[MMO] World of Tanks

Page 228 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I usually get 5+ kills in my minimaus and I roll around the map like a boss. It's the only tank I have that really bounces shots.

Oh don't get me wrong, my best game ever in my WOT career is with the mini-maus with 12 kills. But I just find stuff penning me all the time for some reason, especially tetrachs.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Usually I run my daylies like this:

Ltractor
PzII
Luchs
Leopard
VK2801
PzIII/IV
PzIV
VK3001(p)
Tiger(p)
Vk4502A
JagdPanzerIV

And then have some fun in grinding the VK4502A..and then a few in PzIII/IV and JagdPanzerIV.

Today I couldn't stamina anymore than to the Luchs...even if I won the first battle.
Why?
*bleeep* team mates...useless.
http://peecee.dk/upload/view/362720

After that game...I decided just to call it today...I wantteam play...not a single player game... o_O

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
my daylies are on the complete opposite spectrum:
obj 261
IS-7
E-75
M103
T34

Then I usually just play my arty/IS-7 to get thier crew skills up. But I sometimes get my IS-3, IS-4, BT-2, KT, M6 dailies for the hell of it. I would also use my KV and KV-3, but I stole thier crews for the IS-4 and IS-7 and I'm just holding onto them for the split. I have a few other tanks in my garage, but I usually dont even bother with them.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
I play in order of active grinding tanks... right now it is the AMX 50/120, ausfA, Pershing, GW Tiger. Then I play the tanks I want to or the platoon mates want to. When I have 10 minutes, I will play my MS1 solo.

I ALMOST got a steel wall in my T1 HT in a tier 9 match (platoon) as I was baiting all sorts of things to hit me in the tracks. I only took 7 hits though, but I made an E75 0% crit me twice and a T54 0% me as well.

[edit]I found a picture that truly represents my play style:
www.personal.psu.edu/emr131/wot/derp.jpg

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I play in order of active grinding tanks... right now it is the AMX 50/120, ausfA, Pershing, GW Tiger. Then I play the tanks I want to or the platoon mates want to. When I have 10 minutes, I will play my MS1 solo.

I ALMOST got a steel wall in my T1 HT in a tier 9 match (platoon) as I was baiting all sorts of things to hit me in the tracks. I only took 7 hits though, but I made an E75 0% crit me twice and a T54 0% me as well.

[edit]I found a picture that truly represents my play style:
www.personal.psu.edu/emr131/wot/derp.jpg

Your post remind me of my epic game I had in my IS-7. It was the map with the middle that needs a heavy to break open, and the caps are on the east/west and you spawn on the north/south.

Well for starters, there was no arty, which is always nice to see when playing a tier 10 tank. I decided to roll over to the cap side, and then shoot a few shots at the tanks in the middle island. After that, I spotted the tanks across the bridge that were hulled down. After they broke my gun twice (repair once, then broke again). I said hell with it, backed up, rolled behind the houses and then went in to the cap directly facing the people shooting at me. I sat in the cap for a good 3+ minutes while they just dinged off me and tracked me repeatedly (was an E-50, IS-3, T-29 at first). After about a minute, an IS-4 teammate came and hid behind me to help, and the enemy team was reinforced by a batchat, IS-7 and tiger 2. After a long shoot out, my team and I had killed everything but the E-50 over there and we finally capped. Finished with ~600hp and 59 hits taken. I would have never survived any of that if they would have had a single arty.

edit: I wish the stats tracked the most hits taken and survived for each tank. I know the most I've had is ~85. It was on my T32 and it was the same map and I was hulled down defending on the other side of the bridge. I had an easy8 or something constantly shooting me every few seconds the entire game and bouncing.

Last edited:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Usually I run my daylies like this:

Ltractor
PzII
Luchs
Leopard
VK2801
PzIII/IV
PzIV
VK3001(p)
Tiger(p)
Vk4502A
JagdPanzerIV

And then have some fun in grinding the VK4502A..and then a few in PzIII/IV and JagdPanzerIV.

Today I couldn't stamina anymore than to the Luchs...even if I won the first battle.
Why?
*bleeep* team mates...useless.
http://peecee.dk/upload/view/362720

After that game...I decided just to call it today...I wantteam play...not a single player game... o_O

Heh you quit after a winning match in which you got 7 kills? Here is the type match I quit. Go out and start a push on one side of the match with support. We make gains and I get a kill only to see my support and the other side of the map melt away. It ends with an 8-10 on one gangbang and another loss.

LurkerPrime

Aug 11, 2010
I wish you could change the team stats to show damage done and kills. Makes alot more sense than just kills. Although people would bitch more about arty on those games I do 5k+ damage and they were able to see that.

Does anyone have a mod that shows the win/loss ratio and efficiency for everyone set up? If you could shoot me a link and how to get things working, that would be great.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
I wish you could change the team stats to show damage done and kills. Makes alot more sense than just kills. Although people would bitch more about arty on those games I do 5k+ damage and they were able to see that.

Does anyone have a mod that shows the win/loss ratio and efficiency for everyone set up? If you could shoot me a link and how to get things working, that would be great.

people have been requesting damage done for a long time. It makes a lot more sense than kills, I'm tired of idiots mouthing off because they killed 2 scouts at 5% hp each while the IS-4 got 0 kills but has been pounding 4 separate tier 9s all game.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999

I had the efficiency mod installed and configured for all of 1 day. I uninstalled it quickly as ignorance is bliss. I used some configuration file that was posted in the mod thread.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, and it works great. Look in the WOT addons forum. It works as a proxy. It shows win/loss, efficiency, and games played. It even colors the player names red/yellow/green. The vast majority of players are red (<49%). A few are purple, which is high win rates.

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
people have been requesting damage done for a long time. It makes a lot more sense than kills, I'm tired of idiots mouthing off because they killed 2 scouts at 5% hp each while the IS-4 got 0 kills but has been pounding 4 separate tier 9s all game.

I love it when they say "fail arty" or "fail E100", you have not seen me knock 700+ HP off targets all game, sorry!

For something completely different, I ran my E100 south and east towards the magic forest on Murovanka. I surprised the crap out of some medium over there and than just sat in the bottom with ~50 HP (arty zapped me gooooood) and sniped into the forest all game. People kept telling me to push, I said HAH no thanks. I ended up with only 2 kills (arty and the medium) but I seriously damaged 4 others.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Yes, and it works great. Look in the WOT addons forum. It works as a proxy. It shows win/loss, efficiency, and games played. It even colors the player names red/yellow/green. The vast majority of players are red (<49%). A few are purple, which is high win rates.

and it's fucking disappointing when you see half of your team is red while the other team is filled with yellows and greens with one purple.

Binky

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
and it's fucking disappointing when you see half of your team is red while the other team is filled with yellows and greens with one purple.
Yes...it is. Although, after watching the balance of red/green on the teams, I'm pretty sure that the matchmaker pays attention to the player "skills," possibly more than say, ohh, the nine Type 59's, or the 6 TD's it just put on one team (and none on the other).

I'm also quite certain that within a few percent, the win/loss ratio means nothing. I'd say 90%+ of players have win ratios of 48%-52%. I still like seeing it though. It gives you something to look at when that jackass in the scout (you all know him) blazes to the enemy base before anybody is ready, AND there are no arty, I look at his loss ratio, and it's usually 45% or less. Or that KV-5 sitting in our base telling everybody that he's a bad-ass sniper. Yep, he's a 45% player too.

Also, when I get put on the team facing a platoon on the other side with all purple names, I know what we're in for...

bockie

Jan 26, 2001
Also, when I get put on the team facing a platoon on the other side with all purple names, I know what we're in for...

Usually I tell my team 'that platoon is good / skilled / deadly' and a lot of times my team will specifically target them. I've won a lot of games with skilled platoons on the other team and vice versa.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Yes...it is. Although, after watching the balance of red/green on the teams, I'm pretty sure that the matchmaker pays attention to the player "skills," possibly more than say, ohh, the nine Type 59's, or the 6 TD's it just put on one team (and none on the other).

I'm also quite certain that within a few percent, the win/loss ratio means nothing. I'd say 90%+ of players have win ratios of 48%-52%. I still like seeing it though. It gives you something to look at when that jackass in the scout (you all know him) blazes to the enemy base before anybody is ready, AND there are no arty, I look at his loss ratio, and it's usually 45% or less. Or that KV-5 sitting in our base telling everybody that he's a bad-ass sniper. Yep, he's a 45% player too.

Its especially funny when some 42% asshole is telling us he's an awesome player, then I look at his hit ratio and it's hovering at around 65-70% for a tiger 2, one of the most accurate tanks in the game. Not so surprisingly he's the first guy dead because he went out all by himself.

Also ran into some top clans before, thankfully they were on my team. >_>

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Researched tracks and turret on the panther, now the grind to the 75/100...
As I did not buy the VK3601, I free-xped to the panther so I don't have the short 88 so stuck with the stock gun for now.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
As I did not buy the VK3601, I free-xped to the panther so I don't have the short 88 so stuck with the stock gun for now.

You missed out on an awesome tank :p I love the 3601.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
It will pay off whenever you can shoot at enemies in the distance. I don't do premium but I can still make insane credits consistently with the Panther (on ok teams, it is a support tank) but now with the free T34 I drive it just for fun. I have toolbox, ram and vents on mine. Once I get 6th sense, I'll be able to deal better with arty, they seem to see me as a priority target regardless of what tier the match is made of.

BTW, anyone else discover to be more aggravated about losing in WOT than in other games? As a FPS first player, the lack of autonomy and increased reliance on the team compared to other games shortens my game sessions.

cecco

Jan 27, 2005
Losing doesn't bother me that much. I've played enough battles that sometimes just looking at the tank composition on each side is enough to let me know how the battle will end. Nonetheless I personally play each game doing everything possible to win. if it means covering the weak flank, so be it, even if it will be certain death. I might just be the one to buy the others enough time to pull it off.

What probably bothers me the most are the players that get a whiff of losing and initiate the 'n00b' 'fail team' sequence. Win as a team, lose as a team. Railing on others as if it renders you immune of having taken part in 'fail team' makes no sense. You're going to be a loser regardless.

Anyway, 40k XP away from the IS-4. I think I'll get there before patch goes live, but I also need to get the S70!

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Losing doesn't bother me near as much as the whiners and name calling that goes on in many fights. Most people have no idea what good sportsmanship is. Least ways most dont practice it. That kind of conduct angers me more than losing. Sure, I play to win but more importantly I play to have fun.

Also, I finally got the 120mm on my T-28 Proto last night. Now I make them big tanks respect me. KA-BOOM! LOL

Llwellyn

Feb 29, 2012
looks like 7.3 is going to public test already. This is alot faster than anticipated.

Yes, way too fast for me. I just converted some free XP and unlocked the last gun on the KV-3, but I still need just shy of 40K to unlock the IS so I will get the full convert package when the patch hits.

I'm still not very damn good, so I don't know if I'll make it even if I try. They are still saying it'll be live before the end of the month. I do have premium, but I only have a Hotchkiss and a T14 for premium tanks to earn XP. At least I don't have to BUY the IS, just elite the KV-3. I only have about 200K creds because of the equipment sale... unfortunately, I didn't get around to a rammer and vents on the KV-3 before I ran out of credits.

I'm still going to try, but I expect to get fed up along the way, or end up just shy if I manage to hang in whole hog.

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
Well the Panther with the loooooooooooooong 75 fits my style. Got a class I mastery on it on himmelsdorf, of all places...it is like a turreted TD that can move pretty well. Being able to put a round after round in a 1 meter wide space between a building and some random car from 250m is amazing.

It is silly that WoT had to invent a gun because the 75/70 doesn't cut it against late 40's heavy armor but it works well.

stag3

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
damn haven't touched tanks all weekend due to the d3 open beta hahaha
need to get my daily double at least on the tanks i'm grinding now...

god fail teams again, it continues to amaze me how i can get 3-4 kills per match yet our team gets blown out
it's almost like i'm on a team with all my guys being loltraktors

Last edited:

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
damn haven't touched tanks all weekend due to the d3 open beta hahaha
need to get my daily double at least on the tanks i'm grinding now...

god fail teams again, it continues to amaze me how i can get 3-4 kills per match yet our team gets blown out
it's almost like i'm on a team with all my guys being loltraktors

I was trying to catch up on daily doubles tonight and ohhhh god it was terrible. I only got 1 win in 10 matches and it was in my dinky little tier 2 french tank (H35?). The higher tier games I tried in the M103 and KT were just lolwtf ridiculous.