Do you think bin Laden was responsible for the attacks on 9/11/01?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Was Bin Laden responsible for the 9/11/01 attacks?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Sorry, sweetie, but since NIST conveniently never bothered to investigate for explosives, despite ubiquitous eyewitness accounts of suspicious explosions coming from all three towers before they collapsed (LOL, I wonder why... this would be akin to the police finding a decapitated body and not bothering to look for a murder weapon), my opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

That picture you posted: Textbook collateral bomb blast damage.
Why wouldn't they just put 10 vans filled with explosives down in the parking garage? Much easier to contain and less moving parts. Taking 4 passenger planes and flying them into buildings is just way too elaborate while rigging a bunch of buildings (without being noticed) with explosives.

Juror No. 8

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Why wouldn't they just put 10 vans filled with explosives down in the parking garage? Much easier to contain and less moving parts. Taking 4 passenger planes and flying them into buildings is just way too elaborate while rigging a bunch of buildings (without being noticed) with explosives.

Because the last time the FBI tried something like that in 1993 it didn't work. It just made a big mess, is all.

Sep 12, 2004
Likewise, you instituted yourself as an authority on what constitutes an authority figure or not. What are your credentials in determining who's an authority?

Sorry, sweetie. Point rejected.
Bwahahahaha. What a pathetically transparent and lameass response. You obviously aren't any sort of expert on collateral damage from bomb blasts so to avoid admitting it you have to come up with THAT jerkoff response as a reply?

I didn't make the authoritative statement. You DID. Either prove you have the expertise to backup your statement or prove you're an idiot. You have no other choice and trying to deflect from that will only serve to prove what we all know in here already, that you aren't any sort of expert which, by default, makes you an idiot.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The psychological effect of visually watching planes fly into buildings would be more traumatizing than simple explosives in a van wouldn't you agree?

You think planes would be more traumatizing than knocking one tower into the other toppling both and killing upwards of 50,000 people?

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Aliens, definitely tin foil beanie wearing aliens!!!!!

42577ba2-8600-e0cd.jpg

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4DMnmKJE1Y&feature=fvst

Like I said, I remember this happening when it was going on live and being like wtf. Also take into account the guy who owed the WTC properties (Larry Silverstein) took out massive terrorist insurance policies on that property right before this happened and then said that tower 7 was pulled in this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3E-26oVIIs

There is some debate on whether pull is a demo term or just the term the NYPD uses to withdraw from a dangerous building, but either way you really have to wonder how a building that was HUNDREDS OF YARDS away from the twin towers somehow magically caught on fire and collapsed from a fire and a dust cloud over 7 hours AFTER the attack. Keep in mind that this is a STEEL frame building that was not hit by a jumbo jet and doused in jet fuel.

Look, I don't pretend to know what happened that day but the fact that they reported this building as down before it happened and that it somehow magically caught on fire and was significantly damaged by a cloud of dust despite being hundreds of yards from the site of the attack is more than a little suspicious.

Am I claiming that our government attacked the towers with CIA trained and paid Al Qaida operatives? No. I have only claimed that tower 7 is IMMENSELY suspicious with respect to what actually happened that day. Just like JFK we will probably never know what really happened on 9/11 but tower 7, to me, is one of the most questionable events in US history.

Dec 10, 2005
No. I have only claimed that tower 7 is IMMENSELY suspicious with respect to what actually happened that day. Just like JFK we will probably never know what really happened on 9/11 but tower 7, to me, is one of the most questionable events in US history.

You need to loosen your tin foil hat. It's cutting off the blood supply to your brain and making you act stupid.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4DMnmKJE1Y&feature=fvst

Like I said, I remember this happening when it was going on live and being like wtf. Also take into account the guy who owed the WTC properties (Larry Silverstein) took out massive terrorist insurance policies on that property right before this happened and then said that tower 7 was pulled in this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3E-26oVIIs

There is some debate on whether pull is a demo term or just the term the NYPD uses to withdraw from a dangerous building, but either way you really have to wonder how a building that was HUNDREDS OF YARDS away from the twin towers somehow magically caught on fire and collapsed from a fire and a dust cloud over 7 hours AFTER the attack. Keep in mind that this is a STEEL frame building that was not hit by a jumbo jet and doused in jet fuel.

Look, I don't pretend to know what happened that day but the fact that they reported this building as down before it happened and that it somehow magically caught on fire and was significantly damaged by a cloud of dust despite being hundreds of yards from the site of the attack is more than a little suspicious.

Am I claiming that our government attacked the towers with CIA trained and paid Al Qaida operatives? No. I have only claimed that tower 7 is IMMENSELY suspicious with respect to what actually happened that day. Just like JFK we will probably never know what really happened on 9/11 but tower 7, to me, is one of the most questionable events in US history.

http://www.debunking911.com/WTC7.htm

There are pictures on that site of the heavy and extensive damage WTC7 sustained, and WTC 7 was not hundreds of yards away.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
This sort of conspiracy theory is pretty fascinating. My pet pop psych theory is that most conspiracy nuts just desperately want to be on the inside, to have knowledge no one else does, and get a smug sense of superiority that THEY can't be fooled, and that desire trumps any kind of logic or reason. Too lazy to self-educate on important, real world things and become an actual expert on something, I guess.

Wizard's First Rule.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Of course if he did it, and we then started wars in 2 countries, got thousands of our troops killed, and permanently disabled, and spent trillions of dollars doing it...

Surely after all of that effort we wouldn't simply dump his body in the ocean.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
http://www.debunking911.com/WTC7.htm

There are pictures on that site of the heavy and extensive damage WTC7 sustained, and WTC 7 was not hundreds of yards away.

OK, so first of all how did a building with a hole in the lower corner fall straight down? Second, why does this person have seemingly ridiculous amounts of floorplans and photos from WTC posted on his site, oddly named debunking911.com? He talks about it as though he is a structural engineer, yet he has time to setup this site and write that entire article? Seems a little too convenient.

Like I said, we will probably never know the real truth and it is probably somewhere in the middle. Do I think it was our government? No. Do I think it was just AQ trying to strike at the evil American empire? No.

You need to loosen your tin foil hat. It's cutting off the blood supply to your brain and making you act stupid.

Well if you say so, then I guess it has to be true. I mean I spend all my time on here spouting conspiracy theory don't I?

No, I just stated that WTC7 was very suspicious. Why is that such a threat to you?

Of course if he did it, and we then started wars in 2 countries, got thousands of our troops killed, and permanently disabled, and spent trillions of dollars doing it...

Surely after all of that effort we wouldn't simply dump his body in the ocean.

A shockingly simple observation that really makes a great point. Why the need to dump the evidence? Why is there so much interest in making people believe the official story of 9/11?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2004
Aww, he got himself banned. There goes all the fun from this thread.
Oh oh. Either government agents infiltrated the AT Mod account and banned him for exposing all their lies. Or he went off the deep end with his comments.

I'm guessing it was the latter.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
OK, so first of all how did a building with a hole in the lower corner fall straight down? Second, why does this person have seemingly ridiculous amounts of floorplans and photos from WTC posted on his site, oddly named debunking911.com? He talks about it as though he is a structural engineer, yet he has time to setup this site and write that entire article? Seems a little too convenient.

Like I said, we will probably never know the real truth and it is probably somewhere in the middle. Do I think it was our government? No. Do I think it was just AQ trying to strike at the evil American empire? No.

Well if you say so, then I guess it has to be true. I mean I spend all my time on here spouting conspiracy theory don't I?

No, I just stated that WTC7 was very suspicious. Why is that such a threat to you?

A shockingly simple observation that really makes a great point. Why the need to dump the evidence? Why is there so much interest in making people believe the official story of 9/11?

Ugg, just stop already.

Sep 12, 2004
He talks about it as though he is a structural engineer, yet he has time to setup this site and write that entire article? Seems a little too convenient.
Anand is an engineer yet he has time to run a rather large techie website AND contribute a lot of articles.

Do you find that a little too convenient as well?

:confused:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Oh oh. Either government agents infiltrated the AT Mod account and banned him for exposing all their lies. Or he went off the deep end with his comments.

I'm guessing it was the latter.

I saw the post that got him banned in another thread. I think he threatened someone or something. He got a month off.

Matt, what did I say that was so far off base? Do you really think Lee Harvey killed JFK and blew out the back of his head with a shot from above and behind him? Just because I don't buy bullshit does not mean I am a conspiracy whacko.

The problem is most of this country is just too lazy mentally to care or question anything. So why is there such a push to shutdown these kinds of questions when it is clear that nobody cares?

Millions of people have watched the 9/11 videos and nobody has done shit about it. Nobody believes Oswald killed JFK and nobody has done shit about it. So why do you care? It is clear that our nation is willing to put up with any amount of crazy bullshit as long as the economy is decent and nobody is attacking us.

At this point I don't even know why they bother trying to cover anything up anymore. I mean we all know now about the Gulf of Tonkin and the Lusitania, and still nobody cares. So why is it so important for you and the other Bushhuggers on here to proclaim me crazy for not believing that a steel frame building could be brought down by minimal collateral damage and a fire that magically started out of nowhere?

Anand is an engineer yet he has time to run a rather large techie website AND contribute a lot of articles.

Do you find that a little too convenient as well?

:confused:

He gets paid dude. Nobody paid that guy to do all that, well actually someone probably did.