I Fought For....

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
This is pathetic that barrack hussein obama would make a statement like this, he must be defeated in November

Well... The Executive as defined by the Constitution has all the power vested in one person... The President. Every member of his Administration and all the Executive Depts, the Military and the National Guard when 'activated' act on his behalf.

Why would he NOT make a statement like is high lighted by the OP?

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Well... The Executive as defined by the Constitution has all the power vested in one person... The President. Every member of his Administration and all the Executive Depts, the Military and the National Guard when 'activated' act on his behalf.

Why would he NOT make a statement like is high lighted by the OP?

Reality.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
His type will also quickly shove aside opinions from veterans if it doesn't match with his viewpoint. Most of the people I served with had little to no opinion in politics while the rest split about 50/50. Some of my most vocally liberal friends are vets and I consider myself to be a left leaning moderate.

The conservatives seem to think they have a monopoly on the military. That just isn't the case. Just look at the recent thread about donations between Obama, Paul, and Romney.

Again, this whole thing is a non-issue except to those looking to pick a fight over words. Even with as much as I disliked Bush and his abuse of the military I couldn't have faulted him for making a similar statement.

Except this has little to nothing to do with politics. This is real world...Why we fight.

Nov 29, 2006
IDsF2.gif

Nov 29, 2006
Active duty Navy from 93-97. He is the Commander in Chief. I dont really care what he said. It sounds like the typical out of context GOP circle jerk you guys love so much.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
It's threads like these that show that there are some really unintelligent people in this country. A777pilot I really hope you don't believe half the crap you post on here. Please tell me you're just trying to get a rise out of other stupid people. Other stupid people please tell me that you're joking too and just trying to turn A777pilot on. It's a sick fetish right? Make stupid political commentary while rubbing one out?

I say you end the cycle and stop it immediately. It's embarrassing.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
It's threads like these that show that there are some really unintelligent people in this country. A777pilot I really hope you don't believe half the crap you post on here. Please tell me you're just trying to get a rise out of other stupid people. Other stupid people please tell me that you're joking too and just trying to turn A777pilot on. It's a sick fetish right? Make stupid political commentary while rubbing one out?

The only thing I want to stop is this Fool, Bobo, the Post turtle, and his minions.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

Perhaps you should take the OP at face value.... Perhaps you should realize that many take those opinions as fact or don't go against it as being "part of the team."

Perhaps you shouldn't play the middle man...

Perhaps you should stand up....

Perhaps you take a stand instead of mitigating....

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

I don't understand what you mean by reality... what I posted is factual... and Obama's use of the words he used in your highlighted quote is exactly what he should say in any context...

The Sec State told Putin to ah heck off.... as an example... and Obama says, 'She acts on my behalf... and I concur'... Or ... he may not agree with her act but it was on his behalf that it was done. It seems her actions affect us all also... just as the military's does.

Is that not appropriate? I guess I don't quite follow your point... Is it that you don't recognize Obama as President? Or that his word useage was incorrect because the Military (who swear an oath to follow his orders) don't act on his behalf in your thinking but, act on behalf of someone I'd think... Who would that be if not us citizens who Obama is one of as well... Even those who have not served...

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
You get one vote. Use it. Stop acting like a fool though. We all have different political views but, in my opinion, you really need to start using your brain. You're such an emotional creature that you never stop to think about things you read, hear, or see. You just hear the word "Obama" and start foaming at the mouth just like a dog does when it sees a piece of steak. Is that really how you want to be perceived?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Does anyone else, when reading threads like this one started by flyboy, start to wonder "since when do asylums get internet connections?"

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
You get one vote. Use it. Stop acting like a fool though. We all have different political views but, in my opinion, you really need to start using your brain. You're such an emotional creature that you never stop to think about things you read, hear, or see. You just hear the word "Obama" and start foaming at the mouth just like a dog does when it sees a piece of steak. Is that really how you want to be perceived?

YES!

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
I don't understand what you mean by reality... what I posted is factual... and Obama's use of the words he used in your highlighted quote is exactly what he should say in any context...

The Sec State told Putin to ah heck off.... as an example... and Obama says, 'She acts on my behalf... and I concur'... Or ... he may not agree with her act but it was on his behalf that it was done. It seems her actions affect us all also... just as the military's does.

Is that not appropriate? I guess I don't quite follow your point... Is it that you don't recognize Obama as President? Or that his word useage was incorrect because the Military (who swear an oath to follow his orders) don't act on his behalf in your thinking but, act on behalf of someone I'd think... Who would that be if not us citizens who Obama is one of as well... Even those who have not served...

We do not swear an oath to follow His orders unconditionally. Do re-read the oaths.

I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Each person enlisting in an armed force shall take the following oath:

"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We do not swear an oath to follow His orders unconditionally. Do re-read the oaths.

I swore an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States.

But you don't do either. You are determined to defend, not the Constitution or the President, but to defend your delusional opinion of what you think you swore to, not how the law would actually hold you accountable acting out on those opinions. This is why you missed LR's point on the nature of reality. You don't live in it.

When you swore to defend the Constitution you swore to follow the orders you were given. If you, in good conscious think those orders violate the Constitution it could be that you are right but you might still wind up executed for treason anyway. The military can't work too well if folk determine for themselves what orders they will or will not obey.

The Commander in Chief is the duly appointed official the Constitution says calls the shots for the military. And even though you are vastly wiser and more educated than Obama and superior to him in every other way as well, as a military person, he gets to tell you what to do.

You probably just have to large an ego to be psychologically suited to serve in the military.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

"I, XXXXXXXXXX, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

There is no conflict between the oath and what the OP claims assuming a777pilot is God.

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003

Technically the Oath for Officers is slightly different:
"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

But I still stand by the view that Obama was simply showing respect to the military as they "fight on the behalf" of all US citizens including himself. Saying otherwise is just showing rabid partisanship.

Also, if any officer fails to follow orders of the President (Commander in Chief) they will find their careers cut very short under other than honorable conditions like the Marine that recently got discharged.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ant-who-posted-facebook-posts-critical-obama/