[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 350 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
about time, i only have 1 arty and didnt plan to grind another one yay.
at least these changes will affect the obj 261 the least :)

It'll affect the 261 the most. Longer aim time, plus practically full bloom when you move your tracks now is going to be a killer. The thing only has like 3 degrees of turret traverse.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
News to me, if they changed the formula it might be useful. As is now, even with the increase to 30% on the existing formula, it is useless.

I thought I had read that somewhere, since they "reworked" it. However I can't confirm that this is true. I guess you could find out with some tests on the test server.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Yes it is...look at the shots bouncing of the side of the hull...or the bouncy Löwe turret.
I reverse into firing position...says it all.

Rewatching the video, most shots went directly into your turret which means the people shooting you were bad@tanks. The t-32 and rubble would be blocking most of your lower glacis, but I still think your lower glacis is open to fire. But the video is still a good example of side scraping.

And to whoever was asking about the reticule mod: I think that's meltyMap's math mod. I didn't use it because I liked j1mbo's better though, even without the enemy reload timer.

I thought I had read that somewhere, since they "reworked" it. However I can't confirm that this is true. I guess you could find out with some tests on the test server.

The reworked math is below.

100*1,3*1,15 is now 100*1,3*1,3. (where 100mm armor is applied)

Which is still worthless.

The "rework" is to make the spall liner resist crit module and crew damage when you get hit by an arty round unless its a penetrating hit but it is in no way shape and form confirmed.

Last edited:

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Rewatching the video, most shots went directly into your turret which means the people shooting you were bad@tanks. The t-32 and rubble would be blocking most of your lower glacis, but I still think your lower glacis is open to fire. But the video is still a good example of side scraping.

And to whoever was asking about the reticule mod: I think that's meltyMap's math mod. I didn't use it because I liked j1mbo's better though, even without the enemy reload timer.

It is meltyMap's mod, just checked.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
It'll affect the 261 the most. Longer aim time, plus practically full bloom when you move your tracks now is going to be a killer. The thing only has like 3 degrees of turret traverse.

yea but it still has the fastest reload and lowest trajectory

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
yea i figured across the board tho its an increased flight time no? so it still has the fastest hit once fired

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I probably should go ahead and get the E100. Haven't bothered to before. Frankly playing T10 heavies doesnt appel to me. Too much freakin arty in those games to make it fun.

Speaking of Lowe turrets, I have no problem shooting one in the turret provided its on the side and not the front. If your gun has the pen shooting a Lowe's turret is not a bad idea especially if his body is blocked by rock, rubble, or something. I like to hit them when they turn their turret away and point in some other guy's direction leaving that sexy side naked to me. Blasting them in the turret side messes them up for a fair amount of damage. Not to mention it what it does inside. Now shooting at the turret head on? No, not a good idea. Better places to hit the tank.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Right below the mantlet is also a shot trap.

I'm thinking about buying the KT though... it's a great tier 8 but I have a bunch of tier 8s as is. I do need some french tanks to be on sale though, the annoying bastards are taking up too much room in my barracks.

But the AC series suck to say the least.... meh... maybe I should just send my french tank crew to the gulags.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/193520/Wargaming_kicks_paytowin_monetization_to_the_curb.php

Interesting to see what this means, I'm kinda sorta hopeful but figure it just means more ability to buy crap with gold or silver.

• The core basis of "free-to-win" is to remove all payable options that could be viewed as giving a player an advantage in battle.
  • Revenue will come from sales of non-advantageous content, such as premium vehicles, personalization options and the like.

This however gives me hope. It would be interesting to see all premium ammo go away.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/193520/Wargaming_kicks_paytowin_monetization_to_the_curb.php

Interesting to see what this means, I'm kinda sorta hopeful but figure it just means more ability to buy crap with gold or silver.

This however gives me hope. It would be interesting to see all premium ammo go away.

I can see gold ammo going bye bye. That doesnt bother me. I use them, sure, but if no one else can use them then I'm okay with that. If they remove the camo paint option of 5% I'm okay with that as long as they reimburse me my gold i spent on it because thats the only reason why I spent gold to camo my tanks. Now if they remove the premium (+50% credit) option... that could be a deal breaker for me. It will be interesting to see what they do and what the player base does after they do it.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001

meh.

From an aesthetics pov I like j1mbo's mod way better. The futuristic crosshairs feel like they don't belong in a game where WW2 tanks are driving around.

On to the "unfair" part: Reload counting's something i've done way before this mod came out. Still don't use the mod and still don't care. For camo chance.... there's 6th sense and players will have to rely on experience instead of a crutch mod.

problem not found.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
That mod is cheap, in addition to ugly. Not hard to count reloads yourself, or learn game mechanics like that linked post mentions. Only ones who might be bothered are those that need to be carried imo. Who cares.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
I can see gold ammo going bye bye. That doesnt bother me. I use them, sure, but if no one else can use them then I'm okay with that. If they remove the camo paint option of 5% I'm okay with that as long as they reimburse me my gold i spent on it because thats the only reason why I spent gold to camo my tanks. Now if they remove the premium (+50% credit) option... that could be a deal breaker for me. It will be interesting to see what they do and what the player base does after they do it.

Gold ammo won't go anywhere. You can buy them with silver.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
That mod is cheap, in addition to ugly. Not hard to count reloads yourself, or learn game mechanics like that linked post mentions. Only ones who might be bothered are those that need to be carried imo. Who cares.

Sound like your playstyle...funny how you only try to be snide inhere and not eg. in V&G....mods spank your bottom? ^^

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
yea i was gonna say the same thing, gold rounds are here to stay since you can buy them with credits, you're not paying for them like before :(

Nothing wrong with using them, either. They cost a fortune for a very small increase in performance.