19 Year Old Girl Shot Looking for Help

Page 52 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
One thing I don't understand is the prosecution claims Mr Wafer aimed the shotgun and shot Ms Mcbride. How could the pellets travel straight from front to back if she was shorter than Mr Wafer as well as standing several inches below the house floor level on the porch. Wouldn't the pellets have had a downward trajectory if he aimed/shot her?

He is trying to claim that she was looking up and the gun was angled at a downward plane to put it on the same level plane as her face.

Which is a huge stretch as that would require Wafer to be holding the gun about 9 feet in the air considering how far away he was standing from her. Even a small incline of the face would change the angle of that plane drastically.

Of course if she was level and the owner slipped a little, as claimed, and he brought the gun down even onto the same plane as her head while slipping, it would be a far more realistic claim. Not that I'm saying that is what happened either.

We'll just see how the evidence is presented and played out in trial.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm rather curious as to what the legal requirements are for someone to be, legally speaking, a goblin.

In any case, I have a feeling this will go down differently than the zimmerman trial.
LOL I wondered about that as well. Goblins being mythical, I would think that the mere fact of existence would disqualify her.

Dr. P, from what I heard in the stream, he told the police the gun accidentally discharged after he lost his balance or tripped. The gun was inspected by two experts who after testing it stated in court that it accidentally going off was simply not possible. I am not convinced he had any malicious intentions and still think he made a very big mistake by talking. If you give someone enough rope to hang themselves with they tend to swing...
Clearly he meant he pulled the trigger, but accidentally, a reflexive movement when he tripped. Seems more likely to me that "accidentally" was a Holy Shit in hindsight, but that's a guess. Either way, if one points a gun one has a responsibility to control the trigger, as otherwise the gun is extremely unlikely to fire. I don't see this guy getting off shy of manslaughter given that he opened the door. How can you argue that someone was trying to break into your house if you have to help them by opening the actual door?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
He is trying to claim that she was looking up and the gun was angled at a downward plane to put it on the same level plane as her face.

Which is a huge stretch as that would require Wafer to be holding the gun about 9 feet in the air considering how far away he was standing from her. Even a small incline of the face would change the angle of that plane drastically.

Of course if she was level and the owner slipped a little, as claimed, and he brought the gun down even onto the same plane as her head while slipping, it would be a far more realistic claim. Not that I'm saying that is what happened either.

We'll just see how the evidence is presented and played out in trial.

Here's the testimony.

http://live.freep.com/Event/Live_bl...for_homeowner_in_Renisha_McBride_case?Page=11

If the position of the person holding the weapon firing as it is in the door frame, it would have to have been fired downward to hit a person on the porch who is 6 inches lower.

Balash said he is 5-foot-11 and would have to shoot downward given the location of the hole in the screen.

The assistant medical examiner testified earlier that McBride was shot straight on.

Balash has explained different scenarios. He said that the damage on the screen doesn't indicate a downward shot. He said there isn't a lot of damage to the screen. He said he would expect to see ripping and a pattern if the shot were fired downward.

Here's the part I was waiting for the Azzhole and F$cking Punk said over and over in loud overbearing voice.

http://live.freep.com/Event/Live_bl..._for_homeowner_in_Renisha_McBride_case?Page=0

Assistant prosecutor: The facts establiished is that Wafer took a shotgun out of a case, it was loaded, racked, the safety was taken off, he carried gun to the front door, "he shoved that shotgun in her face and he pulled the trigger," shooting through a locked screen door.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Assistant prosecutor: The facts establiished is that Wafer took a shotgun out of a case, it was loaded, racked, the safety was taken off, he carried gun to the front door, "he shoved that shotgun in her face and he pulled the trigger," shooting through a locked screen door.

How exactly does one shove a shotgun in someone's face when there is a barrier in the way?

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Yea I was rolling my eyes when I heard the prosecutor say "shoved that shotgun in her face"

C'mon now... seriously?

I think anyone who believes this guy consciously decided he was going to blow away a young woman by herself at his door, is an absolute nut.

I think the fact that this was some sort of misunderstanding / tragic accident / impulsive fear-based over-reaction or whatever... is basically self-evident.

Some sort of racist decision to deliberately blow a young black woman away while knowing she was no threat, isn't even on the table for anyone with a brain inside their head.

Generator

Mar 4, 2005
I think the fact that this was some sort of misunderstanding / tragic accident / impulsive fear-based over-reaction or whatever... is basically self-evident.

If it was self-evident there wouldn't even be a trial you cheap, reverse racist feigning, fraud of a human being.

Is it possible this man killed this woman because she was black? YES! It is most certainly possible! It always amusing white gifting these "halos" onto other white people's motives. Reverse the situation with the man being shot by the woman...I doubt those halos would be so forthcoming.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
If it was self-evident there wouldn't even be a trial you cheap, reverse racist feigning, fraud of a human being.

Is it possible this man killed this woman because she was black? YES! It is most certainly possible! It always amusing white gifting these "halos" onto other white people's motives. Reverse the situation with the man being shot by the woman...I doubt those halos would be so forthcoming.
WTF? Of course there would be a trial. Lots of people are tried and convicted of things they did not intend to do. This man's charges even include that.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
He's going to get something shoved in his face in Prison and it isn't going to be a shotgun.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Don't try to break into someone's home. Lest you get dead.

It's really that simple.

If you do that you may get dead.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012

What in the hell are you on about?

As werepossum said, of course there'd be a trial. And I've said before I think there should be a trial, and that he probably IS guilty of manslaughter. It's a slightly tricky situation though and a lot depends on what she was doing to his door.

And as for the classic liberal "you're a racist because you disagree with me, and yes I know we were talking about Coke vs. Pepsi but I call my opponents racist no matter the subject" crap you engaged in... you may or may not be aware that the vast majority of my posts on these forums were generated during my defense of a non-white person in a self-defense shooting.

Ironically, I used to be an enormous fan of Alan Grayson, the guy in your avatar. I was as "anti-racist" and as liberal as a person could be... and very recently, too. It's amusing and amazing just how crystal clear the mindless demonization and witch hunting behavior of the left is once you extract yourself from it.

He's going to get something shoved in his face in Prison and it isn't going to be a shotgun.

And you're a fantastic person for looking forward to that and delighting in that.

Despite the fact that this shooting was almost certainly a result of his having just woken up and being in fear, and the fact that he looks absolutely crushed in court.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Don't try to break into someone's home. Lest you get dead.

It's really that simple.

If you do that you may get dead.

Don't open your door and shoot someone through the locked screen and tell the police the shotgun accidentally went off.

It's really that simple.

If you do that may get you jailed.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
And you're a fantastic person for looking forward to that and delighting in that.

Despite the fact that this shooting was almost certainly a result of his having just woken up and being in fear, and the fact that he looks absolutely crushed in court.

I delight in it just as much as you and Spidey and the rest of your friends delight in people being shot down like this.

Just as much as you and your friends delight in going on smear campaigns against people.

Basically, I don't give a shit about how you feel about your friend's potential future of being a prison bitch.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Minneapolis homeowner shot after answering knock at door for help

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) -
Minneapolis police are investigating the fatal shooting of an elderly homeowner who was approached by a man begging for help and fearing for his life late Friday morning.

At 11:46 a.m. Friday, officers were called a home on the 3700 block of Aldrich Ave. N. in the McKinley neighborhood on a report of a man who had gone to the house and asked the homeowner to call police.

The man told the homeowner he was being chased by people that wanted to kill him.

The homeowner called 911 and squads arrived a short time later and found the homeowner dead of a gunshot wound. The man who was originally asking for help was found inside the house and was taken into custody.

Police have not released the homeowner's identity, but relatives told Fox 9 News he lived in the neighborhood for many years and raised his family in that house.

"Real kind person, very gentle. He'd give you the shirt off his back if he could and he'd do anything for you," relative Leland Baldwin said.

Police have booked 20-year-old suspect Devon Derrick Parker on murder charges.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Yea I was rolling my eyes when I heard the prosecutor say "shoved that shotgun in her face"

C'mon now... seriously?

I think anyone who believes this guy consciously decided he was going to blow away a young woman by herself at his door, is an absolute nut.

Some sort of racist decision to deliberately blow a young black woman away while knowing she was no threat, isn't even on the table for anyone with a brain inside their head.

LOL LMAO Every post you make, all I can think of is that damn snake singing to Mowgli in the Disney Movie. "Truuusst in meeee."

Last edited:

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Clearly he meant he pulled the trigger, but accidentally, a reflexive movement when he tripped. Seems more likely to me that "accidentally" was a Holy Shit in hindsight, but that's a guess. Either way, if one points a gun one has a responsibility to control the trigger, as otherwise the gun is extremely unlikely to fire.

Unless you are a Cop then it is ok to point a Gun at someone then accidentally pull the trigger.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Unless you are a Cop then it is ok to point a Gun at someone then accidentally pull the trigger.
Yeah, cops get a LOT of latitude. I don't know it's common to get off uncharged on an accidental shooting though, unless there is some mitigating factor such as an ongoing struggle to subdue a suspect.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Or do it your way, go ahead and get your valuables and guns out and just open the door and hand it all over. Be the "modern progressive" your parents and teachers trained you to be.

Nope.

My way is to ask through the door what do they want. Keep the door closed. Ask what they want. Send them on their way.

BTW, it's not MY valuables and guns I want to hand over, it's YOUR valuables and guns I want to hand over. Pft,... and you think you know us liberals!!

Sheesh.

Sep 7, 2009
Nope.

My way is to ask through the door what do they want. Keep the door closed. Ask what they want. Send them on their way.

BTW, it's not MY valuables and guns I want to hand over, it's YOUR valuables and guns I want to hand over. Pft,... and you think you know us liberals!!

Sheesh.

"OMG OMG I was just RAPED and my attacker is about to catch up to me HELP"

Sep 7, 2009
Be sure not to force him to pay child support - it's your responsibility lady, you're the one with them fancy girl parts,...

I guess your liberalie logic ends when faced with a real-world situation.

It's funny how you modern progressives have all of this unrealistic advice as to what someone should do in a fictional dangerous situation, yet when prompted to debate reality all you can do is duck and deflect.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
I guess your liberalie logic ends when faced with a real-world situation.

It's funny how you modern progressives have all of this unrealistic advice as to what someone should do in a fictional dangerous situation, yet when prompted to debate reality all you can do is duck and deflect.

What is so unrealistic about keeping the damn door closed?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What is so unrealistic about keeping the damn door closed?

Because a typical approach used by criminals is to bang on the door asking for help until you come to the door. If you don't answer but say something they bash it in to catch you off guard. You don't have to open it. The tactic is to get you to come to the door and throw off your ability to defend yourself.

Which gets back to what I've been saying all along, don't bang on somebody's door in the middle of the night. Might get you shot.