19 Year Old Girl Shot Looking for Help

Page 54 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Ok 4 black people on the jury and the rest white..... Imma gonna call it a hung jury on the murder charge. At most he is going to get a manslaughter conviction, too many whites on the jury to get anything more than that. Justice certainly is not color-blind in White America.

Crap, my prediction was all wrong! And here I thought I was smarter than everybody else.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Not surprised, the little snippets of testimony I've heard have been a muddled mess. In one he claimed to have thought the shotgun was unloaded; in another he claimed to have feared for his life. That would mean he feared for his life from an intruder on the porch, so he grabbed his shotgun, did not load it, and opened the door previously quite effectively keeping the intruder outside. Claiming that space aliens had abducted him and forced him to shoot this drunken chick would probably have been as good a defense.

Hell, claiming that fancy chickens had abducted him and forced him to shoot her wouldn't have been noticeably worse.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Hell, claiming that fancy chickens had abducted him and forced him to shoot her wouldn't have been noticeably worse.

Fancy chickens. I've noticed a few about lately, and I'm afeared they might come a knock, knock, knockin' at my front door. D:

Mother plucking chickens, they don't even speak real good like us'n 'Muricans. :colbert:

In all seriousness, I think this was a case where the details painted the picture, no ideology needed. The devil is always in the details.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Fancy chickens. I've noticed a few about lately, and I'm afeared they might come a knock, knock, knockin' at my front door. D:

Mother plucking chickens, they don't even speak real good like us'n 'Muricans. :colbert:

In all seriousness, I think this was a case where the details painted the picture, no ideology needed. The devil is always in the details.
Yep. And in his casting about for a solid defense, he was also invalidating each flimsy defense with the next.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
good. justice was as done as it can be

Justice was done when she attempted breaking and entering to rob the innocent victim.

He fucked up by talking to police. Never do that. If he kept his mouth shut and lawyered up he'd be a free man for a clearly justified shooting.

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Justice was done when she attempted breaking and entering to rob the innocent victim.

He fucked up by talking to police. Never do that. If he kept his mouth shut and lawyered up he'd be a free man for a clearly justified shooting.

Always interesting to read your posts spidey.:D

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Truth hurts. Most can't accept it.

The truth is, if, in the same circumstances, you did what this feloniously violent bozo did. -- and the likelihood, at least from the tenor of your posts, is that you would have -- you'd now be separated from your wife and family for decades, leaving them alone to live with the legal bills and the shame of what you did, and bereft of your further financial support.

You, sir, would have BLOOD on your hands, and years and years to ponder the consequences of your violently ill-considered choice.

Taking a life unnecessarily, in cowardice or in hate, is frowned upon in civilized society.

That's the truth here, spidey.

And you're right, it hurts.

It should. :(

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Oh come on....
The whole entire problem with this case was the NRA success at selling guns by demonizing neighbor against neighbor.
At one time when people were still sane and caring, a home owner would have first asked WHAT IS THE MATTER when a stranger or neighbor, or friend (for all that matter) might have knocked on ones door at 3am.
But no more...
Today, everyone is the enemy, and the gun is the only answer.
For THAT, you can thank the NRA.
Spreading the fear to sell those guns.
And it never hits home until your own son or daughter is shot at 3am by your neighbor.

himkhan

Jul 13, 2013
Truth hurts. Most can't accept it.

The truth doesn't only hurt.. it stings!

Grab what you tell the cops you thought was an unloaded shotgun instead of your cellphone, release the safety, go towards the threat to lower the drawbridge to the castle by opening the locked door, then tell the police your gun went off all by itself and shoot some poor innocent girl in the face, through a locked screen door, go to jail for murder. Lesson learned the hard way.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
If his brain wasn't always sent on ALARM and WARNING, I am sure he never would have murdered this girl. When you feel everyone is out to get you, you just start shooting,..

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

Always nice finding out what the KKK thinks about news articles, I'm glad you can share.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
The truth doesn't only hurt.. it stings!

Grab what you tell the cops you thought was an unloaded shotgun instead of your cellphone, release the safety, go towards the threat to lower the drawbridge to the castle by opening the locked door, then tell the police your gun went off all by itself and shoot some poor innocent girl in the face, through a locked screen door, go to jail for murder. Lesson learned the hard way.

Yes. He should have just said I shot the threat as it was attempting to break in. Now where's my lawyer?

He'd be Scott free.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Spidey is a lunatic. I feel bad for anyone who has to interact with him in person.

I'm still alive. That bitch is dead because of her poor decisions.

Don't want to get dead? Don't try to break into somebody's house in the middle of the night.

Don't do that.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
The truth is, if, in the same circumstances, you did what this feloniously violent bozo did. -- and the likelihood, at least from the tenor of your posts, is that you would have -- you'd now be separated from your wife and family for decades, (

That could be a long term benefit to his family.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Don't want to get dead? Don't try to break into somebody's house in the middle of the night.

Don't do that.

It must suck to always be so wrong and have so little empathy for your fellow human beings I think we're all just waiting to hear about you on the news.

Nov 25, 2013

Don't do that.

internet-tough-guys-they-re-coming-for-your-nuts-crankyhead-demotivational-poster-1285977781_zps56ffffa7.jpg

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It must suck to always be so wrong and have so little empathy for your fellow human beings I think we're all just waiting to hear about you on the news.

What's funny is everybody I work with belives the same. All high paid professionals.

I guess when you get to a point where you have something to protect your perspective will change.

That's how I can read you losers so easily.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
What's funny is everybody I work with belives the same. All high paid professionals.

I guess when you get to a point where you have something to protect your perspective will change.

That's how I can read you losers so easily.

Just because they smile and nod when you rant doesn't mean they agree with you. They are just scared you are going to go postal on them if they openly disagree with you.