[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 310 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Lisyanka Weekend Event

Event Starts: 03:30 PST on February 15, 2013

Event Ends: 03:00 PST on February 18, 2013
100% Credit Increase Per Battle & 50% Credit Discount for the Following Vehicles

VII IS IS
VII PzKpfw V Panther PzKpfw V Panther
V StuG III StuG III
V PzKpfw IV PzKpfw IV
50% Credit Discount on Consumables
50% Discount on Gold Consumables
x2 Crew Experieince Per Battle
10% Discount on 6 Months of Premium Time

Looks like I'll be playing my Panther the next few days. If the MM is kind to it. I dont play it much so not sure how it does these days. They need to offer the 50% off for extra tank slots. I need to pick up another three or four.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Well the tier 10 british TD is a MONSTER.

I think there is now no reason left to have the JPE. God damn I think wargaming can't balance a tank to save its life. The JPE has no turret, no speed, no camo, but at least it had a large cannon... but it can still do 0% crits.

Enter the british and the HESH rounds. Amazing pen on the hesh round, BUT if you hit tracks or something you still do partial damage. The tier 10 has a bigger gun, can do upwards of 2k damage a shot, has a 180 degree turret, faster, more maneuverable. Sure it has a 30 second reload, but so what!

The thing better get nerfed hard before it releases.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
How's the armor though? If its anything like the foch it'll get 1 shotted often by big arty.

Heh isnt this standard for most tanks? :D

Although I did get a lol moment against an M41 last weekend. Rolling backwards in my KV5 is funny enough. Having him bounce a round off was even funnier!

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Meh my JPE was one shotted by an S51 the other day. Full health to no health, one shot. Yay German armor.

JPE has 2200 hp. Not possible for an AP round to do that much damage, so it's a pen with a HE round. Which is extremely difficult as the arc sucks and the gun only has 100~ pen. Probably would have to hit your roof head on. It'll also have to have a near full damage roll, since the gun does 1850 damage and a full 20% increase is 2220 damage.

So he got really lucky and you got really unlucky, which is why arty should be removed from the game since its a no skill whack a mole. :)

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Rage mode continues today with: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/207796-e-50m-nerf-thread-to-raise-awareness-of-this/

The e-50/e-50m are getting horrible nerfs with gun depression. The E50 now has a gun depression of 0. Next to useless on anything other than city maps. The E50m is down to -2 degrees. All this because of model clipping ON MADE UP TANK MODELS. In this thread you will see multiple pictures of other tanks with clipping issues but they are not being nerfed. Sigh. Sometimes I just HATE wargaming.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Rage mode continues today with: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/207796-e-50m-nerf-thread-to-raise-awareness-of-this/

The e-50/e-50m are getting horrible nerfs with gun depression. The E50 now has a gun depression of 0. Next to useless on anything other than city maps. The E50m is down to -2 degrees. All this because of model clipping ON MADE UP TANK MODELS. In this thread you will see multiple pictures of other tanks with clipping issues but they are not being nerfed. Sigh. Sometimes I just HATE wargaming.

They haven't been known to be generous to German tanks.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Wow. 0 degrees? That can't be right. Wouldn't that mean you can't hit any tanks that are lower than your gun on any city maps?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Holy fuck how do they come to 0 degree depression? I can honestly see with some tanks if they get onto the front of an E50 the E50 could never hit them with a 0 degree depression. Talk about idiotic. And for what reason? These tanks overpowered or something?

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I think high-tier gameplay is now relatively meh.

Between T7-8 arty and JPE100's, my T8/9's feel like they are MS-1s getting a good clubbing from some 70% wr seal clubber.

I'm inclined to just stick to mid tiers.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Looks like other tanks are getting nerfed as well. E75 is also on the list. Fuck this game again if this goes live. I go full german for fun and they nerf every tank I drive. How can they think giving tall tanks so little depression is a good idea? I understand why the Type59 and soviet designs have low depression. They are lower to the ground. But German tanks?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yeah this nerf is not going over well with me. The E-75 and E-50 are two of the tanks i keep for fun, and if this change happens I might as well just sell them. They're underperforming and they're not op in any way shape or form. They can't brawl, they can't hull down (or could barely hulldown) and taking away the depression makes them all but worthless on any sort of bumpy map.

Hell, batchat can almost face hug E-50 with no retaliation with this change.

edit: the traverse has to be at least 25 degrees in order for you to get gun depression back. Enjoy getting ammo racked.

Last edited:

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I pity players in Caernarvons, their lower plate is easily penetrated by a 170mm pen gun (T26's), AP rounds. I was a bit surprised. I suppose it should be played hull-down like a T32?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yes.

They have a decent gun and a decent enough turret, but the hull is shit. Has good depression and pretty good speed though, but it's one of those tanks I don't really pay much attention to for some reason. Never particularly felt threatened by a caern.

ginfest

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2000
The new nerfs just reinforce what I said pages ago in this thread-the developer have always screwed the German tanks. And of course they make sure the Russian tanks get all the OP features. Total BS from a greedy BS developer.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Well guys you could always go back to kicking the s**t out of noobs at tier 2 :)

Ive been dominating with my maxed out panzer II for a few weeks, nearly got BoA on the crew. Ive also decked out an MS-1 costing me ~ 1million credits but its pretty good, tough choice between T1 and MS-1 but the longass reload on the T1 put me off.

LtMikePowelll

Jan 12, 2011
Victory
Siegfried Line
Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:07:25 AM
Vehicle M103
Experience received 3,624 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received 71,325
Battle Achievements: Confederate, Sniper

Make 41k out of this, I must said the M58 gun is a beast :)

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
It appears that the gun depression will go back to pretest norms. Idiots for even trying it.

No...idiots that started a stupid rumor...based on...well...idocracy and low I.Q.
It's due to that the E-50 gun clips the hull...it will be back to normal in next test-round (Fixed model).

People whine too much in WoT...

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
No...idiots that started a stupid rumor...based on...well...idocracy and low I.Q.
It's due to that the E-50 gun clips the hull...it will be back to normal in next test-round (Fixed model).

No no, it was no rumor. In the first test, they DID nerf the depression. The CLAIM was it was because of model clipping. Enter a bunch of sleuths that show picture after picture of model clipping in tanks that are not nerfed. Then suddenly the official response is "we are putting it back".

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010

That's such BS, but coming from you it's no surprise. :rolleyes:

Wartards tried to do a stupid nerf and got called out on it and reverted it but you somehow call everyone that got it changed names. As usual you're a turd poster.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
That's such BS, but coming from you it's no surprise. :rolleyes:

Wartards tried to do a stupid nerf and got called out on it and reverted it but you somehow call everyone that got it changed names. As usual you're a turd poster.

You shouldn't be surprised, he spews that crappy wannabe elitist crap all over the forum. It's kinda funny.

Anyway, I just got a T28 Prot. That thing is soooo slow, even down hill, the tranny keeps that thing at 21 kmh max. I guess I should get used to a slow TD. Nice gun though.

I guess the T-59 won't ever be on sale huh? Have a T34, Super Pershing, and 122-44 but wanted what looks like a fast, fun medium premium for credit grinding. 80k+ per match is easy enough in the T34 though I guess.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

What are you talking about? It wasn't a rumor. They nerfed the depression to 0 degrees on the E50. This caused an uproar. It sounds like they will reverse this nerf. And clipping the hall is a valid excuse only if they were nerfing every tank that this happens too. Also since they literally designed the tank since there were no blue prints for the E50s turret. Why would they design the tank to have a 0 degree depression? It makes the tank very difficult to play.