Angry protesters descend on mosque

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

daishi5

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2005
old testament, before Christ. Hayabusa asked for instances where Christ instructed.. Care to keep digging? remember, in the context of war and self protection, you can kill, so don't pull any verses out of context.

Zing!

Romans is old testament, wow I forgot a lot in my years away from the church.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Its like having someone come into your house rape and murder your wife and kids. Then burn the house to the ground. 24 months later the cousins of those same people buy the property and build a playground on it. Its disgraceful, it really is.

The American Muslims who want to build a place of worship within a couple of blocks of 9/11 are not in any way related to the Saudi et. al terroritst.

Your analogy sucks.

A better one would be if some black Nigerians had come to this country and raped and murdered your wife and kids and then, nearly a decade later, a black American congregation wanted to build a church a few blocks away from where you lived and the idiot bigot hate parade turned out in force at black churches around this country to scream at parishioners and push placards in the faces of their children, because, you know, all blacks are shiftless, lazy white-women raping murderers.

Islam is a religion of hate. Everyone knows this. N!ggers are welfare slurping sub-humans. Everyone knows this. :rolleyes:

Hate is an ugly, divisive weapon. Put down yours, classy.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Muslims aren't ordinary people. They're following an archaic religion from the stone ages and deep down inside they all want to kill infidels.

Being a muslim and following the koran isn't like picking and choosing what you eat in a cafeteria. It's all or none. You tell me you are a muslim? I also assume you want me to die.

Oh, kind of like how everyone in this thread assumes you're ignorant?

I believe they are quite a few Christians who "pick and choose" not to stone disobedient children.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
The American Muslims who want to build a place of worship within a couple of blocks of 9/11 are not in any way related to the Saudi et. al terroritst.

Your analogy sucks.

A better one would be if some black Nigerians had come to this country and raped and murdered your wife and kids and then, nearly a decade later, a black American congregation wanted to build a church a few blocks away from where you lived and the idiot bigot hate parade turned out in force at black churches around this country to scream at parishioners and push placards in the faces of their children, because, you know, all blacks are shiftless, lazy white-women raping murderers.

Islam is a religion of hate. Everyone knows this. N!ggers are welfare slurping sub-humans. Everyone knows this. :rolleyes:

Hate is an ugly, divisive weapon. Put down yours, classy.

OK OK OK
I am a black man. I confess. But damn, every single counter argument from you folks always is along something black. Come on now, come up with something different :biggrin:. I can be a pain in the ass and dogmatic, but I base my arguments on the facts of the situation.

Now back to the issue at hand. Why now? I am sure there was plenty of space in that area before 9/11. So why the bleep now do you want to build a new mosque? Donate a daycare center, a help center, why do they have to build a mosque? You got an answer?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Want to show me where Jesus tells his disciples to go and kill the Gentiles, or did you forget the part in Christianity where "Christ" appears in the word?

So people may be ignorant about Islam. You seem to be one-upping them in yours about Christianity as practiced by Christ.

Supposedly god and Jesus are the same thing. Old Testament is where Jesus was a Genocidal maniac.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
The people arguing against the mosque in NYC are a bunch of ignorant douchebags. Their misguided, mangled minds have concocted the scenario of a religious war between Islam and their "Christian Nation". There is no such war, and the U.S. is not a "Christian Nation", but a nation of all religions. The WTC site is not sacred (which is a religious term anyway). It is a symbol of terrorist activity. There was no central, world-wide Islamic authority that worked for its destruction. Just as there are Christians that kill abortion doctors in the name of Christianity, other Christians are quick to point out such things do not represent all of them. Muslims would like to point out that all of them are not like those of 9-11. Why do they not deserve the same consideration?

The people protesting mosques being built elsewhere are even bigger idiots.

My personal opinion is that all religion is BS, and I would prefer that no houses of worship ever be built anywhere as it is a colossal waste of resources. But since I believe in my country's freedoms, I cannot oppose any such building. I'm sure the actual terrorist elements in the world have heard of "divide and conquer" and are ecstatic that these retards are doing such great "dividing" work. Perhaps next the terrorists will start secretly funding these fools since they would get a great return on their dollars in destroying the great fundamental principles of this country. History might record it as the great "let Americans tear down America strategy".

Merithynos

Dec 22, 2000
A line I've heard recently from the religious right is 'Islam isn't a valid religion, it's a cult and should not be given the rights of a religion'.

That's funny...technically, isn't Christianity just a messianic cult of Judaism?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The thing that cracks me up the most is the Christians who say they love this country but are agains the first amendment. The first amendment provides for freedom of relgion. Yet the christians who are anti-islam want freedom of religion only if it's a christian religion. So you know what, FUCK YOU if you are one of those people. I, unlike you, actually do love this country and don't want it to become some theocratic oligarchy run by the rich christians that conservatives seem to be aiming for.

Why is it that I've never met a single conservative anywhere that actually likes the values this country is supposed to stand for? What the fuck is wrong with conservatives? I'm really beginning to believe that in order to be a conservative you have to have some form of serious mental issues.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I base my arguments on the facts of the situation.

[...]

I am sure there was plenty of space in that area before 9/11.

Plenty of space before the destruction? It's Manhattan, NYC, probably the densest built area in the entire fucking country, Mr. "I base my arguments on the facts." :rolleyes:

...why do they have to build a mosque? You got an answer?

Here's an answer: So that the Muslims in the area, of which there are plenty enough, can simply have a place to worship.

Get up to speed here and please stop letting your bigotry BLIND you to OBVIOUS FACTS, you self-professed, fact-based decision-making man, you! :awe:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Oh so ignore the whole religions bible/text except what you want to read/follow. Wow, sounds like you and al qaeda think a lot alike.

Why don't YOU google al qaeda and see what they read from their religious text and all the excuses they give for ignoring the rest. Once you see their reasons you will se they seem just like yours.

So you don't know the difference between traditional Judaism as defined in the Pentateuch (which the Jews of today aren't practicing) and Christianity?

This is even better and better. Hell, you'd go up to Jesus himself and say he wasn't a Christian because he healed on the Sabbath.

Oh, guess what? Bin Laden is a POS who uses whatever reason to kill someone. If some guy quoted Deuteronomy and said he was a Christian and blew up buildings, guess what? Hes a POS too. That doesn't mean I use comparative ignorance to justify anything. You're doing that.

In case you haven't clued in I think the people have a perfect right to put that mosque in. I also think it's incredibly stupid they couldn't see this coming. I'm not afraid of "those" guys. If someone gives legal cause for a problem, then they and anyone else can get their butts thrown into jail. Putting a mosque in NYC and not expecting anything to come of it? Come on.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
And hey hey look here Dr Laura, hehehehehehehehe, that is uncalled for. :)

I was pointing out YOUR BLIND, UGLY BIGOTRY in terms you couldn't possibly ignore. :twisted:

What I typed in mocking parody is as uncalled for as your blind bigotry is.

That was my point.

Perhaps you will begin to see this now.

Perhaps not. Such is the power and emotional suasion of bigotry.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
So you don't know the difference between traditional Judaism as defined in the Pentateuch (which the Jews of today aren't practicing) and Christianity?

This is even better and better. Hell, you'd go up to Jesus himself and say he wasn't a Christian because he healed on the Sabbath.

Oh, guess what? Bin Laden is a POS who uses whatever reason to kill someone. If some guy quoted Deuteronomy and said he was a Christian and blew up buildings, guess what? Hes a POS too. That doesn't mean I use comparative ignorance to justify anything. You're doing that.

In case you haven't clued in I think the people have a perfect right to put that mosque in. I also think it's incredibly stupid they couldn't see this coming. I'm not afraid of "those" guys. If someone gives legal cause for a problem, then they and anyone else can get their butts thrown into jail. Putting a mosque in NYC and not expecting anything to come of it? Come on.

So you do admit that you use the same reasons to ignore the parts of the bible that don;t back you up as BinLaden does with Islam. Good to know. :awe:

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Fail. McVeigh didn't blow anything up in the name of Jesus or the Pope or the Virgin Mary.

Only fail is your part, this was already covered...

"Reasons Osama bin Laden says he attacked America

(1) Because you attacked us and continue to attack us.
(2) These tragedies and calamities are only a few examples of your oppression and aggression against us. It is commanded by our religion and intellect that the oppressed have a right to return the aggression. Do not await anything from us but Jihad, resistance and revenge. Is it in any way rational to expect that after America has attacked us for more than half a century, that we will then leave her to live in security and peace?!!

Reason McVeigh said he attacked America

McVeigh claimed that the bombing was revenge for "what the U.S. government did at Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Both people had large support among their peers

Looks close to me?"

McVeigh prayed to his god right before he was killed, just as those on the airplanes did before they were killed.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
So you do admit that you use the same reasons to ignore the parts of the bible that don;t back you up as BinLaden does with Islam. Good to know. :awe:

So it was Bin Laden who was on the planes that killed all the people? No, it was martyrs who were doing it in the name of Islam.

Perknose

Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
In case you haven't clued in I think the people have a perfect right to put that mosque in. I also think it's incredibly stupid they couldn't see this coming.

But you put no energy whatsoever into condemning the hateful bigoted reactions.

Why? Your passive acceptance of ignorant anti-Islam bigotry ruling the day is revealing.

Instead, you devote your eloquence, paragraph after learned paragraph in post after post, parsing Christianity as "not really" the religion of hate while remaining silent on those who would tar Islam with that same ugly bigoted brush.

Where you put your energies is a window into your true feelings.

You are fooling no one but yourself about this.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
But you put no energy whatsoever into condemning the hateful bigoted reactions.

Why? Your passive acceptance of ignorant anti-Islam bigotry ruling the day is revealing.

Instead, you devote your eloquence, paragraph after learned paragraph in post after post, parsing Christianity as "not really" the religion of hate while remaining silent on those who would tar Islam with that same ugly bigoted brush.

Where you put your energies is a window into your true feelings.

You are fooling no one but yourself about this.

fvck islam

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Only fail is your part, this was already covered...

"Reasons Osama bin Laden says he attacked America

(1) Because you attacked us and continue to attack us.
(2) These tragedies and calamities are only a few examples of your oppression and aggression against us. It is commanded by our religion and intellect that the oppressed have a right to return the aggression. Do not await anything from us but Jihad, resistance and revenge. Is it in any way rational to expect that after America has attacked us for more than half a century, that we will then leave her to live in security and peace?!!

Reason McVeigh said he attacked America

McVeigh claimed that the bombing was revenge for "what the U.S. government did at Waco and Ruby Ridge.

Both people had large support among their peers

Looks close to me?"

McVeigh prayed to his god right before he was killed, just as those on the airplanes did before they were killed.

Actually you fail my friend. One of the major reasons why Bin Laden hates the US is that he believes our presence in Saudi Arabia (which is the home nation to the Islamic holy city of Mecca) is an affront to all of Islam and then using number 2 which you site only further goes to prove how Bin Laden uses his religion and its teachings of jihad to bolster his fanatical claims.

As for McVeigh his actions were more attributed to his political beliefs on the nature and role of the federal government then his view points on god.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
So it was Bin Laden who was on the planes that killed all the people? No, it was martyrs who were doing it in the name of Islam.

Actually, AGAIN, if you knew anything about 9/11 you would know that most hijacked the plane for bin laden/al qaeda and had no knowledge that flying it into a building was the real plan.

The ones that did the flying were the ones that did that. The other were just following orders due to their cause, al qaeda.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Actually, AGAIN, if you knew anything about 9/11 you would know that most hijacked the plane for bin laden/al qaeda and had no knowledge that flying it into a building was the real plan.

The ones that did the flying were the ones that did that. The other were just following orders due to their cause, al qaeda.

Keep it simple. Islamic terrorists did it.