Capital on Lockdown

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
No, it's an expression of disdain for police over reacting and shooting an unarmed woman and when they knew a kid was in the car too.

(At the time of that post it was claimed she hit a police vehicle, thus the "bad driver" comment. Now it appears she never hit a cop car.)

Fern

She hit a cop after ramming a security barrier at the White House. She also tried to run over the ones swarming her vehicle in the video linked. And she was armed with a 4000 pound weapon at that point. The police had no clue what her intentions were at the White House to begin with and her actions sealed her fate.

I'll fill you in on a little secret. You point your car at a cop like she did, you're going to get shot.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If this woman was not armed the police could have boxed her in and taken her into custody. Instead, they took her life and made a child motherless. That's just great!

Oct 16, 1999
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/03/capitol-shooting_n_4038921.html?ref=topbar
The pursuit began when a car with Connecticut plates sped onto the driveway leading to the White House, over a set of lowered barricades. When she couldn't get through a second barrier, she spun the car in the opposite direction, flipping a Secret Service officer over the hood of the car as she sped away, said B.J. Campbell, a visiting tourist from Portland, Ore.

OMG, why couldn't he have just leaped over the car while kindly asking her to please stop? Fucking pigs creating excuses to shoot innocent people.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
She hit a cop after ramming a security barrier at the White House. She also tried to run over the ones swarming her vehicle in the video linked. And she was armed with a 4000 pound weapon at that point. The police had no clue what her intentions were at the White House to begin with and her actions sealed her fate.

I'll fill you in on a little secret. You point your car at a cop like she did, you're going to get shot.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time drudging up sympathy for this woman. Driving like a fucking maniac is going to end up with someone getting hurt or killed.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I think the police showed great restraint in this instance. They couldn't have known if the one year old was armed. Yet they decided to NOT fire first on the infant. The police have to do EVERYTHING they can to protect their lives.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
LOL so your response to assault on a cop is summary execution. You're a sicko.

She was still a lethal threat. She'd already showed no hesitation of running people over. It's a tough call, but in the moment I can definitely understand the logic.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
She was still a lethal threat. She'd already showed no hesitation of running people over. It's a tough call, but in the moment I can definitely understand the logic.

So you'd be a lethal threat if I jump in front of you?

Aggression that creates these situations can be avoided. People don't have to die because they're scared.

Here's an idea. Don't jump in front of a vehicle.

Jan 25, 2011

Aggression that creates these situations can be avoided. People don't have to die because they're scared.

Yup. She was just driving down the road minding her own business when a cop jumped out in front of her just so he could shoot her.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006

Right, because the cops just felt like murdering a woman with her kid in the back seat, so they intentionally jumped in front of a moving car simply to give themselves a reason. :rolleyes:

Here's an idea: Don't try to run over cops after they've stopped and surrounded your vehicle.

Oct 16, 1999
Yup. She was just driving down the road minding her own business when a cop jumped out in front of her just so he could shoot her.

No only that, he then tried to run away, just baiting her to run him down. You can see it in the video (before you lose sight of them behind a wall). She didn't stand a chance.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
.. so they intentionally jumped in front of a moving car simply to give themselves a reason. :rolleyes:

Didn't they?

Here's an idea: Don't try to run over cops after they've stopped and surrounded your vehicle.
Flight or fight response. Look it up.

Let's jump in front of anyone who runs, gives us a license to kill. How DARE they have human instinct to flee?

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Didn't they?

No, they didn't; unless you've got some serious evidence to the contrary. They tried to keep a stopped car stopped. Cops tend to do that when they stop you.

Let's jump in front of anyone who runs, gives us a license to kill. How DARE they have human instinct to flee?

Great, so that time I was pulled over for missing a yellow light I should have just run over the cop! Fight or flight response bitches! I'm sure that would have gone over so well with the jury. :rolleyes:

I mean I managed to stay composed and respectful and even got the ticket knocked off my record by going to traffic school, but fuck that next time I'm going cop-caking! :D

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Right, because the cops just felt like murdering a woman with her kid in the back seat, so they intentionally jumped in front of a moving car simply to give themselves a reason. :rolleyes:

That's crazy talk! Crazy!

Don't you see she was scared and needed a hug?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Didn't they?

Yes. And once that action dangers an officer or others open fire.

Jan 25, 2011
Didn't they?

So someone tries to ram their way on to the White House grounds with a vehicle, fails, and then throws the car in reverse spinning it around to flee and hitting a secret service agent in the process and you still argue they jumped in front of her?

Should they assume her intent to get into the White House was benign? As far as they knew the car was loaded with explosives. The occupant armed to the teeth.

Last edited:

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

this.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
So someone tries to ram their way on to the White House grounds with a vehicle, fails, and then throws the car in reverse spinning it around to flee and hitting a secret service agent in the process and you still argue they jumped in front of her?

Should they assume her intent to get into the White House was benign? As far as they knew the car was loaded with explosives. The occupant armed to the teeth.

This.

It's ridiculous to rip on the police for trying to stop a potential car bomb.

The "aggressive" stance is nothing more than a response to a crazy ass person trying to get to the WH, then fleeing when stopped.

If you see cops coming after you with guns drawn, what the fuck do you do? Run away? Try to run them over?

Really?

I am all for cracking down on aggressive cops but this is ridiculous.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

I can't understand why people don't get that.

WTSherman

May 18, 2013
Another lunatic, keep in mind our population is enormous compared to to even 20 years ago. Don't be surprised out of 400 million a few crackpots showing up here and there.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Another lunatic, keep in mind our population is enormous compared to to even 20 years ago. Don't be surprised out of 400 million a few crackpots showing up here and there.

What I don't understand is why this liberal moonbat would attempt to attack her savior, maybe because he hasn't lived up to her expectations yet?