Capital on Lockdown

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
So someone tries to ram their way on to the White House grounds with a vehicle, fails, and then throws the car in reverse spinning it around to flee and hitting a secret service agent in the process and you still argue they jumped in front of her?

Damn straight I do! The video shows that the shots were fired AFTER she got away, as she was leaving. NOT while they were in any danger!

Should they assume her intent to get into the White House was benign? As far as they knew the car was loaded with explosives. The occupant armed to the teeth.

For all I know you're a terrorist. Let's just open fire to be sure.

Appears we have some very different fundamental ideas about what it should take to kill a person.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What I don't understand is why this liberal moonbat would attempt to attack her savior, maybe because he hasn't lived up to her expectations yet?

I haven't seen any ID yet. You got a link for that proclamation?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I haven't seen any ID yet. You got a link for that proclamation?

Common sense needs no link.

Think about why there is no info on the freak.

Use liberal logic. Reference naval mass shooting. Understand the enemy and how it operates.

Last edited:

justin4pack

Jan 21, 2012
Its funny all they all say "rammed" the gate. Did u see the car? There is hardly any front end damage as well as a eye witness states that that damage was from the security station right were the car ended up at...

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Its funny all they all say "rammed" the gate. Did u see the car? There is hardly any front end damage as well as a eye witness states that that damage was from the security station right were the car ended up at...
You're right... maybe it was orchestrated by the same mysterious group that planned and planted all the explosives in the buildings on 9/11!

I think you're really onto something... o_O

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I think you guys are arguing the wrong point. She first "hit" a few posts when the cops surrounded her and she fled.

They chased her around the streets toward the capitol until she lost control and hit a sign. Her car was then not drivable. They surrounded the car and opened the passenger door. They then dumped rounds into her as she sat at the wheel unarmed. That is where things get very, very strange.

How long did they give her to get out of the vehicle?
Did they even try to get her out?
Why did they start shooting her as she sat in her car?
Were shots fired while the kid was still inside?

There is a lot of weird stuff here. It is way too soon to make a final judgement.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
You're right... maybe it was orchestrated by the same mysterious group that planned and planted all the explosives in the buildings on 9/11!

I think you're really onto something... o_O

No one is saying this is some vast conspiracy... The story still has some questions that need to be cleared up. I'm surprised people are taking sides so soon (well, maybe not this is a internet forum...)

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Damn straight I do! The video shows that the shots were fired AFTER she got away, as she was leaving. NOT while they were in any danger!

For all I know you're a terrorist. Let's just open fire to be sure.

Appears we have some very different fundamental ideas about what it should take to kill a person.

dude, what don't you get about her attacking cops, assuredly *AFTER* she was told to stop and chased after, and being a very clear danger to the area?

What don't you get that she ran away and could have taken her threat somewhere else. After all, you don't flee from the cops for no reason.

Finally, I have had 2 personal run-ins with the Capitol police and the USSS. One where my wife had radiation treatment at Washington Hospital Center, after which we were pulled over for hitting a radioactive detector. They had given her a card and the cop was very respectful and reasonable. We went on our way in no time.

The second time was when my brother visited us. He wanted to get some long-exposure night shots of the WH so we asked a USSS uniformed officer if it would be OK if we set up a tripod in Lafayette. He said no problem so we came back later that night and did it. 2 USSS on bikes came up to us, asked us what we were doing, and then went on their way.

The next day we went to tour the WH garden and the USSS were perfectly fine there.

These aren't muscle bound morons so drop the bullshit.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
dude, what don't you get about her attacking cops, assuredly *AFTER* she was told to stop and chased after, and being a very clear danger to the area?

And if I jump in front of your vehicle you'd be attacking me, by your own definition. I refuse to accept my own actions as reasonable grounds for forfeiting your life if you happen to panic and wish to flee.

What don't you get that she ran away and could have taken her threat somewhere else. After all, you don't flee from the cops for no reason.
You don't, people do. The response is fight or flight. Look it up.

I'm not saying she had a healthy reaction to being chased, but they placed themselves in that position. They surrounded the car on foot, without boxing it in. They purposeful made it that scenario where a frightened person had to go through them to escape.

So for the crime of being scared she was shot to death. Heaven f'ing forbid we don't be aggressive and force life and death situations on people. That we don't shoot first and ask questions later. Guess it'd be a crime if that child still had a mother.

These aren't muscle bound morons so drop the bullshit.
The video shows exactly my complaint. Your anecdote about a normal experience is not relevant. Try running next time, see if they don't shoot you first.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
The poor woman was probably just trying to sign herself and her baby up for Obamacare. She couldn't get it done online so she went to Obama's house to get it.

Maybe she was late for one of the White House tours?

Time to test the DNA of that baby, find out who the father is?

Damn, this is fun.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Looks like a garden variety nutjob. http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/politics/u-s-capitol-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

"Carey's boyfriend contacted police in December saying he feared for the safety of their child, who was 4 months old at the time, according to a law enforcement source involved in the investigation. The boyfriend said the woman was acting delusional, claiming the president had placed Stamford under lockdown and that her house was under electronic surveillance, the source said."

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I take it you're referring to the fully automatic Glock 18
This glock:
WNUS_30-cal_GAU17_minigun_pic.jpg

Dannar26

Mar 13, 2012
LOL. Sorry, it's like a dark comedy.

These people live in a royal bubble, completely sheltered from the surrounding murder capital of the country, so that when for the first time in forever someone actually fires a gun anywhere near the important people... "WHAT'S THAT???!"

Their reaction would probably be similar if any of the red tape they piss on everyone else ever effected them either. "WHAT'S THIS??"

D.C. is like a complete microcosm of fucked-up.

It's where we're headed. Moronic policies ensure we have two types of people: wealthy elite, and the dirt poor. RIP American middle class.

You've just got to love the blue blood reaction. To borrow from Eddy Izzard's standup: "Oh, you're a plumber? What on *earth* is that?!"

It's ironic that the magical anti-gun force field failed so close to wizards that cast the enchantment.

Guess the shutdown drained them of their powers?

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Facts are now coming out on the news, clarifying what really happened. Apparently the woman did not hit any officer. Another officer speeding down the road hit another officer resulting in minor injuries. She didn't ram any barricade either. She took a wrong turn into a barricade, and Capitol police surrounded her car. She had a number of cops surround her vehicle and banging on her window with guns pointed at her. They are saying she had a major head injury and suffered from depression and a mental illness caused by the head injury. She had her baby in the back seat when all this occurred. She panicked and tried to flee while in her car bumping into some barricade cones. At some point she stopped and exited the vehicle with cops in pursuit and up to 20 bullets were fired at her while she was on foot. A number of bullets hit her, killing her.

This just sounds like complete over reaction by the cops once again, and another senseless killing of a person. They could have apprehended her physically without firing a bunch of bullets at her.

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
One other thing that bothers me is Harry Reid and the Congress members applauding the officers actions and carrying on like she was some type of criminal. They didn't even have all the facts. It is just really sad what happened to that young woman. Her baby is without a mother now. I think these bozo's in congress need to refrain from acting like idiots before knowing all the circumstances .. but I know that it is asking too much of our representatives...sigh

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Facts are now coming out on the news, clarifying what really happened. Apparently the woman did not hit any officer. Another officer speeding down the road hit another officer resulting in minor injuries. She didn't ram any barricade either. She took a wrong turn into a barricade, and Capitol police surrounded her car. She had a number of cops surround her vehicle and banging on her window with guns pointed at her. They are saying she had a major head injury and suffered from depression and a mental illness caused by the head injury. She had her baby in the back seat when all this occurred. She panicked and tried to flee while in her car bumping into some barricade cones. At some point she stopped and exited the vehicle with cops in pursuit and up to 20 bullets were fired at her while she was on foot. A number of bullets hit her, killing her.

This just sounds like complete over reaction by the cops once again, and another senseless killing of a person. They could have apprehended her physically without firing a bunch of bullets at her.

At some point she stopped and exited the vehicle with cops in pursuit and up to 20 bullets were fired at her while she was on foot.

This appears to be completely inexcusable.