NON_POLITICAL China Coronavirus THREAD

Page 631 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Ive never really thought he was a true troll, because he has normal post in nonpolitical threads, but he is certainly taken by propaganda.

He's an "Opportunistic Troll" !!! :p

ec7f0adbbee0d5e8a48d05edc73d3898.gif

Reactions: Zorba

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
You're a better man than I am rotfl. :p ;)
It is illogical to bring up someone's intellect if it isn't the point being discussed at hand and there are points to deal with. It becomes a matter of discussion in of itself.
Proving the point of stupid often distracts the conversation and the task at hand.

Despite the other thread where I admit being an emotional being. I also am quite able to be a rational being, I don't mind maths and logic. After all, I'm Asian. :p

Even the vile creatures who wronged me and trigger my anger, I take a step back and analyze their misconduct. How they won, the exploits they took advantage of. I've learned some practical smarts that way that I would not have known about otherwise.

I have even come to the conclusion stupidity is actually an evolutionary necessity. Mainly because too much intelligence leads to one too many Ted Bundys in the world. It's not a pleasing thing by any means, but necessary.

My ego doesn't tolerate mistakes, especially my own. I try to not make errors. In order to make sure I don't cross the line, I serve myself plenty of humble pie to be wary of things. Humility is empowering in such a manner; it prevents delusion.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
The Costco in a town I know used to never have job openings but they were advertising on Indeed, craigslist, etc a couple weeks ago. Used to be it was only the Virginia Costcos advertising. That Costco was never hiring.

Every place around me is advertising for help! My local grocery store was minimum wage & had a sign up today for $13 an hour starting pay. One of the Burger King's in the area is advertising $18.25 an hour. The local McDonalds is advertising that they'll pay for college. Target & Walmart are doing the same:

Amazing how they magically can come up with money & incentives that didn't exist before!

Nov 8, 2012
Herd immunity comes from vaccination all the time.
A lot of folks missed the point and just naturally labelled my point as anti vaxx for whatever reason. It's pretty hilarious seeing as how most folks here are likely college educated - but have issues discerning simple facts.

Anyhow, to your point above. The answer is... No. Herd immunity isn't a result of vaccination. Herd immunity is a result of the majority population having the overall antibodies of the current running virus. Hence why if you are vaccinated you are more prone to being asymptomatic - but still having and fighting the virus.

Vaccination is simply a result of lowering the overall death count substantially as part of that process to herd immunity. This can clearly be seen with the Delta variant spreading rapidly through the vaccinated populace.

This has been a public service announcement to bring folks back to reality. Hopefully nothing I said there is considered "controversial".

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and Captante

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
A lot of folks missed the point and just naturally labelled my point as anti vaxx for whatever reason. It's pretty hilarious seeing as how most folks here are likely college educated - but have issues discerning simple facts.

Anyhow, to your point above. The answer is... No. Herd immunity isn't a result of vaccination. Herd immunity is a result of the majority population having the overall antibodies of the current running virus. Hence why if you are vaccinated you are more prone to being asymptomatic - but still having and fighting the virus.

Vaccination is simply a result of lowering the overall death count substantially as part of that process to herd immunity. This can clearly be seen with the Delta variant spreading rapidly through the vaccinated populace.

This has been a public service announcement to bring folks back to reality. Hopefully nothing I said there is considered "controversial".
I think the river water you drank from your Stetson has led to you to post...a mishmash of sentences.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Every place around me is advertising for help! My local grocery store was minimum wage & had a sign up today for $13 an hour starting pay. One of the Burger King's in the area is advertising $18.25 an hour. The local McDonalds is advertising that they'll pay for college. Target & Walmart are doing the same:

Amazing how they magically can come up with money & incentives that didn't exist before!

It's a miracle!

• Haha
Reactions: Ajay

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

Damn, I'd suffer working at Target or Walmart for a 4 year degree! I had to work to pay for mine, and commute (yes, uphill, both ways - now get off my lawn!).

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Herd immunity is obtained through everyone naturally coming into contact with the virus and easily defeating it. Not with vaccines and NOT coming into contact with it.

Why do I have to explain these basic things to grown adults?

You are wrong, wrong, wrong.

People do NOT have to come into contact with the virus and defeat it. Vaccines can give them immunity to the disease by giving them the antibodies necessary to defeat it SHOULD they come into contact with it .If they never come into contact with it they will STILL be immunized against it.

Read and learn. That's what grown adults do.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
The amount if children impacted by delta is making me very nervous for my kiddos.
Yeah, if I had kids in elementary school, I'd be nervous right now too, with school starting back up. I seriously hate this virus at this point. My wife's a teacher (vaccinated) and so far, they are going back to in class teaching - it's a brutal decision, because remote learning deprived the kids of so much (especially K-2). I do sympathize with you and wish your family the the absolute best.

Delta is a game changer, as it can spread with mild to no symptoms from the vaccinated who are exposed. The 5+ y/o vaccine can't come soon enough - even though it must pass rigorous phase 3 testing and analysis.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Ive never really thought he was a true troll, because he has normal post in nonpolitical threads, but he is certainly taken by propaganda.
In OT, he behaves like an, almost, normal human being - at least by OT standards; though he is often poorly informed. In P&N, he is a complete troll - 100%.

Reactions: Captante and Zorba

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
When people say that "the virus doesn't effect kids" maybe give them a ride to the nearest pediatric COVID ward. They can tell the parents that.

Aug-07.jpg

Reactions: Captante and Zorba

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
. Herd immunity isn't a result of vaccination. Herd immunity is a result of the majority population having the overall antibodies of the current running virus.

And the "majority population having the overall antibodies of the current running virus" can be achieved through vaccination, thus resulting in herd immunity through vaccination. If enough people are vaccinated and develop antibodies, then even if the virus never shows up again, the population has herd immunity against that virus. .

Our herd immunity against polio was NOT achieved because everyone got polio, or because everyone magically showed up with antibodies for polio, but because enough people developed antibodies through vaccination that it wouldn't spread IF it showed up.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
One thing that hasn't been talked about recently is the liability part. I assume Pfizer will be able to keep the liability protection once fully approved but that it's possible that's not the case.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
One thing that hasn't been talked about recently is the liability part. I assume Pfizer will be able to keep the liability protection once fully approved but that it's possible that's not the case.

I really doubt they will lose indemnification. Their supply contracts are almost certainly predicated on it.

Reactions: Muse

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
And the "majority population having the overall antibodies of the current running virus" can be achieved through vaccination, thus resulting in herd immunity through vaccination. If enough people are vaccinated and develop antibodies, then even if the virus never shows up again, the population has herd immunity against that virus. .

Our herd immunity against polio was NOT achieved because everyone got polio, or because everyone magically showed up with antibodies for polio, but because enough people developed antibodies through vaccination that it wouldn't spread IF it showed up.

Feels like that user is just trolling....again...

Nov 8, 2012

Can asymptomatic people spread the virus? Be it Polio, COVID, etc?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I know the answer, you incompetent buffoon. The answer is what proves the point.
Ha! Talk about projection!!! You think you're competent??? Forum consensus says otherwise, universally. In fact you are an incorrigible asshole = my response to your ridiculous ad hominem attack.

I don't envy you, one day you'll suffer a realization that really hurts.

You are immediately going back on the Ignore list, where you belong, quite possibly the person most deserving residing there.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2012
Ha! Talk about projection!!! You think you're competent??? Forum consensus says otherwise, universally. In fact you are an incorrigible asshole = my response to your ridiculous ad hominem attack.

I don't envy you, one day you'll suffer a realization that really hurts.

You are immediately going back on my Ignore list, quite possibly it's most heinous resident.
Lol you're the one that started off with the insulting post broceritips. Try looking in the mirror on occasion - and probably take your Ritalin