I Fought For....

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
You said previously that you swore an oath to the constitution and not to the President. You then say you served in Vietnam and followed the orders of two idiots who didn't listen to their advisers and didn't get a declaration of war from Congress.

So is this whole thread you being bitter about the Vietnam war (and rightly so) or about Obama making his statement?

I think most of us would appreciate where you're coming from if your fear is that soldiers repeat the mistakes of Vietnam and follow a fool blindly into war rather than us following the Constitution, making legal declarations of War, and only fighting wars that are worth it.

LBJ made great mistakes in Vietnam. Bush made mistakes in Iraq/Afghanistan. Neither of those two ever imagined that the military was theirs to do with as they pleased. They understood the Constitution.

I am not upset that I went to Vietnam. There were mistakes and if LBJ had listened to his military there would not have been 55,000 names on a wall. If Bush had listened Iraq and Afghanistan would been over and successful. Bin Laden would have been dead ten years ago.....not last year.

If Obama's speech writers had just used the phrase "on behalf of Freedom" or "on behalf of the American people" all would have been better.

On the subject of the speech:

I support the proposition that marriage is between one man and one woman.

Last edited:

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
p.s., I forgot to comment on your statement:

I think most of us would appreciate where you're coming from if your fear is that soldiers repeat the mistakes of Vietnam and follow a fool blindly into war rather than us following the Constitution, making legal declarations of War, and only fighting wars that are worth it.

Well said and I agree. .

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
It was in fact a resolution to use military force. It was an authorization of war.

The reason there are over 55,000 names on a wall is because LBJ was an idiot and decided he and McNamara knew more than the Joint chiefs of Staff.

You might want to read the story told by LtGen Charles G. Cooper, USMC (Ret). I'm sure you can find it on the net. It's out there. Read it.

OK, I get it now...

You have evolved to this view based on what you at some point determined were idiotic decisions made by those who had the authority to cause folks to effect them.

Today as you see the world's happenings you resent what you believe to be deja vu but with new names on both the shinny brass door and the tombstones of the fallen.

How dare they assume folks go to war and die for some politicians political gain... They go because the people of the US and only the people of the US need them to... Might that be your thinking?

You are bitter and you know it... let it go...

A person once addressed an audience starting with holding up a 100$ bill and asked who wants it... everyone raised their hand... he then threw it on the ground and stomped on it and crumpled it and did all manner of things to it to make it as ugly a thing as he could... when he was done he again asked if anyone wanted it... and again everyone raised their hand...
We are no different than that 100$ bill... No matter how crumpled and dirty we are or who stomps us into the dirt we are not worthless. We retain our value no matter the circumstance that we faced... But above that when we enter our homes and look about we are priceless even if our home is empty of people and contains but a mirror... No Obama or Bush or anyone can reduce our value by their actions... Nor can they give us more than we have... What we do or have done we did because of who we are not because of who they are.

IMO...

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
If Obama's speech writers had just used the phrase "on behalf of Freedom" or "on behalf of the American people" all would have been better.

deep seated is your hatred of Obama!!

If what you claim is such a gregarious offense, why are none of the mainstream new organizations plastering this all over????

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
deep seated is your hatred of Obama!! Yes, it is.

If what you claim is such a gregarious (Wrong word) offense, why are none of the mainstream new organizations plastering this all over????[/QUOTE]

why are none of the mainstream new(s) organizations plastering this all over?

You've got to be kidding me? Really? You are really asking this question. Tlak about brain dead.........

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
OK, I get it now...

You have evolved to this view based on what you at some point determined were idiotic decisions made by those who had the authority to cause folks to effect them.

Today as you see the world's happenings you resent what you believe to be deja vu but with new names on both the shinny brass door and the tombstones of the fallen.

How dare they assume folks go to war and die for some politicians political gain... They go because the people of the US and only the people of the US need them to... Might that be your thinking?

You are bitter and you know it... let it go...

A person once addressed an audience starting with holding up a 100$ bill and asked who wants it... everyone raised their hand... he then threw it on the ground and stomped on it and crumpled it and did all manner of things to it to make it as ugly a thing as he could... when he was done he again asked if anyone wanted it... and again everyone raised their hand...
We are no different than that 100$ bill... No matter how crumpled and dirty we are or who stomps us into the dirt we are not worthless. We retain our value no matter the circumstance that we faced... But above that when we enter our homes and look about we are priceless even if our home is empty of people and contains but a mirror... No Obama or Bush or anyone can reduce our value by their actions... Nor can they give us more than we have... What we do or have done we did because of who we are not because of who they are.

IMO...

It's beginning to look a lot like PTSD. Whether or not he's been diagnosed or treated it sure seems to have eaten his soul.

Poor fellow.
:(

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
It's beginning to look a lot like PTSD. Whether or not he's been diagnosed or treated it sure seems to have eaten his soul.

Poor fellow.
:(

Sorry to disappoint but I am far from any "Poor fellow". I've live a full and exciting life. I would not trade places with anyone, nor would I change one thing in my past. It is my past that has gotten me to where I am today. Life is good.

However, I see no reason not to try to change that which I see as wrong.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Quote:

why are none of the mainstream new(s) organizations plastering this all over?

You've got to be kidding me? Really? You are really asking this question. Tlak about brain dead.........

Kindding..umm...no!!
But you are at a huge loss to explain why none of the mainstream news organizations are as up in arms as you are about Obama`s supposed goof.....

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Kindding..umm...no!!
But you are at a huge loss to explain why none of the mainstream news organizations are as up in arms as you are about Obama`s supposed goof.....

LOL!

You are really funny.

Name me a MSM outlet, other than FOX, that is not doing everything they can to get this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, re-elected.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
LOL!

You are really funny.

Name me a MSM outlet, other than FOX, that is not doing everything they can to get this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, re-elected.

Just as I thought...you use non conventional media outlets to support your fake, false outrage.....

All you had to do was tell me that I was correct and you were wrong!!

Instead you answered my question like somebody who has no true basis slam the president.

That is so funny!! Just man up and say Jedi was correct!!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Sorry to disappoint but I am far from any "Poor fellow". I've live a full and exciting life. I would not trade places with anyone, nor would I change one thing in my past. It is my past that has gotten me to where I am today. Life is good.

However, I see no reason not to try to change that which I see as wrong.

You should have addressed LR's post. He didn't call you a poor fellow. You were drawn to that like a moth to a flame.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Why would I wish to state a falsehood? JEDI is and remains wrong.
People like you see no falsehood in what you say because you are blinded by your hatred for Obama.
You cannot and will not be able to answer my question because to do so makes you a liar....

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
People like you see no falsehood in what you say because you are blinded by your hatred for Obama.
You cannot and will not be able to answer my question because to do so makes you a liar....

I am not wrong. I am not a liar....at least not on this subject. Your question does not make sense and cannot be answered to one of your political leanings. You actually think that the MSM, less FOX, are fair, neutral and totally unbiased when it comes to the reporting of the news, especially news of this liberal President. You are delusional in that belief. There is nothing that I or anyone else can say or do to open your eyes and mind.