[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
I run Rammer, Vents, and Vert. Stabilizer on mine (the 50% off sale for Father's Day was a godsend). The way I look at it is "20% more accurate while moving" really means "aim circle stabilizes 20% faster when I stop".

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
What do you guys put on the lowe? I have a gun rammer right now and I'm thinking of spall liner and vertical stabalizer (it can use the stabalizer right?)

I use vents, rammer and liner. The Lowe just doesn't go fast enough to see much benefit from a stabilizer, IMO.

Seems like this tank gets a lot of HE shells thrown its way because of its sloped armor....
It actually has pretty weak armor for a T8. I think a lot of people just don't know how to place their shots and so use HE. All the time I'll run into other Lowes who shoot me with HE... While I penetrate them every shot with AP.

Last edited:

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011
Wow the M3 Lee is by far the worst tank ever....This is like a tank destroyer thats FAR FAR less powerful. I feel so immobile, its like I just want this nightmare to end.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
how is the KV-1s and KV-13 grind? i'm trying to hop over and grab my T54 now instead of starting from the BT2 :)

i'm abandoning the panther line, they just get lit up and seem easier to kill than the T54s. it's a shame i had to play thru the 3001p, that pos was horrible.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
how is the KV-1s and KV-13 grind? i'm trying to hop over and grab my T54 now instead of starting from the BT2 :)

i'm abandoning the panther line, they just get lit up and seem easier to kill than the T54s. it's a shame i had to play thru the 3001p, that pos was horrible.

I'm still on the 3002DB and even though I sometimes get thrown in with Tier 10 tanks I'm really enjoying the tank. This is one of the few tanks in the game you can have fun with against all level of tanks.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008

I hear E50 will be pretty sweet, panther 2 is already at least decent with top gun and engine. I am thinking of using free xp to all the way from the 3001H to the 3001P to the 3002DB, I don't really fancy them after playing in the 3601.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

The panther II is probably the best tier 9 medium. heavily armored, has a huge gun that is really accurate and it decently mobile. But if you like speedy tanks then the t-54 is certainly the better choice.

The kv-13 is speedy and has fairly decent armor (bounced a lot on them) but it only has the 85mm. If you can I advise going through the medium tree instead through the KV line, because that just takes forever. Once you get through the a-20 the russian medium line gets a lot better.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
oh i was going thru the kv line as i already have the kv and kv3 unlocked
so i'd just have to jump to the kv1s and kv-13 and i'll be more than 1/2 way to the t54
as opposed to starting from the bt2

or are you saying it's still faster to start from bt2 and work up ?

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Wow the M3 Lee is by far the worst tank ever....This is like a tank destroyer thats FAR FAR less powerful. I feel so immobile, its like I just want this nightmare to end.

The Lee wouldn't be that bad for a Tier 4 tank... if it had a turret. The way it is now, it's just a TD with none of the advantages a TD has. I still have mine, try to get the daily double on it so I can eventually unlock the M4, but it's just horrible to play.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
oh i was going thru the kv line as i already have the kv and kv3 unlocked
so i'd just have to jump to the kv1s and kv-13 and i'll be more than 1/2 way to the t54
as opposed to starting from the bt2

or are you saying it's still faster to start from bt2 and work up ?

I thought the KV-13 is a jump from the KV. Does it go through KV-1S -> KV-13? I know its like 97k exp if you go straight from KV to KV-13.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
I thought the KV-13 is a jump from the KV. Does it go through KV-1S -> KV-13? I know its like 97k exp if you go straight from KV to KV-13.

yea from the kv, i just unlocked the kv-1s
then its like 72k or so to get the kv-13
then i'm 2 away from the T54 at that point

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
yea from the kv, i just unlocked the kv-1s
then its like 72k or so to get the kv-13
then i'm 2 away from the T54 at that point

The t-43 and t-44 grind are not very fun. You're stuck with the 100 mm, and the t-43 is a slug. I always did pretty ok with the tank, but you aren't bouncing anything in those 2 tanks.

The t-44 is speedy and a good knife fighter, but the ammo rack on that thing.... without a WAR you're going to explode into a fireball of 100mm shells.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
so you'd recommend sticking with my grind to the panther II ?

If you want to have the Panther 2 by the time the next patch rolls out, yeah, you need to keep grinding towards the Panther 2. Next patch is end of July or early August they are saying.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
If you want to have the Panther 2 by the time the next patch rolls out, yeah, you need to keep grinding towards the Panther 2. Next patch is end of July or early August they are saying.

T8 Panther in garage -> T7 Panther + T8 Panther II

T9 Panther II in garage -> T9 E-50

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Yep, grind up to the Panther 2, have it in your garage at patch time, and get the T9 E-50 for free. I might get to the Panther I in time but I don't think I can get to the Panther 2 in time unless I convert some xp to free xp and buy the Panther 2 before hand. I'm still on the 3002 DB and only have 1/3 of the needed xp to research the Panther I. It requires 93k xp and I only have like 33k or 34k xp of that so far. Then I'd have to grind up to the Panther 2 and that would take about 200k xp to research the needed upgrades and then research the Panther 2 itself. And thats not counting the creds even to buy the tanks and upgrades although with my Lowe I could grind that out fairly quick I think.

I love the game but I get to wanting to play other games as well and it takes away time from WoT grinding. I wish they'd give us a whole week or weekend of double xp in every fight like they did in Beta. That would certainly help. LOL

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i don't think i can grind thru the DB, PANTHER and get the PANTHER II by patch time
i'd have to buy the db like right now haha

i'm about 50k away from getting my object704 and about 120k away from the is-4 right now

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I *might* get the Panther by then. There is certainly no way I will get to the Panther II. I am at 97k on the KV to get to the arty. I just got my upgraded 88 on the Tiger. My 3001 is fun if it gets tossed on the right games/maps (el haluf in a high tier is my favorite). I despise my KV3. The Stug and T40 are maxed out and just for free experience (they normally do very well in games and I get a crapton of experience). My Hummel also does pretty well, but I am a hell of a long way from the T6 arty there.

Finally my LOLTraktor... I purchased 100% crew and loaded on about 100 shells of premium ammo with the 2cm gun. My buddy plays his tier 2 AT gun and we get tossed into tier 2-4 games. Everybody mocks my traktor but I ALWAYS get a kill with it and once got 3 kills and lived (I was going MUAHAHAHA when I got the third). Most prestigious kill I have with it was an M3 Lee I took from 100% all the way to 0 without him shooting me once (tracked him, peppered, tracked, peppered).

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
150% agree with the kv-3 friggen sucking ass, i HATE this tank with a passion, always takes a bunch of games before i can get my double xp for the day for the first win.

don't know how you can like the 3001p, it's horrible imo.
i am 20k away from my object704 now
and about 100k away from the IS-4

i will either get my DB and go for the panther/panther II
or kick over to the kv-1s and start grinding for my T54 by this weekend. i'm pretty sure i can get my object + IS-4 sometime this week.

you know i REALLY miss the tier 1-2 battles, everyone just goes all out rushing and its major carnage everywhere, nobody afraid of dying and just having a good time. battles are fierce

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
KV3 is awesome :thumbsup: Just know its limits and you will be fine, it can be a real beast in some games.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
problem is the matchmaking, usually it's at the bottom for me and i can't do anything except spit @ tanks with HE, and it's to slow to do anything else :)

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
another thing i'm seeing lately, 99% of the team goes 1 fucking way with no thought to defend the other 2 routes to the base and we end up losing. i always hang back 15 seconds or so to see where the lemmings go, then head a bit towards the other way and let the arty know we're gonna get rolled via my way so he can at least hit
tanks coming in.

it might not be so bad if they actually pushed thru with their big ass mob to the other base to cap but as soon as they spot 1 tank, they all completely stop.

i honestly don't care about dying as i play very aggressively and often times surprise the defender(s).

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
I'm one of the folks grinding for a Panther II before the patch hits. Currently I'm at 100k of the about 160k needed, so not much more to go! Stag, if you really want to try out all three (Panther, PII, E-50), I think the free tanks/slots involved make it worth paying the cash for after you are sick of grinding them.

Elcs, I bought a Lowe and do really well in it. However, I'm at a loss when playing peekaboo with other Lowes and the occasional IS-3, IS-4. I can track them all reliably, but where is the spots that guarantee damage? It's seemingly random now, no matter whether I'm aiming at what the most perpendicular surface to my gun is.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I hate this stupid game, i bought a lowe because i kinda wanted one and the price was going up, why does it have to be so addictive :p

I downloaded the skin pack that shows other tanks weaknesses. I suggest using that if you aren't getting results hitting other tanks, its helped me a lot, i get thown in vs all sorts of high tiers in my vk3601 and im not afraid of them anymore because with the L70 gun and that skin pack i can damage them because i know where to hit :D

I think many of the people on the forum would be less frustrated with the tier spread if they knew where to hit.