[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 230 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Few tanks annoy me like the Type59.
It has nothing to do with WWII tanks.
IMHO they should purge it from the game and give people a choice between a Löwe or a KV-5 as free replacement.

Whenever I spot a Type59, I want to kill it...even if it might kill my tank too...I don't care...dosn't belong.

Type 59s are forced into the game by wargaming's chinese partners. It's the chinese version of the T-54, which IS in the game. It's the same on my list as any other tank.... dangerous squishy ones go first. (aka KV derp)

The timespan includes cold war, with the exception of french tanks because they were nonexistant through most of the war.

Why put in french tree prior to the british, which had cromwells, churchills, fireflies and a ton of other tanks that DID see action? Don't ask me.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Hmm I think those were wins, though I will have to watch if it's significantly less if I lose. I haven't noticed it though.

If you are hitting a spotted tank half of the earnings go to the scout. So 8/8 hits on a spotted tank is worth significantly less than one you found yourself.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Did they nerf Type59 income? Played a game last night, 8 of 8 shots landed, killed three tanks(IS3,Type59,Tiger). 26,673 credits wtf?

I have a Lowe and a Type 59. Haven't noticed a change in cred making. Spend a day just using these two tanks and boy it really fills up the ole war chest. LOL

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
If you are hitting a spotted tank half of the earnings go to the scout. So 8/8 hits on a spotted tank is worth significantly less than one you found yourself.

Wow no kidding. I never knew that. That explains why going forward and suicide scouting in a Type and hitting something a few times gets so many credits sometimes. I'm not having a little T50 leaching off me. :p

I'm almost to the T30 now. I'm at 120k xp on my T28Proto. Damn I love the Prototype. GREAT TD and tank. It just bullies other thanks. I can angle it right now and keep getting better and a KV-5 and even Lowes won't penetrate the front. I feel sorry for KV-5s to be honest. I have no fear of them.

Tiger II's are similar to Lowes and if there is no arty on the field I just roll over people. I'll have to take a look at my ingame stats to see if my numbers back up how confident I feel and how fun this tank is.

I can't wait for the 155mm of doom!! :thumbsup:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Panther II is like a fresh breath of air for German mediums. It is like night and day compared to the anemic panther.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
Kept mine for a long long time but never had the time to retrain my crew (they went into the E-75). It's sad, but the E-75 is beastly in its tier and looks almost the same as the tiger 2.

The KT's the best tier 8 but it can't make any money because of how much the 105 costs. Sad when I sold it.

That's really the crux of the matter for me. I like the KT well enough, but I don't see myself having time to grind up another crew for it. And I don't quite have a garage slot to keep it in either... though that will change as soon as 7.3 comes out since I'll get 3 slots for free, lol.

I guess I'll sell it for now. I can always buy the thing back later if I find myself missing it too much.

Also I dunno about it being the best tier 8. I like my IS-3 better to be honest. The KT's lower glacis & front turret armor are too weak. And it's side armor might as well be paper. Really limits how much angling you can do & your options for getting around corners. Sure, against dummies the upper glacis is wonderful, but only morons shoot it. But I do get more sniper awards w/this tank than any other tank, by FAR lol.

Why put in french tree prior to the british, which had cromwells, churchills, fireflies and a ton of other tanks that DID see action? Don't ask me.
Auto-loaders. WG was really excited about getting this new play-style into the game. Tanks from the other countries would've essentially been more of the same (which is perfectly fine to me), but they wanted to spice it up.

Panther II is like a fresh breath of air for German mediums. It is like night and day compared to the anemic panther.

No. Kidding. Good god. The panther was ok. If you got into a good spot, you could dump out the pain w/the 75 L/100... if anyone sneezed at you, ammo rack, engine, fire, or all three! The armor was a joke; even the PzIV tears through it. It has the same shitty lower glacis/shitty side armor setup that the KT has, which really limits your options since sitting back and sniping isn't always the appropriate course of action.

But the Panther II is awesome. I think I like it better than my Pershing even. I dunno, it's hard for me to hate any tank that has the 88 L/71. Best gun ever?

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Y'know it occurs to me that this thread has more posts and activity than the Skyrim or SWTOR threads and isn't stickied.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Wow no kidding. I never knew that. That explains why going forward and suicide scouting in a Type and hitting something a few times gets so many credits sometimes. I'm not having a little T50 leaching off me. :p

Don't say that, my T-50-2 will be sad. :p Though I did earn 35k~ on that thing for spotting for 2 Ferdinands and a T-34 one game... they killed nearly the whole other team. :)

Also I dunno about it being the best tier 8. I like my IS-3 better to be honest. The KT's lower glacis & front turret armor are too weak. And it's side armor might as well be paper. Really limits how much angling you can do & your options for getting around corners. Sure, against dummies the upper glacis is wonderful, but only morons shoot it. But I do get more sniper awards w/this tank than any other tank, by FAR lol.

I think the IS-3's sides are just as weak. Having played both, I feel like they're very different tanks. IS-3 is more of a brawler with its speed, while the KT is for sure a sniper. The IS-3's front armor makes PAB difficult too, while the KT doesn't have that much problem. Hulled down the KT is incredibly difficult to dig out, and there's plenty of spots where it can be almost like an american heavy.

But yeah, lower glacis is made out of paper. Good up to tier 6~ and maybe certain tier 7 guns. But the rule for any tank is to not let them get to your sides, right? (Is-4 exception)

Auto-loaders. WG was really excited about getting this new play-style into the game. Tanks from the other countries would've essentially been more of the same (which is perfectly fine to me), but they wanted to spice it up.

Meh. I suppose, but I'd have liked to drive some fireflies...

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
No. Kidding. Good god. The panther was ok. If you got into a good spot, you could dump out the pain w/the 75 L/100... if anyone sneezed at you, ammo rack, engine, fire, or all three! The armor was a joke; even the PzIV tears through it. It has the same shitty lower glacis/shitty side armor setup that the KT has, which really limits your options since sitting back and sniping isn't always the appropriate course of action.

But the Panther II is awesome. I think I like it better than my Pershing even. I dunno, it's hard for me to hate any tank that has the 88 L/71. Best gun ever?

It felt like going from the Tiger to the Tiger II. The 88L/71 is a pretty damn good gun for its tier. I can still punch through IS3s from the front with it. With the change in the hitbox and armor for the IS4. I am interested in seeing if the gun has improved vs that tank.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Autoloaders kept my interest in this game. It is a completely different play-style and I loved learning how to make the most of them.

Yes I want the British line. But the French line kept me.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
It felt like going from the Tiger to the Tiger II. The 88L/71 is a pretty damn good gun for its tier. I can still punch through IS3s from the front with it. With the change in the hitbox and armor for the IS4. I am interested in seeing if the gun has improved vs that tank.

You still need to get a good angle to pen the driver slit, but you should be shooting the lower glacis from a distance.

Better yet, shoot a different tank. :p

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
eLiu said:

If you guys like the 88L/71 tank gun you should see the TD version on the JagdPanther :) My god it's amazing with an even higher ROF and quicker aim time. But the gun I bring for max pain is the 105/L52. I don't care how many high tier are in the game it puts holes in them and if I get the angle and can hit them from the side from crazy distances for a lot of damage. You tend to get those "WTF hack" comments or "WTF, how did you shoot me through a rock, JagdPanther?" like I got last night

Just got enough xp for my Ferdi and gave it a try but it's no fun stock, I can't even mount my 105 without upgrades and it's dog slow. Will work on free xp to buy engines , tracks and that 128/L55 gun.

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Franky, the IS-3 is the least feared T8 heavy on my list. It seems very easy to penetrate from any angle. Any gun with good penetration will go right though the upper glacis, much less the lower one. It has good mobility and an OK gun but it seems to always take damage.

It is meant as a brawler, but an American T32 will embarrass an IS3 in CQC being more or less invulnerable, but still have the gun depression to lance through the IS-3's upper hull. I consider the IS-3 comparable to the VK4502A.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
It is meant as a brawler, but an American T32 will embarrass an IS3 in CQC being more or less invulnerable, but still have the gun depression to lance through the IS-3's upper hull. I consider the IS-3 comparable to the VK4502A.

Didn't they Change the T32's turret to have wider "cheeks" that aren't protected by the gun mantlet? Probably still beats an IS-3, but it may no longer be the invincible facehugger that it used to be. :(

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
How is this supposed to be balanced?
It ended in a draw for some reason, but still...
shot_008.jpg

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Didn't they Change the T32's turret to have wider "cheeks" that aren't protected by the gun mantlet? Probably still beats an IS-3, but it may no longer be the invincible facehugger that it used to be. :(

Yes, and they added a copula. So no more facehugging invincible pew pewing. Sad too because I was looking forward to that tank.

JCFalkenberg

Apr 25, 2012
Few tanks annoy me like the Type59.
It has nothing to do with WWII tanks.
IMHO they should purge it from the game and give people a choice between a Löwe or a KV-5 as free replacement.

Whenever I spot a Type59, I want to kill it...even if it might kill my tank too...I don't care...dosn't belong.

Oh get off your high horse and just be glad they won't sell me http://translate.google.com/transla...p://wot.kongzhong.com/news/news_30020758.html that skin, I can only imagine the hilarious amount of rage it would generate.

(as was mentioned, the game isn't just WWII tanks - eg all the T1 tanks are interwar tanks, and many of the tanks (EG IS-7) weren't more than a drawing during WWII, and hell the IS-3, while technically in production probably never saw combat).

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I consider the French 6 shooters more of a problem than a T59. I mean who's idea was it to stick a fast moving 6 shooter into a single shot tank game? And there are a hell of a lot more French tanks in the game than T59s. Crazy Russians. LOL

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I consider the French 6 shooters more of a problem than a T59. I mean who's idea was it to stick a fast moving 6 shooter into a single shot tank game? And there are a hell of a lot more French tanks in the game than T59s. Crazy Russians. LOL
The only problem I have is with the 13 90. I really wish they lowered hit points on the speedy tanks. The lack of armor does not mean ANYTHING if they have 1k hitpoints.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
How is this supposed to be balanced?
It ended in a draw for some reason, but still...
shot_008.jpg

That actually isnt too bad. The IS3s are a problem but you guys look pretty good after that. I'd take a 13 75 over a KV anyday of the week.

I have had much more lopsided games than that. One where the opposing side will have 6 tier9s to our 3. Like wtf?