[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 351 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
I didn't say that gold was best or any other stupid opinion. I said that gold rounds are a valid game mechanic. Anyone who complains about them is a whiny little bitch.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I didn't say that gold was best or any other stupid opinion. I said that gold rounds are a valid game mechanic. Anyone who complains about them is a whiny little bitch.

I don't like your childish, name-calling tone - learn to express your opinion with some civility to people you disagree with.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
meh.

From an aesthetics pov I like j1mbo's mod way better. The futuristic crosshairs feel like they don't belong in a game where WW2 tanks are driving around.

On to the "unfair" part: Reload counting's something i've done way before this mod came out. Still don't use the mod and still don't care. For camo chance.... there's 6th sense and players will have to rely on experience instead of a crutch mod.

problem not found.

I played with that mod for maybe 5-10 games before I uninstalled it and went back to jimbo's. All the information is cool, but its very distracting. I found myself looking at the extra information instead of actually paying attention and shooting enemies. Its much better to just know where to shoot tanks so that you can pen. Its also much better to know rough reload times of tanks/guns. I'm sure this mod doesn't take into affect different guns, so if you are relying on it when facing a T29 slinging premium with a 90mm, you are going to be in for a surprise.

Not until someone makes a mod that displays a count down timer for enemy tank reloads, will WG have to ban a mod. As it stand right now, I'm not even sure making a mod like that is possible with information available to the GUI.

I finally made 63% (62.51) yesterday. Apparently all I should do is just use my stat padding IS-6 all day long. 17 games, 82.4% w/r, 2417avg damage, 1167 avg xp. Not to mention well over a million credits added to the bank (premium shells were prepaid at half off though).

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
The mod is an approximate reload as well, not the actual reload. And you should be able to tell the different guns a tank has...

I've been hovering around 60-63% win on friday, then dipped below 58% on saturday. It's hard to do well solo pubbing through daily doubles, especially in certain tanks that are hard to carry with.

And I also can't get the t69 working for me. I don't know, I keep missing rounds on the clip, but my engagement distance is usually around 200-300m. Should I be shotgunning with this thing instead?

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
The mod is an approximate reload as well, not the actual reload. And you should be able to tell the different guns a tank has...

I've been hovering around 60-63% win on friday, then dipped below 58% on saturday. It's hard to do well solo pubbing through daily doubles, especially in certain tanks that are hard to carry with.

And I also can't get the t69 working for me. I don't know, I keep missing rounds on the clip, but my engagement distance is usually around 200-300m. Should I be shotgunning with this thing instead?

I usually flank and get really close with it. I think you'll have a ton more success with the new patch and the shots being more centered. I saw some videos and the autoloaders look really good and don't require the aiming circle to fully close now.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I finally made 63% (62.51) yesterday. Apparently all I should do is just use my stat padding IS-6 all day long. 17 games, 82.4% w/r, 2417avg damage, 1167 avg xp. Not to mention well over a million credits added to the bank (premium shells were prepaid at half off though).
Congrats. I struggled back up to 60% for the day after a horrible start (2 and 8).

Oh, and real men stat pad in an M3 Lee.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
Sound like your playstyle...funny how you only try to be snide inhere and not eg. in V&G....mods spank your bottom? ^^

Huh? Go spend some more time on long bans. Are you one of the noobs whining over their crutch mod being taken away? Dry your tears bro, because it sounds like you maaad.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Congrats. I struggled back up to 60% for the day after a horrible start (2 and 8).

I hit on the idea i would be a better player if I learned to use that tank.. I am at 57% with it.. use does increase skill... in that tank.. I still suck major with fast tanks (french tanks (not real early slow ones) I just cant deal with).. I don't have one with a 50% win ratio.. This game is so dang fun and so damn frustrating for us Pub'ers.. I dont mind losing.. but those games where your down 4-5 tanks in first 2 minutes.. how can there be that much stupid in any game i don't know.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010

If you are top tier, its a great little tank. If you are bottom tier, you might as well go fishing, cause a tier 6 or tier 5 derp is going to one shot you.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004

last i heard (couple days ago) gold shells are going away, the Pay2win model is being changed on all WARGAMING games.. you will only be able to buy cosmetic changes, or gold tanks, no shells. I personally am not a fan of gold shells for one reason.. I never bought anything in WoT except garage slots and premium time for the bonus exp. But with my M4 and its Derp gun, it was my "test" so to speak.. without gold i was bouncing non stop.. As the MM can change drastically its no PURE way to test.. but 50 games without gold.. i was avg about 680, with gold (50 games again) i was doing 1600.. MM can skew that alot so again, no hard data.. but my tanks killed/win ratio/eff all over doubled (in one case quadrupled (tanks killed)) with gold shots..this is an extreme case the M4 Derp is not a "normal" case I agree. 100 games is also no huge amount. Higher tier tanks don't have such extreme gun changes (well not many) and I wasn't going to spend gold at those higher tiers as I like to keep my stats "pure" on those.. (just me) My m4 was maxed and i have several variation of it to work with for stat whoring.

again, i think gold shells are OK, not a fan, but I think Wargaming should make some money as I love WoT.. gold shells is (from wot talk) a hot seller. I am a bit surprised they are taking it out, or say they are.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/193520/Wargaming_kicks_paytowin_monetization_to_the_curb.php

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
huh? you don't pay to win with gold rounds tho, you can now buy it with credits instead of having to buy gold with cash to get them. so they would not be included in the pay2win portion of whats getting nerfed/done away with.

since everyone can use credits to buy them

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
huh? you don't pay to win with gold rounds tho, you can now buy it with credits instead of having to buy gold with cash to get them. so they would not be included in the pay2win portion of whats getting nerfed/done away with.

since everyone can use credits to buy them

could be.. that would be a nice way to keep um "legit" and still make cash from um.. I haven't looked but I bet if i shot gold rounds non stop and paid with credits, it would take forever to progress up the tiers.. maybe not, as I say, I haven't bought any except my experiment and I DID use gold not credits. As I say, no fan, but understand they need to be in game to make money, cant expect Wargamming to make it off people like me. But a round that does more damage and penetrates better then a standard round is simply BETTER.. I don't call it pay2 win.. but i do think if i just shot gold rounds I would do better, and win more.. and since I can buy um.. that is pay to do better in my mind.. (but my mind has been accused of being a few cans short of a six pack more then once) its just an opinion.. no matter what I think i play every day and love the game as is, gold round and all.. guess instead of buying EXP boost like most game do.. im getting more exp by buying gold rounds.. nothing wrong with it.

I don't think they need to be out of game, never said that, Never will. (err i guess i did imply, and that was me reading that story, they do not say gold round ever.. just pay2win items.. wonder what they do mean by that, what else can you buy with gold besides shells that would help you?)

I think they need to add a way to pay GOLD to not play in matches with the 59.. i hate that thing.. I would give um $15 a month to never be in a match with it :)

Last edited:

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
lol the type 59? i have one and it's not that great, everyone knows where to hit one now, and it's prone to racks

0___________0

May 5, 2012
I currently have the M12 researched, but I haven't bought it yet. When the 0.8.6 changes go live, will I still have the M12 unlocked at tier VII or will I just get the experience refunded on the M41? I have the credits for the M12 right now, but I don't really want to use them if I don't have to, since it's price will be essentially the same.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
I currently have the M12 researched, but I haven't bought it yet. When the 0.8.6 changes go live, will I still have the M12 unlocked at tier VII or will I just get the experience refunded on the M41? I have the credits for the M12 right now, but I don't really want to use them if I don't have to, since it's price will be essentially the same.

not sure, i'd assume it stays unlocked as you earned enough XP right now to unlock it. but you never know, i'd probably just buy it now so there's no chance of getting jacked