[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 78 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
The big problem about the T8 premiums is that it puts very high level tanks in the hand of people that should have learned the mechanics at a lower level. When you're playing in a T8 match, you will be abused by players that have hundreds or thousands of games under their belt at that level.

Lowes are easily abused because they can be penetrated easily from the front. KV-5s require more knowledge to defeat, but if an experienced player is opposing you, you can assume that they will penetrate you with damage every time against frontal armor if you're exposed. Eventually, good players know how to cover their weaknesses, but until then they will be either too aggressive and getting killed off early without impact or too passive and die alone camping at the end.

On the other hand, anyone who has played through the American or German heavy line before picking up a Lowe will be dangerous.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I had forgotten how often the Tiger II gun gets taken out. Sucks when it happens and it happens most every battle.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
6.5 is officially on the RU server.

Expect it on NA and EU soon.

American TDs finally enter the game, eh? Thats going to be interesting to see. New tanks to deal with. The T-95 looks real interesting. I also see the M6A2E1 gets a 10% earning boost to credits. I wonder if thats because people were complaining about how the Lowe made more money than it? I don't play mine much because it doesn't make money like the Lowe. It would be real nice to have two tanks that make big bucks. Then I can just jump between two tanks and make money even faster. That could be good!

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
American TDs finally enter the game, eh? Thats going to be interesting to see. New tanks to deal with. The T-95 looks real interesting. I also see the M6A2E1 gets a 10% earning boost to credits. I wonder if thats because people were complaining about how the Lowe made more money than it? I don't play mine much because it doesn't make money like the Lowe. It would be real nice to have two tanks that make big bucks. Then I can just jump between two tanks and make money even faster. That could be good!

T95 is an awkward foe. If you've seen my videos, it traverses pretty fast and it packs a BL-10 type gun. It can be easy to penetrate, or it can be a nightmare. You'll see these within an hour of the server coming back up, I can say that much (know lots of people have enough free experience stored (300kish))

T28 is a solid tank too. Like a Ferdinand but a touch stronger armour and a smaller alpha, higher RoF.

Both very flankable and not too easy to track.

The T25 AT is a JagdPanther on steroids. Built on the T23 chassis, it's fast and powerful. Be wary of these mobile tanks.

Their Tier 3 HE thrower TD is pretty violent, like a lower tier Hetzer. Will 2-3 shot Tier 3 tanks and cause chaos for most other things near it's own level.

Nothing much remarkable about the rest of the tanks.

The new Locust, 900 gold I think it's going to be, is a very nippy, fun little tank to pick up if you have the free gold.

Should be an interesting patch in maybe 1-2 weeks time, after we've all suffered the 8 TD's per match thing.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Been sitting on the American TDs. If they are modeled after the real tanks. Should be very fast glass cannons.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
*cough* tiger *cough*

Just your bias.

The tank model has properly located weak spots and all the crew members inside have hitboxes exactly for where they'd be sitting and how they'd be oriented.

Just like every other tank in this game.

Combine that with WarGaming's admitted german tank nerfing just to make sure the "motherland" tanks were better to make their fellow countrymen pound their chests with their fists and you have why the Tiger isn't invincible like so many want it to be.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Modelled like RL? Seems so.

They do have glass cannon types, they're quite like the typical US tank (can't take a hit, deals damage well)

But the T28 and T95 are examples of the opposite, massive hulking behemoths, slow but scary :)

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
is it easier to grind the bl-9 on the ISU152 as opposed to trying to do it on the IS-3?
i was just going to grind bl-10 and then head for the object704, but looks like you NEED the bl-9 for the IS-3, and i'm only 40k research away now from the IS-3

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
is it easier to grind the bl-9 on the ISU152 as opposed to trying to do it on the IS-3?
i was just going to grind bl-10 and then head for the object704, but looks like you NEED the bl-9 for the IS-3, and i'm only 40k research away now from the IS-3

Naughty stag3, naughty!

The IS-3 has the BL-9, the ISU-152 has the BL-9s.

Most TD's have their own special gun which is very similar to the equivalent tank gun. The IS-3/ISU-152 is no exception.

PS: Do not get the BL-9s for the ISU-152 unless you want to keep your ISU-152 and Elite it. The BL-10 is definitely better (imo)

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
The T25 AT is a JagdPanther on steroids. Built on the T23 chassis, it's fast and powerful. Be wary of these mobile tanks.

Wow, slightly faster than the SU-85. 56 kl/h. Zippy! They can mount a 105mm too. What I like about the American TD tech tree is that I can jump over from my elited Easy8 tank which is nice. I can skip all the other TDs if I want. Not sure if that T95 is worth going for though. It looks badass but 13 kl/h? Very very slow. Can use a 155mm gun though! KA-BOOM! More of a base defense tank I'm thinking.

Edit: The new voice sounds bad. I don't like it. Reminds me of listening to a baseball game on a AM Radio. Sounds like the guy is calling the plays from a distance. I don't mean in a good nostalgic way either. It sucks. The original one was better IMO. Minor quibble I guess but can't stand listening to him even when I do good in my tank.

Edit2: Old Voice Mod link here:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/45800-old-voice-mod/

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
damn all i see are T40s EVERYWHERE

already replaced the sounds with the old soundpack :D

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
If there's an old voicepack mod, is it possible to create something that sounds a bit less... I dunno, dramatic for the voices?

I feel like my crew are just sports announcers over the radio rather than actual tank crew.

"That one bounnnnnnnced off!!!" (to be said outloud with a twang)

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea you can download the original voice pack from the wot forums, i did that after my first game post patch =)

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
If there's an old voicepack mod, is it possible to create something that sounds a bit less... I dunno, dramatic for the voices?

I feel like my crew are just sports announcers over the radio rather than actual tank crew.

"That one bounnnnnnnced off!!!" (to be said outloud with a twang)

Theoretically, yes. Whether they allow you to via their software and rules is another question. Considering they made the old voices and they are being put back in untouched its still their property. No harm no foul. But to add your own... probably breaking their rules somewhere. Also every new patch going forward might mess it up. If you do it I wouldn't tell anyone or make a video about it until you had a written letter/email from the Devs saying its fine. Just to be on the safe side. Hint Hint

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Got the 3002DB finally. Man, when they said this tank was a Dogfighter they weren't kidding. I actually managed to take out a Lowe with the second 75mm gun. Took a few shots in his rear to do it but I got him. The second 75mm is pretty accurate but doesn't do a lot of damage and the stock turret doesn't hold a lot of shells. Can't wait to see what the second turret and 88mm gun can do. Grinding to the second turret now. The 3002DB has good speed and pretty good turning radius for its size. And I'm only using the second engine! I'll leave final engine till last of the upgrades but I can see where its not really needed if one is in a hurry to get to the Panther. It also bounces a lot of shells in front as long as you stay to an angle against your enemy. This tank is fun. I may just keep this one permanently in my garage.

Addendum: Got the 88mm gun now. Tank is a bit slower with the extra weight but I'm hoping once I get that last engine my speed will be back to where it was before. With the 88mm gun damage is up significantly. I didn't play this tank in Beta. Now I wish I had. Nice tank for its tier. I'm hoping the Panther is better. Some say it is once fully upgraded and some say it isnt. I'll find out eventually. Really enjoying the 3002DB.

Last edited:

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
looking forward to the 3002 db, something i didnt get in beta. working my way back to tiger 2 again, have a near stock tiger right now, luckily was able to get turret right off with free xp, bought a good engine researched from the TD line (i have an elited Jtiger) and the t9 radio, but mounted the 75mm L70 lol. still, it does ok against most stuff, gotta grind to the big 88. sucks the one on the TD line doesnt carry over :C

honestly, the thing I am looking forward to most, is the introduction of the Eseries. E100 looks sweet, so does E75 and E50, cant wait to see what they do with the stug E100 as well.

the thing I don't like about the short 88 is its poor accuracy and lack of good penetration. its good on the 3601 though, but getting it on a panther till you get the turret for the long 88 is kinda meh.

Punter

Jul 21, 2006
Kind of got bored grinding out the IS. Started working on German Artillery and found it to be a fun change of pace. Kind of like playing wack-a-mole at the arcade.