[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 308 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Pretty fun round I just had in my 3601, my best in that tank so far. Those Konisch gold rounds are pretty epic:

I love the 3601 with the konisch. Its one of my favorite tanks, and it just so happens to hold my xp record. Its a shame it more often than not loses credits when shooting nothing but gold. Its why I can't wait till rounds go on sale again, so I can stock up on them.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Well, the lag I have been having this past week is making the game almost impossible for me to play. If it were consistent, I could adjust. Instead, I will have great response and then suddenly no response. It is infuriating. I understand it has something to do with the telia network and not solvable on my end. Grrrrrrrrr.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Well, the lag I have been having this past week is making the game almost impossible for me to play. If it were consistent, I could adjust. Instead, I will have great response and then suddenly no response. It is infuriating. I understand it has something to do with the telia network and not solvable on my end. Grrrrrrrrr.

Some days I have 20-30ms ping, other days its 120-130ms. Doing a tracert, the last few hops on the telia.net servers always seemed to be the culprit. There are also days when my little lag indicator continually flashes red. Although even with all that, only every once in awhile do I get bad enough lag where my tank doesn't turn correctly, or doesnt' react properly to me shooting. The worst though is when you are playing PaB and you roll forward and you lag, and end up completely exposed.

Either WG needs to pay more to get better QoS for inbound/outbound packets, or move their servers off the craptastic telia network.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I've actually crashed my tank into the side of the building because of sudden lag spikes, and on more than 1 occasion it got me killed. The spikes are becoming more and more frequent actually and it's really annoying when you're in a mobile tank and trying to brawl.

Or when you're trying to play PAB and then suddenly you lag, and you drive all the way out into the open and get raped by 3 arty and 4 other heavies.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Or when you're in your T-50-2 trying to skirt the edge of a lake, lag hits, and bam... Malinovka lake claims another tank D:

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
part of the reason why I stopped driving my t-50-2 as of late. Either there are so many little random fucking bumps that the thing goes airborn and breaks everything or I get lag and slide into something and die. On top of that I powerslide everywhere because this tank has no traction and weighs as much as a duck.

On some maps the t-50-2 is simply undriveable, like el haluf. You literally can't do any sort of laps because there are so many tiny bumps, so you either passive scout or drive up against some cliff and use the 50m "always visible" view mechanic to see things behind a cliff for arty to kill things.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I love watching -2s powerslide themselves into the lake in malinovka. Even if they are on my own team I find it funny. They really do need to fix the issues with traction and suspension. My whole tank shouldn't tilt up 15 degrees when rolling over a tiny bump. That and alot of these tanks come airborne way too easily.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I stay away from all big bodies of water and slopes and bumpy things when I'm in my t-50-2.

Can't wait for the replacement that they're giving for the t-50... wide body and tracks should mean at the very least I won't feel like i'm flipping over. -_-

8.4 preliminary notes out: british tank destroyers, new low tier german lights. All of the current german scouts from the luchs will get moved up a tier... leopard and 2801 will get moved up a tier.

should be... interesting.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Trolling my way though Murovanka's forest with the IS-6...4k spotting damage :)

About 8.4 - we have a 70 year old burnt out Universal Carrier on a hill next to my house, so funny that it'll be in-game soon...the thing is the size of a small town car. Think SU-18.

Last edited:

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Those little bumps make it hard for all the tanks. I cant tell you how often I have trouble keeping my gun from bouncing around on my large tanks and making me miss what should be easy shots. Even the tanks with a vert. stab. have the bouncing problems. The downside of physics.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
About 8.4 - we have a 70 year old burnt out Universal Carrier on a hill next to my house, so funny that it'll be in-game soon...the thing is the size of a small town car. Think SU-18.

I am glad they are putting them in. I have a certain fond place for the universal carrier in my heart. A lightly armored tractor that still packs a gun.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
got the su-122-44, and go 1-5. It's times like this XVM really makes you disheartened.

Other team gets purples and teals, our team are full of window licking orange and reds. Repeat for 5 games. One game I get FOUR guys who obviously just bought their new shiny tier 8s all camping the same fucking spot in base.

sigh.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
got the su-122-44, and go 1-5. It's times like this XVM really makes you disheartened.

Other team gets purples and teals, our team are full of window licking orange and reds. Repeat for 5 games. One game I get FOUR guys who obviously just bought their new shiny tier 8s all camping the same fucking spot in base.

sigh.

I love when I play my tier 8s and I get stuck in a tier 10 match with that platoon of 40%er IS-7s. Nothing screams an imminent loss more than that. But hey win rate doesn't matter. Its all luck anyway. Cap fast my friend.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

sigh.

Haha when I get back into this in a couple weeks after my self-imposed vacation. I am definately going to install this mod. I want to see why I get teams that crumble in the first 2 mins.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I love when I play my tier 8s and I get stuck in a tier 10 match with that platoon of 40%er IS-7s. Nothing screams an imminent loss more than that. But hey win rate doesn't matter. Its all luck anyway. Cap fast my friend.

Cap fast.©

XVM really just removes all doubt about why your IS7 folded 2 seconds into the game. For example, if you see a baddie brawling with a green or a teal... you should probably go help him out. If you see a purple brawling with a orange or red... well, he probably doesn't need help either.

Case in point: killed a T34 and an IS6 by myself in my patton on himmelsdorf yesterday. Took 0 damage... except for a big shot from the arty. Will post a small segment of the replay later today, it's hilarious.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
"If its red its dead" I always say. Great group of people here on AT but in the game if you on the opposite team then you have to die. Sorry.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Heh so GFs kid got me to come off my self imposed ban tonight. Finish out the night on my E75 with a loss. I didn't have a good game and made a bad tactical mistake. But I tried to block their advance. Then a dude gets on me about the tactical mistake and wont let up. I don't say anything. But after the match check his stats. For the game he had 0 damage. His overall win is 47%, 54% hit ratio, and avg .4 kills per game.

/facepalm

For what it is worth I did lead the team in exp and did 2300 damage. But reading the stats of the game I can definitely tell the anatomy of a defeat with bad players. Me and a 704 did 4700 damage between the two of us. The next 13 players accounted for just under 3000 combined.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
You were in the Obj.212, can't remember if I was in a Type or the AC 48 (which gets roflstomped by arty faaaar too easily).

Off to grind some more now :)

PS gotta love triples.
Victory!
Battle: Cliff שבת 09 פברואר 2013 15:21:52
Vehicle: Type 59
Experience received: 5,715 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 127,075
Battle Achievements: Confederate, Sniper

Last edited:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I think they've changed the MM. I see A LOT more absolute steam rollings by teams now. It's either one way or the other. I'm seeing more 1 tank destroyed vs. 15 games. I don't run XVM so I can't see how the teams are statistically but they end performance is much more lopsided lately. Not all games but just a higher propensity for very lopsided games.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Wow, feel like an idiot... just learned you can transfer a crew trained for one tank into a premium of the same class, and not have to do any kind of retraining to keep all skills as they were before. Could have been making use of this all this time, boo :(

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Wow, feel like an idiot... just learned you can transfer a crew trained for one tank into a premium of the same class, and not have to do any kind of retraining to keep all skills as they were before. Could have been making use of this all this time, boo :(

I didn't know that for a long time either. I sent them feedback they made that very unclear and they did make it more clear.

Last edited:

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
You were in the Obj.212, can't remember if I was in a Type or the AC 48 (which gets roflstomped by arty faaaar too easily).

Off to grind some more now :)

PS gotta love triples.
Victory!
Battle: Cliff שבת 09 פברואר 2013 15:21:52
Vehicle: Type 59
Experience received: 5,715 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 127,075
Battle Achievements: Confederate, Sniper
my best 3x:

Victory! Battle: Ensk Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:11:33 AM Vehicle: KV-2 Experience received: 6,735 (x3 for the first victory each day) Credits received: 55,348

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
Well got over 2k xp (6k+ b/c of triple) on my type 58 so I hope that at least puts me in the top 100 for that piece of shit tank. I had all but given up on that stupid contest and only took the tank out of the garage due to the triple. So that combined with shooting me a sheriff, it was a pretty good weekend.