From China with Love [G80, R600 and G81 info]

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
Since when could you only like one company? Hell I have used just about every card from nVidia since the tnt and same goes for ATI since the radeon. There is no way AMD is going to hand over high-end gfx to nVidia, it would idiotic.

Passenger57

May 14, 2006
I'll probably have to wait for the G81 and hope they shrink the length of those cards. There's no way I'll be able to fit the GTX in my machine, and I think even the GTS would be a really tight squeeze.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I'm personally getting a little tired of these ridiculous comments stating that R600 will be ATi's last high-end card.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
Originally posted by: BFG10K
I'm personally getting a little tired of these ridiculous comments stating that R600 will be ATi's last high-end card.

Ya. Me too. Especially when presented with absolute glee by some members around here. Like GTaudiophile mentioned, what do we gain by having one contender anyway? Have any of the disillusioned Nvidia guys (i.e Crusader, Wreckage, and Gstanfor) taken any business classes? Competition=:thumbsup: Monopoly= :thumbsdown:

Sable

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
Crusader is nothing but a spreader of NVDA FUD. Take his posts with a grain of salt.
I rate his trustworthiness up there with the inq's to be honest. ;)

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Me too. Pure speculation.

What makes me laugh even more though is that these guys: Crusader, Wreckage, etc were all supporting Nvidia before ATI's merger because they favoured Nvidia (fair enough), but now they're doing their part to "support the little guy." Give me a freaking break guys!

Wreckage

Banned
Jul 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Elfear

Ya. Me too. Especially when presented with absolute glee by some members around here. Like GTaudiophile mentioned, what do we gain by having one contender anyway? Have any of the disillusioned Nvidia guys (i.e Crusader, Wreckage, and Gstanfor) taken any business classes? Competition=:thumbsup: Monopoly= :thumbsdown:

Where did I ever say this was a good thing? I have said over and over that I want the competition between ATI and NVIDIA to remain strong so that we keep getting good products and low prices.

However, I don't see AMD being able to focus on both. In fact no one outside of ATI fanatics (who are still in shock over this purchase) see AMD continuing the high end fight beyond the R600.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Ulfhednar
Pecisely. I don't understand why people are peeing themselves with excitement and preaching "the death of ATI"

Only Crusader does that. I think most other people would like ATI to still be there.

Ulfhednar

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2006
Originally posted by: thilan29
Pecisely. I don't understand why people are peeing themselves with excitement and preaching "the death of ATI"
Only Crusader does that. I think most other people would like ATI to still be there.
Gstanfor and Wreckage sound like they too would love to see ATI out of the graphics card market and Nvidia having a monopoly TBH, no matter how bad it would be for the consumer.

imported_Crusader

Feb 12, 2006
FEAR 1600x1200: 16xAA @34FPS,
This is very impressive if true.

So much AA, above 4 is there even a noticable difference?
Absolutely.

I certainly hope its true BFG. But it appears some of the info found on the chinese forums has been proven true.

Nvidia @65nm
Some have stated when I posted this info in the other thread that 65nm wasnt going to be possible with G81. This confirms at least that part of my info.

Originally posted by: apoppin
and it looks like AMD and Intel will unite to destroy them when nvidia attempts their CPU .. . . which they are making which they must make. ;)

What?? This is seriously either pure hatred, or pure stupidity.. and I am really NOT trying to be insulting when I say that because there is no nice way to put the appropriate reaction your statement.
Do you understand the stake that Intel has in Nvidia financially? It makes a lot more sense for Intel to try to buy Nvidia or partner with them.
Problem is, Nvidia isnt a 2-dollar-ho like ATI.. but Intel could probably pull it off if anyone could. But a partnership makes a lot of sense, if even to simply as a means for Intel to hurt AMD by starving off the popular Nforce and SLI options.
What company puts their own investment out of business. :thumbsdown: :disgust:
I'm wondering what kind of insane reasoning for this you can cook up (not really, just wanted you to know that you're nuts).

Read.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Crusader
Problem is, Nvidia isnt a 2-dollar-ho like ATI..

Wow, just wow...your arrogance/stupidity/insanity knows no bounds does it?

I'd like to see NVidia run out of business just to hear you squeal. Although I doubt that will happen any time soon.

imported_Crusader

Feb 12, 2006

You obviously havent read my direct response to this, or choose to ignore it becuase most of you would rather attack someone rather than take into account their actual viewpoints.

Crusaders view-
Doesnt matter what happens to "ATI" branded video cards. They can go under. That'd be great. Why? This is a free market, someone will take their place if theres a profit to be made.
ATI isnt necessary to be around, someone else will step in.
Thats why I dont care. Kinda funny watching the ATI fanboys squeal though, I can admit that much.

I'm guessing no one here is in any sort of private business? There are plenty capable companies that'd get in the market if they could A) Survive Nvidia, and B) Consider it worthwhile/profitable.
What part of the capitalistic system dont you guys understand? This is how we do things in the USA.

I like Nvidia product, so its nice to see them live to fight another day, unlike ATI. Good riddance to bad rubbish... and I wish AMD the best of luck.. they are a good company as they know how to run a business.. and have more great talent now.

redbox

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2005
but Intel could probably pull it off if anyone could. But a partnership makes a lot of sense, if even to simply as a means for Intel to hurt AMD by starving off the popular Nforce and SLI options.

I hear that RD600 is supposted to own Nvidia's chips for conroe. If that is true I will have no reason to buy from Nvidia.

I kind of find the merger between ATI/AMD to be a good thing. ATI gets to use the fabs of AMD and Nvidia will still be using TSCM or whatever it's called. Why would Nvidia be looking toward cpu's if they didn't see this merger as a posible risk? But to each his own. I am sure you will have another cheer to do about this.

Cheers to some interesting times!

Ulfhednar

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2006
What part of the capitalistic system dont you guys understand? This is how we do things in the USA.
Will you please stop reminding everyone that you're American? I think most of the Americans here would love to see you ejected from the country. :roll:

As for the capitalist system being "what you do in the USA," would you mind telling me what economic system we have here in the UK? :laugh: Are we "dirty commies" or something to you, Crusader? You already called me a Limey, take it lower! :laugh:

imported_Crusader

Feb 12, 2006

Hey, you guys dont like how I word things. Thats nice.
What I actually stated in that post is still the truth though.

Anytime you want to take on my points and statements go ahead, but its nice to know how easy it is to agitate you guys. When you actually get over the verbage used in my posts.. feel free to take on my statements.
Bitter ATI fanboys can hear and see the truth of the situation.. but dont want to accept it so they flame out in forums. :)

Elfdinner-
I know you cant handle my slight digs that I bury in my posts.. but quit going off topic if you really have nothing to say. I'm not going to respond to your dumbass comments. If you cant handle the digs, dont post.

imported_Crusader

Feb 12, 2006
Originally posted by: redbox
but Intel could probably pull it off if anyone could. But a partnership makes a lot of sense, if even to simply as a means for Intel to hurt AMD by starving off the popular Nforce and SLI options.

I hear that RD600 is supposted to own Nvidia's chips for conroe. If that is true I will have no reason to buy from Nvidia.

I kind of find the merger between ATI/AMD to be a good thing. ATI gets to use the fabs of AMD and Nvidia will still be using TSCM or whatever it's called. Why would Nvidia be looking toward cpu's if they didn't see this merger as a posible risk? But to each his own. I am sure you will have another cheer to do about this.

Cheers to some interesting times!

ATI is still using TSMC for R600. AMD barely has enough capacity for their own product and are constantly expanding as quickly as they can.

Ulfhednar

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2006
Anytime you want to take on my points and statements go ahead, but its nice to know how easy it is to agitate you guys. When you actually get over the verbage used in my posts.. feel free to take on my statements.
Bitter ATI fanboys can hear and see the truth of the situation.. but dont want to accept it so they flame out in forums. :)
Firstly; I'm not agitated, I really do find you highly amusing. Your posts are getting more laughs out of me than the Steve Martin movie that's on right now. :laugh:

Secondly; If I am an ATI fanboy, how do you explain the fact that I own more Nvidia graphics cards than ATI ones? :laugh:

ZOMG, realisation! Am I an Nvidia fanboy? :shocked: :laugh:

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005

Hey, you guys dont like how I word things. Thats nice.
What I actually stated in that post is still the truth though.

Elfdinner-
I know you cant handle my slight digs that I bury in my posts.. but quit going off topic if you really have nothing to say. I'm not going to respond to your dumbass comments. If you cant handle the digs, dont post.

I wonder how long you would actually last if you spoke like you do in your marvelous capitalist system. You do work for a business don't you?? Do you speak at work like you do here? You're the one telling people they're only badasses on forums but not in real life...I have to wonder now whether you are the same. You might speak like you do to your friends but I really doubt whether you speak like this at work...trying to offend anyone that doesn't agree with your viewpoint.

And I'm an ATI fanboy because I don't want to see them leave the GPU market (yet to be confirmed anyway)??? You're dumber than I thought.

imported_Crusader

Feb 12, 2006
You just want to argue and post. You dont even have any statements or views.. you just blab on, elfdinner. If you really find anything posted in ATV "funny" you are a huge nerd...

If you arent agitated, you are very mindless to not have any opposing viewpoint, but to rather just post on the digs imbedded in my posts. You just want to argue and are clearly bored.. quite possibly a loser (black finger nails?).. I've got things to do kid.

If you want to actually talk about the video card market, and can handle glossing over some digs... you can chat it up with me. Till then.

Creig

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Just keep talking, Crusader. Obviously the one week vacation the Moderators gave you wasn't enough. Maybe this time we'll get lucky and won't have to read any more of your idiocy for a month.

Ulfhednar

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2006
You just want to argue and post. You dont even have any statements or views.. you just blab on, elfdinner. If you really find anything posted in ATV "funny" you are a huge nerd...
I have made my statements and views clear, I just don't see the point in doing a swings and roundabouts routine trying to actually discuss those views with you. Don't you remember my views on your Nostradamus-like prediction of ATI's execution from the video card market being bullcrap?

I guess you don't, because I stopped bothering after the first truckload of crap you spat all over your keyboard and onto these forums.

If you arent agitated, you are very mindless to not have any opposing viewpoint, but to rather just post on the digs imbedded in my posts. You just want to argue and are clearly bored.. quite possibly a loser (black finger nails?).. I've got things to do kid.
Oh I am bored, which is why I find your posts so amusing. I also find it amusing that you accuse me of only wanting to argue when all I ever see you do here is post flame-bait and throw personal insults around (Limey ring a bell?) :laugh:

If you have got things to do then why do I only see you here posting flamebait, and spamming personal insults against anybody who doesn't join your jihad against ATI?

If you want to actually talk about the video card market, and can handle glossing over some digs... you can chat it up with me. Till then.
You make it sound like I want to chat it up with a drooling, idiotic fanboy. No, we tried that remember? I made my views of your opinion clear, and while you had an opportunity to simply discuss the issue, you went off on a rampant troll-fest as I constantly see you do on this forum.

Please, you had your chance, now I will just sit back and laugh my cock off at all the ridiculous crap you post. :laugh:

imported_Crusader

Feb 12, 2006
I wonder how long you would actually last if you spoke like you do in your marvelous capitalist system. You do work for a business don't you?? Do you speak at work like you do here? You're the one telling people they're only badasses on forums but not in real life...I have to wonder now whether you are the same. You might speak like you do to your friends but I really doubt whether you speak like this at work...trying to offend anyone that doesn't agree with your viewpoint.

And I'm an ATI fanboy because I don't want to see them leave the GPU market (yet to be confirmed anyway)??? You're dumber than I thought.

Yeah I work in the corporate world. For a Fortune 100 company. Its a hustle, no doubt.
Its funny watching you guys flame out, avoiding any actual statements made but rather cant help but focus on my digs. Kinda sad. Point in case- in the real world.. you'd get out hustled, or you already have.
When you make a statement no one can combat against, and they just get mad? That means I win. Trust me, it does work in the real world. ;)

Thats enough off topic for me in this thread. Be nice to see some actual G80 talk, which ended with my posts above. Oh, and redbox.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah I work in the corporate world. For a Fortune 100 company. Its a hustle, no doubt.
Its funny watching you guys flame out, avoiding any actual statements made but rather cant help but focus on my digs. Kinda sad. Point in case- in the real world.. you'd get out hustled, or you already have.
When you make a statement no one can combat against, and they just get mad? That means I win. Trust me, it does work in the real world. ;)

Thats enough off topic for me in this thread. Be nice to see some actual G80 talk, which ended with my posts above. Oh, and redbox.

So I take it you don't talk like you do here because you'd probably be fired if you talked to all your colleagues like this.

And no it's not that "you made a statement no one can combat against", it's that most viewpoints were already shared earlier in the thread (I've already posted my viewpoints on G80 in another thread...don't need to do it again).

You just like to post flame-bait on these forums since I guess you get your $hits and giggles from that...and since you can't be flame-baiting others at work now can you. It's alright though...keep posting...no one takes you seriously anyway...and let me guess your response to that is "I don't care because I tell it like it is." Hehe, sure bud.