Angry protesters descend on mosque

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yea.

Christian God specifically tells His followers to kill the practitioners of other faiths. Let alone all the other places in the bible it says killing is ok.

Did you do any work on the sabbath?

Want to show me where Jesus tells his disciples to go and kill the Gentiles, or did you forget the part in Christianity where "Christ" appears in the word?

So people may be ignorant about Islam. You seem to be one-upping them in yours about Christianity as practiced by Christ.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
You want me to be sympathetic towards the folks who want to build a Mosque now at ground zero, excuse me 2 blocks away, like wow such a great distance. But yet these people are not being sympathetic towards the people who lost loved ones there. It swings both ways you know.

Not for muslims it doesn't. It's their way, or the highway, they've proven this.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
No shit. It is being built at just about the closest possible place. They are idiots not because they want to build "A" mosque, but because they picked a site so close. They are idiots because another idiot could have seen this coming. You didn't did you?

AGAIN is is a couple blocks away and not even JUST a mosque, but just a mosque on 1 floor of a multi-use building.

So if someone was to put a church a couple blocks away from where the WTC was you would also be against that? Or are you just a closed minded bigot like the idiots in the story from teh OP?

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Want to show me where Jesus tells his disciples to go and kill the Gentiles, or did you forget the part in Christianity where "Christ" appears in the word?

So people may be ignorant about Islam. You seem to be one-upping them in yours about Christianity as practiced by Christ.

No shit.. if a bunch of muslims walked into Jesus's house, he would have washed their feet.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Oh yeah, why don't you explain this one away...

And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. 3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth. 4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? To save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.
  • 5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other. 6 And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
AGAIN is is a couple blocks away and not even JUST a mosque, but just a mosque on 1 floor of a multi-use building.

So if someone was to put a church a couple blocks away from where the WTC was you would also be against that? Or are you just a closed minded bigot like the idiots in the story from teh OP?

Oh snap.. He pulled the Bigot card. He's getting flustered.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
If you don't understand why they shouldn't do it, you're the stupid one.

I am still waiting on your reason they should not build it. Only reason I can see is like the idiot people in the OPs story, you are just another closed minded bigot.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000

Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1)If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Infidels and Gays Should Die
So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Oh yeah, why don't you explain this one away...

I read something like that not to long ago. It was the Sabbath, and Jesus found someone who needed to be healed. He got ridiculed by the Jews for trying to "do work" on the sabbath and jesus was like wtf mate, why would I not heal this guy because you say I can't do work? are you crazy?

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I am still waiting on your reason they should not build it. Only reason I can see is like the idiot people in the OPs story, you are just another closed minded bigot.

Because it's like rubbing salt in the wound left from 9/11. You might be over it, but many people in that community are not. It was islamists in the name of islam that perpertrated 9/11. They don't want a damn islamic mosque near the site.

Again, bad taste.

Islamists are incredibly insensitive to infidels.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
The funny thing about you two christian guys is that you're not supposed to be judging anyone else as per christ, but I guess that's one part you guys interpreted out of your religion right?

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
kill followers of other religions.
1)if your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: Do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the lord, your god, who brought you out of the land of egypt, that place of slavery. And all israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (deuteronomy 13:7-12 nab)

infidels and gays should die
so god let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about god, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things god made but not the creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why god abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge god, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of god, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of god's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (romans 1:24-32 nlt)

old testament, before Christ. Hayabusa asked for instances where Christ instructed.. Care to keep digging? remember, in the context of war and self protection, you can kill, so don't pull any verses out of context.

Zing!

Last edited:

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
The funny thing about you two christian guys is that you're not supposed to be judging anyone else as per christ, but I guess that's one part you guys interpreted out of your religion right?

There's a big difference.

It would be foolish not to recognize an idiot for an idiot, so that you don't subject yourself to false wisdom.

The idea of "judging" doesn't really apply to individual instances of behavior. I'm not judging anybody's soul.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Because it's like rubbing salt in the wound left from 9/11. You might be over it, but many people in that community are not. It was islamists in the name of islam that perpertrated 9/11. They don't want a damn islamic mosque near the site.

Again, bad taste.

Islamists are incredibly insensitive to infidels.

So by your reasoning if someone kills in the name of ANY religion then that religion should be banned for... how many miles?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Kill Followers of Other Religions.
1)If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Infidels and Gays Should Die
So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

You like looking stupider by the moment don't you? Where did Jesus say to kill these people?

First, if you bothered to understand anything (which you don't making you equal to those you accuse of being ignorant about Muslims) you would have noticed that Jesus healed on the Sabbath and that pissed the Pharisees off to no end. You did know who they were before you google them, right? Yeah.

Second, that other part was written by Paul not Jesus, and yes many believe in a concept of sin which some find completely unacceptable and yes that includes homosexuality.

Now where do you find Paul arguing that Christians should be the instrument of God and kill people? Approve? Nope. Kill for it? No again.

Keep getting your ass handed to you in a hat.

As for me, I don't give a shit if the Muslims build a mosque, any more than I care if you decide to light fireworks with a can of gasoline and douse yourself with it. You can expect a spectacular display or you are an idiot if you don't see it coming.

N'est-ce pas?
Comprende?
Eh?

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
There's a big difference.

It would be foolish not to recognize an idiot for an idiot, so that you don't subject yourself to false wisdom.

The idea of "judging" doesn't really apply to individual instances of behavior. I'm not judging anybody's soul.

Right, even if you don't think you are judging them, you are still supposed to be kind to them, not go to their church and fling insults at them like a bunch of children. I've never met a single christian or catholic that doesn't let their personal prejudices get in the way of what was actually taught in the bible by christ, which according to most christians i meet is the real important part of their religion.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What these people did was wrong. But to say the mosque is an answer is delusional. You can't blame muslims as a whole for what Bin Laden and his gang did. But its a slap in the face to this nation and country to build a mosque in ground zero. Its like having someone come into your house rape and murder your wife and kids. Then burn the house to the ground. 24 months later the cousins of those same people buy the property and build a playground on it. Its disgraceful, it really is.

What do we do with the mosque at the pentagon?

What is the appropriate distance from ground zero to allow a mosque? 2 blocks, 2 miles, 20 miles? Make the call.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
You like looking stupider by the moment don't you? Where did Jesus say to kill these people?

First, if you bothered to understand anything (which you don't making you equal to those you accuse of being ignorant about Muslims) you would have noticed that Jesus healed on the Sabbath and that pissed the Pharisees off to no end. You did know who they were before you google them, right? Yeah.

Second, that other part was written by Paul not Jesus, and yes many believe in a concept of sin which some find completely unacceptable and yes that includes homosexuality.

Now where do you find Paul arguing that Christians should be the instrument of God and kill people? Approve? Nope. Kill for it? No again.

Keep getting your ass handed to you in a hat.

As for me, I don't give a shit if the Muslims build a mosque, any more than I care if you decide to light fireworks with a can of gasoline and douse yourself with it. You can expect a spectacular display or you are an idiot if you don't see it coming.

N'est-ce pas?
Comprende?
Eh?

Oh so ignore the whole religions bible/text except what you want to read/follow. Wow, sounds like you and al qaeda think a lot alike.

Why don't YOU google al qaeda and see what they read from their religious text and all the excuses they give for ignoring the rest. Once you see their reasons you will se they seem just like yours.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
l_0cdc133c2a1540fea7faf4afc8eddfbd.jpg

lol

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Right, even if you don't think you are judging them, you are still supposed to be kind to them, not go to their church and fling insults at them like a bunch of children. I've never met a single christian or catholic that doesn't let their personal prejudices get in the way of what was actually taught in the bible by christ, which according to most christians i meet is the real important part of their religion.

I am kind to muslims. I don't care that they build mosques. Most Muslims are moderate, gentle people that look to the quran for peace.

However, I don't think they should build a mosque near Ground Zero.

I'd be saying the same thing if Jews perpetrated 9/11 and wanted to build a synagogue there.

Nov 30, 2006
I think those that hate Christianity the most...understand it the least...and are quite content to wallow in their unabashed bigotry and pathetic ignorance.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Really? You tell that to the family members and collegues of 3000 plus killed. If one wasn't there before then damn it one shouldn't be there now.

Are you normally this stupid or is today a special day for you?