well get upset with a 6 year old saying "nah-nah")

I suggest NOT depriving yourself of the frequent and entertaining antics of our resident "special" members doing what they do best by using the ignore-list but do what's best for you! *(stress is a killer)

;)

Btw I'm NOT implying that I don't upon occasion troll some id10+ that desperately deserves it! (life can get dull sometimes!)

If I don't put certain people on my Ignore List, I generally wind up ignoring them anyway. Meaning I don't read their posts and just skip the discussions where they're put in their place. Those discussions get tiresome and distracting. I try not to make AT a lounge thing. That can be a battle. I could just unignore everybody and use that technique, maybe that's smarter, dunno.

Reactions: Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012

;)

If I don't put certain people on my Ignore List, I generally wind up ignoring them anyway. Meaning I don't read their posts and just skip the discussions where they're put in their place. Those discussions get tiresome and distracting. I try not to make AT a lounge thing. That can be a battle. I could just unignore everybody and use that technique, maybe that's smarter, dunno.
You guys have seen nothing if he's enough to rile you up.

Tedius Zanarukando is greater on the "far gone" meter, and I only got it by glean from then-past posts of his. Never directly interacted with him, as I joined the forum he was a part of years after he was banned.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
You guys have seen nothing if he's enough to rile you up.

Tedius Zanarukando is greater on the "far gone" meter, and I only got it by glean from then-past posts of his. Never directly interacted with him, as I joined the forum he was a part of years after he was banned.

Speaking only for myself there's nothing to be concerned about! ;)

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
Reactions: gill77 and Captante
Dec 10, 2005
Some possible good news from a generic cholesterol drug regarding covid infection rates:
This is more like a blip, to likely end up in the disposal bin of failed treatments. They should come back to us when they've done more than test in a lab setting.

Reactions: Ajay and Zorba

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
The Pentagon will require members of the U.S. military get the COVID-19 vaccine by Sept. 15, AP reports

That's not going to happen - at least not by then. It's logistically impossible. Especially if they're using any of the 2-dose vaccines.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
That's not going to happen - at least not by then. It's logistically impossible. Especially if they're using any of the 2-dose vaccines.
One shot is still technically vaccinated, just not fully. They can definitely make one shot happen by then.

Reactions: Muse

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
One shot is still technically vaccinated, just not fully. They can definitely make one shot happen by then.

Nah. How many different places in the world are there with US military, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Space Force(giggle) personnel? National Guard? Reserves? The National Guard has no idea which of their members are or are not vaccinated.

They will have to contact each location or outfit, determine how many unvaccinated each place has, order vaccines, get them, arrange for distribution - to ships, remote locations, etc., set up vaccination schedules, and probably a bunch of stuff I haven't even thought of. Believe me, the military doesn't work that fast. Not when EVERYTHING has to be done in triplicate. Not for hundreds of thousands of people.

I'll believe it when it happens.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Nah. How many different places in the world are there with US military, Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Space Force(giggle) personnel? National Guard? Reserves? The National Guard has no idea which of their members are or are not vaccinated.

They will have to contact each location or outfit, determine how many unvaccinated each place has, order vaccines, get them, arrange for distribution - to ships, remote locations, etc., set up vaccination schedules, and probably a bunch of stuff I haven't even thought of. Believe me, the military doesn't work that fast. Not when EVERYTHING has to be done in triplicate. Not for hundreds of thousands of people.

That's actually how the military operates. Directive comes from on high, gets disseminated to leadership at the local level, who enforces it by the enforcement date, whatever that happens to be. Distribution is only required to truly remote locations (the rest can rely on the local economy), and we can have an aircraft landing in any country in the world in 24 hours. Yeah it'll take time, but 45 days is more than enough.

Reactions: nakedfrog and Muse

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
That's actually how the military operates. Directive comes from on high, gets disseminated to leadership at the local level, who enforces it by the enforcement date, whatever that happens to be. Distribution is only required to truly remote locations (the rest can rely on the local economy), and we can have an aircraft landing in any country in the world in 24 hours. Yeah it'll take time, but 45 days is more than enough.
Active Military vaccination rate is over 70% already......they have fewer than 1.2M doses to administer to get the rest of the active and the reserves to 100%:

Reactions: Muse

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

It's really that on September 15th, it's now an order. When you get called to the infirmary, you must go and you must accept the shot, which might be September 15th or October 21st.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
It's really that on September 15th, it's now an order. When you get called to the infirmary, you must go and you must accept the shot, which might be September 15th or October 21st.
It is even more vague than that. The goal is to add it to the list by mid-September-ish, or whenever it gets full FDA approval, or whenever deemed necessary by the Defense Secretary, whichever comes first.

Rumors are full FDA approval will come end of August to early September. So, that is likely to be the earliest date.

Last edited: