[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 527 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
you realize - perhaps - that there is a new thread EVERYDAY on WoT forum about how bad, detrimental, wrong etc. arty is for the game? and this since inception. I am far for being the only one annoyed (nice term) by it or want it gone. Like i said, roughly half the player base is against it, and for every player that gets to like it and keep playing, one leaves the game for sure. I got hooked on to the game early when it was released, otherwise i would have stopped playing because of arty, and many others think alike.

Like i wrote, the satisfactory solution would be to have a check box for a tanker to play without it, and remove the 3 arty limit for those who want to play with arty. Are you afraid you'd end up 15 arty vs 15 arty?

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
Cant play it, my videocard, which might have a defect, shows the graphics totally corrupted, textures flashing and have very bad performance. I would by a new card if it wasn't for the fvcked up video card prices.

Time to play some old steam games.... :(

yeah, agreed. the crypto-currency farming is making resellers to gouge their prices.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Cant play it, my videocard, which might have a defect, shows the graphics totally corrupted, textures flashing and have very bad performance. I would by a new card if it wasn't for the fvcked up video card prices.

Time to play some old steam games.... :(

Maybe open a ticket for suggestions. They have reduced graphic options.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Maybe open a ticket for suggestions. They have reduced graphic options.

Sometimes I had problems with the old client as well, and even on low settings it is a problem. I could try the sd client or try to disable one of the gpus.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
So today, I once again was the sole target for enemy arty. I was top tier in my T9 Conq, on Prokhorovka, which has ZERO cover for arty. The entire map is open. They had three of them. They all targeted me, and hit me 11 times, at which point I died. Enemy tanks never did any damage to me, or even shot at me. It is NOT fun to be shot over and over again from an enemy that is a kilometer away where I cannot do ANYTHING back. Normal tanks I can shoot back, try to angle armor, etc.

I don't care if a small percentage (Last i heard it was roughly 35% of the player base) likes to sit back and click every so often with zero risk to themselves, and with almost no skill required. It is bad for the game, and one of the top reasons people quick playing.

Reactions: gammaray

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
So today, I once again was the sole target for enemy arty. I was top tier in my T9 Conq, on Prokhorovka, which has ZERO cover for arty. The entire map is open. They had three of them. They all targeted me, and hit me 11 times, at which point I died. Enemy tanks never did any damage to me, or even shot at me. It is NOT fun to be shot over and over again from an enemy that is a kilometer away where I cannot do ANYTHING back. Normal tanks I can shoot back, try to angle armor, etc.

I don't care if a small percentage (Last i heard it was roughly 35% of the player base) likes to sit back and click every so often with zero risk to themselves, and with almost no skill required. It is bad for the game, and one of the top reasons people quick playing.

You aren't wrong to complain about that.

It does mean that the other 14 on your team had an advantage over the 12 remaining members of their team, and your other comments are wrong - about 'zero risk', arty is very vulnerable and targeted; arty takes plenty of skill to play well, though you don't understand that.

You're not wrong that many players hate it being in the game - but we're going in circles as that's about the fifth time I've said it. That's a bit of a worst case you describe - not typical, but quite bad.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Found the problem, I had disabeld crossfire for the WoT launcher, not the WoT game exe. Now it works :D

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003

This, the problem is that arty was introduced to get people out of cover and defending but it works exactly the opposite.

gammaray

Jul 30, 2006
This, the problem is that arty was introduced to get people out of cover and defending but it works exactly the opposite.
the only reason imho that WG has not removed arty is, the arty player crowd brings in older players and more revenues. It's all about $$$ and not if we have fun or not.

All the arty free games are a lot more enjoyable, even when facing thick camping TDs.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I saw there's a referral program for new players or players who haven't played in 60 days with missions that reward both. If anyone wants that PM me.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
holla if anyone wants to platoon up; I am also Ns1 on there. I am a completely average tomato but I do have my moments at T7/T8.

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
A nope from me, got tired of something with match making. Played their Warships but recently stopped that too. Had thought about trying Tanks again though but I keep hearing about lopsided games.