[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 348 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I love those no pen shots on the sides of T30s and T34s. No idea why it happens at such a rate for me, especially the T34.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, that is a tank that I always hate fighting for that very reason. You think you have a great shot lined up and then nothing... I am looking forward to the changes in the next patch. A nice boon to the TD players in many ways. I might have to continue up the American turreted TD line now (stopped at the Hellcat to simply train crew).

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
lol clutched a match last night in my T54. 1v5
(2) m103s, e75, (2) su152's.

i retreated if i thought i was spotted and circled back until i got to another advantageous position and fired off 1-2 rounds. m103's had no idea where i was, the e75 almost killed me. and the su152s i just tracked then circled around to kill them.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
If you are on the north side on Steppes 8,9 line is the place to go. Especially if you are in a decently fast tank, you can make it to that little ridge and spot the enemy team out in the open in the south before they can make it down into the gully or behind the rock. The best part is if you shoot at them, most pubbies will stop in the open to shoot back, and you can hull down behind the ridge and pick them to pieces. This ends up denying them the rock and gully, and leaves the rest of the south open for you to advance near thier base and spot some of thier arty, and the rest of thier team taking cover a thier base.

In contrast, the 1,2,3 area is always a huge clusterfuck that bogs down (our nickname for going there is :"Playing dick grab in the thunderdome"). Even with the terrain, there are very few true arty safe places in that area. Also in most cases it requires you to expose yourself to enemy fire in order to take a shot, and there aren't that many spot over there where you can take full advantage of a hull down tank.

which "little ridge" are you talking about? I don't really go down that side much so I don't know the layout much. I know the gulf where the encounter flag is has a set of rock croppings near the southeast side that tanks usually play PAB under but I don't really know of any ridges that you can hull down behind unless you're in an american tank.

The 1-2-3 area only bogs down if you play "dick grab" behind those rocks. I tend to flank over the top to get shots in the side. With the new map there's some cover and you can make it to cover without getting your ass getting shot off. (including some arty cover depending on where arty is of course)

The american bundle for $80~ is pretty tempting. I play a lot of american tanks...

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I actually can't play this weekend, so it kinda sucks but is also kind of a relief as well.

I think I'm going to bite on the US premium tank bundle. It's just too good...

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i may pick up the years premium, and still have about 3500-4500 gold left if i buy the 25k gold package for 99.99

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
any of you guys keep the E50 once you got the E50m ?
i'm definitely keeping the T54 once i get the T62a as i like to brawl
but the e50m is the e50 better in every way

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I havent played all week but today i sat down and played for acouple of hours. Basically run my tanks through the daily x3. Played the t71 a fair amount on top of that since it has a credit increase for the weekend. Pretty decent session. Won most of the battles so I was happy about that. I'm going to log on again in about 45 minutes and see how good/bad I do.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
any of you guys keep the E50 once you got the E50m ?
i'm definitely keeping the T54 once i get the T62a as i like to brawl
but the e50m is the e50 better in every way

it will see a lot more huge artillery because its a tier 10. While it's a better tank in every way (except for ramming) you will also get gibbed more often due to tier 10 arty party. Suggestion is to just keep the E-50. I didn't get the 50m precisely because of all the arty.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I've taken a break due to a new job, and life is suddenly peaceful :p

This game really gets on your nerves if you play too much.

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
it will see a lot more huge artillery because its a tier 10. While it's a better tank in every way (except for ramming) you will also get gibbed more often due to tier 10 arty party. Suggestion is to just keep the E-50. I didn't get the 50m precisely because of all the arty.

I'd wait until 8.6 before making arty based decisions.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
i guess i will keep the e50 once i get the e50m and see how it goes from there, i definitely will be keeping my t54 once i get the t62a tho.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
Sniper, Master gunner, Sharp shooter. I missed one out of 29 shots. The one I "missed" was a bounce right off his front grill. I did NOT miss, you stupid game.

I love this tank.

cqoLgHe.jpg

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Sniper, Master gunner, Sharp shooter. I missed one out of 29 shots. The one I "missed" was a bounce right off his front grill. I did NOT miss, you stupid game.

I love this tank.

Bounces would have counted as hits. You sure you didn't hit the tank immediately after it died, or alternately hit a dead tank in the way?

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
which "little ridge" are you talking about? I don't really go down that side much so I don't know the layout much. I know the gulf where the encounter flag is has a set of rock croppings near the southeast side that tanks usually play PAB under but I don't really know of any ridges that you can hull down behind unless you're in an american tank.

The 1-2-3 area only bogs down if you play "dick grab" behind those rocks. I tend to flank over the top to get shots in the side. With the new map there's some cover and you can make it to cover without getting your ass getting shot off. (including some arty cover depending on where arty is of course)

The american bundle for $80~ is pretty tempting. I play a lot of american tanks...

There is a ridge line probably about 100m north-west of that rock outcropping on the east side (looking at a picture of the minimap, around the C8 area. There are a few spots that are hull down capable in most tanks, of course if you can get your T29/32/34 over there fast enough and catch them crossing the open field in the south, your pretty much invulnerable except to arty. I've usually had better results going that way than into the thunderdome since it always seems to bog down over there, and I end up surrounded and blown to shit after my team fails horribly. If you've got a game where you are owning over there, I would actually like to see it.

In other news, I got back into tanks again yesterday morning. My brother and I, and a long time regular platoon mate played for a few hours and we ended up going 31-3. which is pretty damn good knowing that me and my brother hadn't really played in a few weeks. Hell even one of the games we lost, we had 10 kills (tier 8 game). It was just a shame half our team died doing little to no damage at all(damn x3 pubbies).

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Weekend was dreadful. Even when XVM had us pegged at 70+% chance to win our teams would lose. And if I was on the other end of that XVM it would be a bloodbath. Really no way around the amount of fail that I had this weekend.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
unlocked the T32, elited the T29.

but premium ran out @ 7pm last night hah, guess ill grind lower tanks until i decide to get premium again

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I seem to do better on those kinds of weekends. This last one was probably my best ever. I managed to play 115 battles with a 62%+ winrate, apparently. I'm using http://www.noobmeter.com/.

If you guys don't do well, maybe you're not used to solo-pubbing. :p

OSULugan

Feb 22, 2003
Had a solo-pub game this past weekend where a teammate and I each got 6 kills, and we lost. It was unbelievable how bad the rest of the team was.