I Fought For....

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
....this nation, you know, We the People, and swore an oath to the US Constitution.

What is wrong with this Fool?

“those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf.”

http://www.scribd.com/jaykjz9124/d/...half-Really-Elliot-Abrams-The-Weekly-Standard

There were two modern "leaders" that wrote autobiographies before they had accomplished anything. Obama and Hitler. Two prime examples of pathological narcissists.

I would like to hear the opinion on this from all those who served/serve in the US Military.

Thanks.

Last edited:

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
Considering he is technically the one sending us to combat and he alone is the one that could pull us out I'd say it was fine. I'm not a fan, but his handling of these wars in my opinion has been better than that of what Bush did. I did not like the Lybia call, but as a whole he is winding things down and trying to use drones more as opposed to more land based conflicts.

Poor choice of words, but most everyone gets what he was saying. He definately did not mean "I'm the king, go forth and conquer these lands on my behalf"

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Considering he is technically the one sending us to combat and he alone is the one that could pull us out I'd say it was fine. I'm not a fan, but his handling of these wars in my opinion has been better than that of what Bush did. I did not like the Lybia call, but as a whole he is winding things down and trying to use drones more as opposed to more land based conflicts.

Poor choice of words, but most everyone gets what he was saying. He definately did not mean "I'm the king, go forth and conquer these lands on my behalf"

When did you serve?

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Fighting on behalf of all American citizens .... nothing wrong with the statement.

91 - 95 myself, active duty Army.

edit: Oh, I forgot, you don't think Obama is a citizen ..

Last edited:

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
tumblr_lnx6407PZD1qmxw1lo1_500.jpg

hate on hater

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Fighting on behalf of all American citizens .... nothing wrong with the statement.

91 - 95 myself, active duty Army.

edit: Oh, I forgot, you don't think Obama is a citizen ..

edit: Oh, I forgot, you don't think Obama is a citizen.

I have stated numerous times that is OBE.

I would love to see, however, how he paid for his college education. That would be interesting.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Commander in Chief of all the Armed Forces... It is prudent to evolve as the situation does... To cement one's anything to yesterday's situation can only serve to deal effectively with what was and not what is... Nimble minds change as the issues do....

Evolve versus Devolve is only prudent...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
....this nation, you know, We the People, and swore an oath to the US Constitution.

http://www.scribd.com/jaykjz9124/d/...half-Really-Elliot-Abrams-The-Weekly-Standard

There were two modern "leaders" that wrote autobiographies before they had accomplished anything. Obama and Hitler. Two prime examples of pathological narcissists.

I would like to hear the opinion on this from all those who served/serve in the US Military.

Thanks.

The military fights on behalf of all American citizens, the President included.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009

Thanks.

Pathetic attempt at trying to argue semantics.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
true, but no one, not one single individual took an oath of loyalty to the President of the United States.

Irrelevant. No one claimed they did. Fighting on behalf of someone has nothing to do with whether or not you have taken an oath of loyalty to that person.

You read too many ultra right wing sites, they confuse that too.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Irrelevant. No one claimed they did. Fighting on behalf of someone has nothing to do with whether or not you have taken an oath of loyalty to that person.

No, it is not irrelevant. It is an insight into this Fool's mind. He is a pathological narcissists.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It was an unfortunate choice of words, but technically true. The military fights on behalf of all of us, including Obama.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
Lol, comparing Hitler to Obama. I was hoping nobody would reply to this troll thread.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
No, it is not irrelevant. It is an insight into this Fool's mind. He is a pathological narcissists.

To quote your signature:

"If you actually believe what you write you're one of the most stunningly stupid people to ever post here. That's no mean feat." - eskimospy

Feb 10, 2000
Jeez - talk about much ado about nothing. I gather what he meant was that American servicemen serve "for" him as a US Citizen, but clearly also meant that he was uncomfortable asking them to risk their lives as Commander in Chief while they are being denied the right to marry. You are making me happier and happier that I am quoted in your signature.

<---- Active-duty AF officer, 1999-2005, including deployment into a combat zone (the specific location remains, as far as I am aware, classified).

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009

Thanks.

I'm sorry.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Lol, comparing Hitler to Obama. I was hoping nobody would reply to this troll thread.

Yes and no.

Did both of those two publish an auto-biography early in life before they did anything to set out a road map? That is the comparison. If you think I am comparing this Fool to the historical atrocities of Hitler then you have a major problem.